electra

Lana Del Rey Themed Food and Drink Recipes

oh my god i fucking love this i wanna try all these drinks

someone make a drink w diet mountain dew obv (maybe like a ice-cream soda/float/)

Fine China: some decadent, vanilla and almond flavored drink. Maybe a frappe? Latte?

negAbhB.png

I agree.

Never liked American style coffee in those huge plastic cups. I prefer an European style espresso.

I always imagined Lana sitting at a small table in a small restaurant Bistro. The light breezy air slowly moving her hair curls around her face. 

She would be drinking an italian espresso, maybe with a little splash of Amaretto Disaronno , which makes it taste like sweet roasted almonds.

Or perhaps she could also have a small glass of Sambuca Romana with 2 roasted coffee beans in the glass, to acompany her café ritual.

As she slowly drinks her espresso with her ruby-red lips, the men sitting at the other tables would be drooling at the mouth   :P

PYJQTDg.png

That's how I like to imagine Lana too, but unfortunately the reality is it's always single-use cups while on-the-go with her  :teehee: and probably Starbucks 

This thread :flutter:  all of your ideas are so good :wub:

Didn't Lana said  in an interview that she can't cook haha

We need Cherry Coke & Pabst blue ribbon (on ice) as well  and maybe some pizza   imagine you are eating pizza with Lana ..that's life goals

2014-07-29_08-13-45.png

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I like the idea of making foods based on the albums so here are my suggestions. :3

• Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant

• Queen of the Gas Station - a king sized coffee to go
Night Time - a blue and purple colored milkshake, to mimic a galaxyGramma's Girl - a piece of fruit cakeLavender Mermaid- a lavender flavored cupcake, decorated with a mermaid tailPawn Shop Pan - toast served with orange marmelade

Born To Die

Cocaine Heart - I'm thinking a heart-shaped dark chocolate lava cake with powdered sugar on top. Can be served with a glass dome to mimic the "glass room".
Blue Jeans - It needs to be blue, and I'd like it to be something in them In some of them, like a small gold colored "nugget" to symbolize the wealth the guy in the song is chasing after. Maybe a blue macaron with a hard, gold candy hidden in few of them? If you find the nugget, you win... uh... another dessert maybe?It's All For You - three scoops of ice cream of your choice.The Not So-Diet Mountain Dew Cream Soda(You're No Good For Me) - a float made of DMD, ice cubes and ice cream, topped with green colored grated coconut.National Anthem - I like electra's idea of a red-white-blue colored drink so I say, let's go with it and garnish with edible gold flakes on the top. Money is the anthem after all, right?Sweet Like Cinnamon - I wanted to suggest apple pie with cinnamon but it doesn't feel elegant enough to match the song's lyrics. Served on a golden plate.Carmen - an alcoholic drink of sorts, or soft ice cream flavored with alcohol.Million Dollar Man - something for the ones who feel like splurging a bit. Coffee? Jasmine flower tea? Edible gold leaf, served with one handmade chocolate praline.Summertime Sadness - Pineapple and lime sorbet with a touch of chili for that "sizzling" experience on your tongue.Lolita - a cakepop maybe?

Paradise

American - salted and buttered popcorn, served on weekends and national holidays. :creep:
Pepsi Cola - I can only think of the soda being served nicely with some decorations, like a metallic palm tree thingy and a sugared edge on the glass.Life Imitates Art - a latte with your selfie printed on it.Blue Velvet - simply a blue velvet cake (or cupcake) instead of red.Sprinkles shaped like golden stars as decoration?

Ultraviolence

Ultraviolence - crème brûlée, just so you can "hit" a surface and break it.
Brooklyn Baby - a bagel, New York style.Pretty When You Cry - a cocktail for when you need to drown your sorrowsAte My Way Up To The Top - eating contest! The winners gets a picture taken and put in a special photo album.Old Money - with rose water to create a nice fragrance.Black Beauty - activated charcoal buttermilk waffles served with the darkest chocolate syrup imaginable, a scoop of charcoal ice cream and bitter coffee sprinkles. OR maybe a filling, savory sandwich made of charcoal bread, lower price on weekday mornings.Florida Kilos - orange juice cocktail served in a rimmed glass.Violet Pills - something similar to, say, TicTacs.

Honeymoon

Your Honeydew - a honeydew flavored pudding OR a honeydew sago drink (coconut milk, honeydew melon, sugar, water, ice cubes)
Pink Flamingo - a pink mocktail served with a mini parasol and flamingo stirrerGod Knows I Tried - something with little sugar and fat for everyone who are struggling to stick to their diet. A nut bar or maybe a raw ball?High, I - a fresh salad with sea salt sprinkled over and CBD oil in the dressing or in a hummus spread to your slice of bread. Does not make you high though.Freak - a LDR themed freakshakeSalvatore - a luxurious soft serve with fresh fruits OR a slice of cacciatore pizza (I don't care if she sings calcciatore U ^ U )The Blackest Day - see Black Beauty24 - a Vesper Martini, for that Agent 007 theme

Lust For Life

Love - a chilled coffee drink, served with two straws; meant to be shared with a partner or friend
13 Beaches - something that's served with sea salt and is made of local sea food. Maybe a simple pasta salad?Cherry - a slice of cherry pieIn My Feelings - sounds like a good name for another cocktail or mocktail to be honest, OR fortune cookies with some sassy LDR quotes in the slip insideHeroin - donut served with a syringe to inject all the goodness into itChange - another option for those who are looking for something to eat with little or no sugar or fats

Norman fucking Rockwell!

The Rockwell - the barista can have some fun with latte art
Everything In Neon - a layered colorful drinkCinnamon In My Teeth - so much cinnamon in this crumble cake, it's gonna stick in your teeth for the rest of the dayDisappear - cotton candy/candy flossThe greatest - another cock-/mocktailBartender - a speciality at the café which you can only get here

More suggestions
  • Cherry Blossom - a cherry blossom flavored clear agar gel/mochi with a flower inside. Seasonal.
  • Elvis - the King's favorite sandwich: peanut butter, banana and crispy bacon.
  • Super Sized: a large portion of french fried to go with your meals, or just to eat on its own.
  • Bill - a lemonade

And, there needs to be a neon light shaped like a lightning bolt by the smoking area. But as a non-smoker, I'd prefer if a smoking area didn't exist at all lol. Can you tell I have a sweet tooth after reading this? :creep:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Lana mentions the color blue a lot:

Color Blue: Blueberry Pancakes / maybe with blue food coloring or blueberry muffins/cupcakes

Out of the Black into Blue: Blueberry Pancakes with a really dark chocolate sauce or blueberry cupcakes with a dark chocolate topping

Sun and Ocean blue:  a plate with a lot of tropic/citrus fruits e.g oranges, peaches, coconuts and so on(more healthy) or  a peach pie or a pie with several fruits & Ocean Blue Lemonade

recipe for Ocean Blue Lemonade

3 teaspoons of sugar
50 ml of water

50 ml of coconut water
200 ml lemon soda
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp blue food coloring

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

salvatore is chicken cacciatore

i remember playing salvatore for my italian mother for the first time and at the chorus she went "cacciatore?? that's a chicken dish" and then she got inspired and made it for dinner that night. so soooo yummy

One-Skillet-Chicken-Cacciatore-3.jpg

Pasta with ketchup, just as Lana likes it.

1. Boil pasta until somewhat soft

2. Add ketchup

3. R E G R E T

Bone apple teeth  :kiss:

What ?!   

spaghetti with ketchup ??  :D   Pooor spaghetti !! AAAAAHAHAHAHA

Then I read Lana´s comments...

Question = Food that make me happy is:

Spaghetti. I eat it everyday – just plain with tomato sauce.

That´s better :)   For a moment it got me worried.

Tomato Sauce is much diferent than just plain tomato Ketchup.

I like the idea of making foods based on the albums so here are my suggestions. :3

• Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant

• Queen of the Gas Station - a king sized coffee to go
Night Time - a blue and purple colored milkshake, to mimic a galaxyGramma's Girl - a piece of fruit cakeLavender Mermaid- a lavender flavored cupcake, decorated with a mermaid tailPawn Shop Pan - toast served with orange marmelade

Born To Die

Cocaine Heart - I'm thinking a heart-shaped dark chocolate lava cake with powdered sugar on top. Can be served with a glass dome to mimic the "glass room".Blue Jeans - It needs to be blue, and I'd like it to be something in them In some of them, like a small gold colored "nugget" to symbolize the wealth the guy in the song is chasing after. Maybe a blue macaron with a hard, gold candy hidden in few of them? If you find the nugget, you win... uh... another dessert maybe?It's All For You - three scoops of ice cream of your choice.The Not So-Diet Mountain Dew Cream Soda(You're No Good For Me) - a float made of DMD, ice cubes and ice cream, topped with green colored grated coconut.National Anthem - I like electra's idea of a red-white-blue colored drink so I say, let's go with it and garnish with edible gold flakes on the top. Money is the anthem after all, right?Sweet Like Cinnamon - I wanted to suggest apple pie with cinnamon but it doesn't feel elegant enough to match the song's lyrics. Served on a golden plate.Carmen - an alcoholic drink of sorts, or soft ice cream flavored with alcohol.Million Dollar Man - something for the ones who feel like splurging a bit. Coffee? Jasmine flower tea? Edible gold leaf, served with one handmade chocolate praline.Summertime Sadness - Pineapple and lime sorbet with a touch of chili for that "sizzling" experience on your tongue.Lolita - a cakepop maybe?

Paradise

American - salted and buttered popcorn, served on weekends and national holidays. :creep:Pepsi Cola - I can only think of the soda being served nicely with some decorations, like a metallic palm tree thingy and a sugared edge on the glass.Life Imitates Art - a latte with your selfie printed on it.Blue Velvet - simply a blue velvet cake (or cupcake) instead of red.Sprinkles shaped like golden stars as decoration?

Ultraviolence

Ultraviolence - crème brûlée, just so you can "hit" a surface and break it.Brooklyn Baby - a bagel, New York style.Pretty When You Cry - a cocktail for when you need to drown your sorrowsAte My Way Up To The Top - eating contest! The winners gets a picture taken and put in a special photo album.Old Money - with rose water to create a nice fragrance.Black Beauty - activated charcoal buttermilk waffles served with the darkest chocolate syrup imaginable, a scoop of charcoal ice cream and bitter coffee sprinkles. OR maybe a filling, savory sandwich made of charcoal bread, lower price on weekday mornings.Florida Kilos - orange juice cocktail served in a rimmed glass.Violet Pills - something similar to, say, TicTacs.

Honeymoon

Your Honeydew - a honeydew flavored pudding OR a honeydew sago drink (coconut milk, honeydew melon, sugar, water, ice cubes)Pink Flamingo - a pink mocktail served with a mini parasol and flamingo stirrerGod Knows I Tried - something with little sugar and fat for everyone who are struggling to stick to their diet. A nut bar or maybe a raw ball?High, I - a fresh salad with sea salt sprinkled over and CBD oil in the dressing or in a hummus spread to your slice of bread. Does not make you high though.Freak - a LDR themed freakshakeSalvatore - a luxurious soft serve with fresh fruits OR a slice of cacciatore pizza (I don't care if she sings calcciatore U ^ U )The Blackest Day - see Black Beauty24 - a Vesper Martini, for that Agent 007 theme

Lust For Life

Love - a chilled coffee drink, served with two straws; meant to be shared with a partner or friend13 Beaches - something that's served with sea salt and is made of local sea food. Maybe a simple pasta salad?Cherry - a slice of cherry pieIn My Feelings - sounds like a good name for another cocktail or mocktail to be honest, OR fortune cookies with some sassy LDR quotes in the slip insideHeroin - donut served with a syringe to inject all the goodness into itChange - another option for those who are looking for something to eat with little or no sugar or fats

Norman fucking Rockwell!

The Rockwell - the barista can have some fun with latte artEverything In Neon - a layered colorful drinkCinnamon In My Teeth - so much cinnamon in this crumble cake, it's gonna stick in your teeth for the rest of the dayDisappear - cotton candy/candy flossThe greatest - another cock-/mocktailBartender - a speciality at the café which you can only get here

More suggestions
  • Cherry Blossom - a cherry blossom flavored clear agar gel/mochi with a flower inside. Seasonal.
  • Elvis - the King's favorite sandwich: peanut butter, banana and crispy bacon.
  • Super Sized: a large portion of french fried to go with your meals, or just to eat on its own.
  • Bill - a lemonade

And, there needs to be a neon light shaped like a lightning bolt by the smoking area. But as a non-smoker, I'd prefer if a smoking area didn't exist at all lol. Can you tell I have a sweet tooth after reading this? :creep:

That is an AMAZING Menu !!  :gclap:    Just FABULOUS !

If you can cook all that, I wanna marry you !! 

Let´s live together, Let´s cook together,  Let´s clean house together, I wanna have your baby!

errrrrrr.... Wait... on second thought , that´s a bad idea, .... I´m a guy, I cant get pregnant  :P

:teehee:

-

This thread :flutter:  all of your ideas are so good :wub:

Didn't Lana said  in an interview that she can't cook haha

We need Cherry Coke & Pabst blue ribbon (on ice) as well  and maybe some pizza   imagine you are eating pizza with Lana ..that's life goals

2014-07-29_08-13-45.png

The fact that this is after THAT Cola performance makes it even more iconic.

original.gif