Elle

2nd poetry book "Behind the Iron Gates - Insights from an Institution" with Simon & Schuster - OUT MARCH 2021 [POSTPONED]

Just now, Chemtrail said:

Does anyone know if the poem "My Father Told Me If I Went Slowly I'd Be Safe - But He Was Wrong" was real? It was never posted, just the title, but it was supposedly for Behind the Iron Gates and the full Grandfather title reminded me of it. Does anyone know where we got that title from?

She revealed that title in one of her interviews, and I remember her saying that it was eleven minutes long spoken aloud and was made for Behind the Iron Gates. So sad that the book was stolen, I really wanted to hear this :trisha:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, Chemtrail said:

Does anyone know if the poem "My Father Told Me If I Went Slowly I'd Be Safe - But He Was Wrong" was real? It was never posted, just the title, but it was supposedly for Behind the Iron Gates and the full Grandfather title reminded me of it. Does anyone know where we got that title from?

Yes, it’s real and it is a poem from Iron Gates. Lana revealed it in her March 2021 interview with Rolling Stone Germany!

5 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

She revealed that title in one of her interviews, and I remember her saying that it was eleven minutes long spoken aloud and was made for Behind the Iron Gates. So sad that the book was stolen, I really wanted to hear this :trisha:

5 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Yes, it’s real and it is a poem from Iron Gates. Lana revealed it in her March 2021 interview with Rolling Stone Germany!

I get a lump in my throat every time I read this. Like I know it’s not coming but I’ve delulued myself into thinking there’s a chance it’ll come out someday:trisha:

3 minutes ago, BoDaToe said:

I get a lump in my throat every time I read this. Like I know it’s not coming but I’ve delulued myself into thinking there’s a chance it’ll come out someday:trisha:

To be fair, I definitely think it’s not completely shelved! It really seemed like Lana had a lot she was needing to say with that book, and I’m sure she’s trying to recall the poems and recapture the magic she had on the last draft before everything was lost. At least Patent Leather Do-Over was posted well in advance so that will remain as is if it still ends up in the book. 

5 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

To be fair, I definitely think it’s not completely shelved! It really seemed like Lana had a lot she was needing to say with that book, and I’m sure she’s trying to recall the poems and recapture the magic she had on the last draft before everything was lost. At least Patent Leather Do-Over was posted well in advance so that will remain as is if it still ends up in the book. 

I hope she goes on IG live around the time of this album release so we could maybe find out if she's still writing or if it's going to be a completely different project. She said she had to start over but I'm not sure what that will really mean, and based on how she used to sometimes forget lyrics live I honestly don't see her trying to recreate the same poems. We remember everything she writes but I don't think she does, I think she just moves forward and keeps writing to an extent it would be impossible to remember some of it off by heart. I could read the entirety of Violet to you aloud with no copy of the book around me but I doubt she could because she's constantly moving onto the next project. I wouldn't be surprised if she already has ideas in mind for LDR10:thumb2:

4 minutes ago, Chemtrail said:

I hope she goes on IG live around the time of this album release so we could maybe find out if she's still writing or if it's going to be a completely different project. She said she had to start over but I'm not sure what that will really mean, and based on how she used to sometimes forget lyrics live I honestly don't see her trying to recreate the same poems. We remember everything she writes but I don't think she does, I think she just moves forward and keeps writing to an extent it would be impossible to remember some of it off by heart. I could read the entirety of Violet to you aloud with no copy of the book around me but I doubt she could because she's constantly moving onto the next project. I wouldn't be surprised if she already has ideas in mind for LDR10:thumb2:

I want to know this as well, and would love to have insight into her writing process right now. And you’re so right - obviously it won’t be word for word, but she did say that when a poem came to her, she would dictate it into her voicenotes and then transcribe what she recorded, so I’m guessing by “starting over”, she’ll likely revisit those voicenotes and extrapolate those lines and sentiments into new poems adjacent to the originals? 

8 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Ugh. Hope is a dangerous thing for a lipster to have - but I have it:icant:

Im hoping Jack had the audios saved and she just has to go back and re type them out.

4 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I want to know this as well, and would love to have insight into her writing process right now. And you’re so right - obviously it won’t be word for word, but she did say that when a poem came to her, she would dictate them into her voicenotes and then transcribe them, so I’m guessing by “starting over”, she’ll likely revisit those voicenotes and extrapolate those lines and sentiments into new poems adjacent to the originals? 

I hadn't thought about the voice notes! That's a great point. If she keeps those recordings or maybe sends them to Jack for a potential audiobook then maybe it's more a case of rearranging and starting again with the formatting and accompanying photos. I really hope she still has some of the content beyond Patent Leather Do-over. Forever haunted by the fact we know it had 200 pages at that point :(

4 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I want to know this as well, and would love to have insight into her writing process right now. And you’re so right - obviously it won’t be word for word, but she did say that when a poem came to her, she would dictate it into her voicenotes and then transcribe what she recorded, so I’m guessing by “starting over”, she’ll likely revisit those voicenotes and extrapolate those lines and sentiments into new poems adjacent to the originals? 

Ok vocabulary. Living up to your namesake I see

1 minute ago, Chemtrail said:

I hadn't thought about the voice notes! That's a great point. If she keeps those recordings or maybe sends them to Jack for a potential audiobook then maybe it's more a case of rearranging and starting again with the accompanying photos. I really hope she still has some of the content beyond Patent Leather Do-over. Forever haunted by the fact we know it had 200 pages at that point :(

Same! I hope it’s exactly the case that you mentioned, with it being how she has to  restart her sequencing of the poems and the pictures, because that’s certainly less of a loss than the actual poems themselves. Patent Leather Do-Over is truly one of her best written works ever, and probably her most sophisticated poem, in my opinion - and I imagine the rest of the book was in that vein and of that caliber so it’s truly a shame what happened. :( 

3 minutes ago, BoDaToe said:

Ok vocabulary. Living up to your namesake I see

:typewriter::thumb3::kiss:

Just now, lilac heaven said:

thinking about this again, I am so sad about this situation lol :trisha:

200+ pages, an eleven minute spoken word poem, Patent Leather Do-Over :trisha:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

4 minutes ago, Sadaurora said:

Atp i jope it gets leaked online or at least the robber sends it back to queen so she could properly release ugh

she's the one who deleted it if I remember correctly

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

On 2/14/2023 at 1:12 PM, prettywhenimhigh said:

she's the one who deleted it if I remember correctly

Wdym by deleted? Like, gone forever? Cause I was under the impression that it was just postponed and since she’s Lana, (and changes her mind all the time) decided to not release it 

edit: side note, how dare she upload that video for patent leather do-over just to scrap the project. I’m still upset about that:crossed:

Edited by TropicoKitten