Elle

2nd poetry book "Behind the Iron Gates - Insights from an Institution" with Simon & Schuster - OUT MARCH 2021 [POSTPONED]

On 2/17/2023 at 5:12 PM, TropicoKitten said:

Thank you! For some reason I don’t remember seeing that video when it came out. Definitely makes me think they’re gone, which is really unfortunate :(

i think she deleted it very quickly after posting

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

So one thought - didn't she always claimed she's writing with a typewriter? :creep: I mean, unless the poems were each pages long, it doesn't seem weird to have them written down. Do you guys think she might really meant it was all gone? Because they were all files on her computer?

I need the next t*ink who finds her on the street to kindly ask her to reconsider writing a second poetry book. Her poetry is so beautiful violet really is a masterpiece and the whole fandom pays it dust. WAKE UP SHEEOPLE WHERE ARE THE PETITIONS THE PROTESTS THE CAMPAIGNS for a second book.

18 minutes ago, Rusted iron gates said:

I need the next t*ink who finds her on the street to kindly ask her to reconsider writing a second poetry book. Her poetry is so beautiful violet really is a masterpiece and the whole fandom pays it dust. WAKE UP SHEEOPLE WHERE ARE THE PETITIONS THE PROTESTS THE CAMPAIGNS for a second book.

Not letting this thread leave recently updated y’all are so fake :stareney3:

I had a dream last night that Lana announced her second poetry book in an Instagram post. She wrote that instead of attempting to rewrite the drafts from Iron Gates, she started from scratch and wrote an entire new book while she was on tour over the summer. She noted certain cities & states that fueled a lot of inspiration for her including Alabama, Burgettstown PA, Charleston WV, Charlotte NC, Columbia MD, Dallas TX, and Indiana(?) The caption in total was really long. She also noted that she would try to revisit Iron Gates one day, but was so excited to share her new collection with us as soon as she could. This new book was titled North Star and was being released through an indie Japanese publisher (it started with an U, something like Umaruane) and she put the link to preorder from the publisher’s website in her bio, but the site was all in Japanese. North Star would also have an audiobook edition with accompaniment from Jack Antonoff again. The post featured a video with the audiobook version of the title track of the book set to a visual of different scenery she had taken while travelling on tour with an orangeish vintage noise filter overlay. The poem was reminiscent of the speech she gave at her Dallas show and featured the line “never forget to let passion be your true North Star” from her speech and talked about Icarus as she did in her recent interview. Her voice in the recording was very light and delicate. The instrumental accompaniment was beautiful and similar to those on Violet but more lush.
I then made the pre-release thread for it and member Embach was the first to reply lol. Within seconds, the thread already had multiple pages of everyone freaking out about the release. Some people were also speculating she might tour in Japan soon because of the publisher. Her announcement also gained her 11 million new followers on Instagram skkk.

Anyway, just thought I’d share this dream with you all. I’ve been longing for another new poetry release from Lana, so I’m hoping this dream was a bit of foreshadowing that one comes soon :sleep:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

On 6/15/2023 at 11:52 PM, sheepie said:

FR we know she remembers some of those ideas/poems she wrote

She doesn't even remember the lyrics to her officially acknowledged and released songs so I doubt it. Poems are usually more lengthy and complicated anyway so it makes sense they are just gone and she barely remembers a few lines from them.

On 12/6/2023 at 1:15 PM, Elle said:

I had a dream last night that Lana announced her second poetry book in an Instagram post. She wrote that instead of attempting to rewrite the drafts from Iron Gates, she started from scratch and wrote an entire new book while she was on tour over the summer. She noted certain cities & states that fueled a lot of inspiration for her including Alabama, Burgettstown PA, Charleston WV, Charlotte NC, Columbia MD, Dallas TX, and Indiana(?) The caption in total was really long. She also noted that she would try to revisit Iron Gates one day, but was so excited to share her new collection with us as soon as she could. This new book was titled North Star and was being released through an indie Japanese publisher (it started with an U, something like Umaruane) and she put the link to preorder from the publisher’s website in her bio, but the site was all in Japanese. North Star would also have an audiobook edition with accompaniment from Jack Antonoff again. The post featured a video with the audiobook version of the title track of the book set to a visual of different scenery she had taken while travelling on tour with an orangeish vintage noise filter overlay. The poem was reminiscent of the speech she gave at her Dallas show and featured the line “never forget to let passion be your true North Star” from her speech and talked about Icarus as she did in her recent interview. Her voice in the recording was very light and delicate. The instrumental accompaniment was beautiful and similar to those on Violet but more lush.
I then made the pre-release thread for it and member Embach was the first to reply lol. Within seconds, the thread already had multiple pages of everyone freaking out about the release. Some people were also speculating she might tour in Japan soon because of the publisher. Her announcement also gained her 11 million new followers on Instagram skkk.

Anyway, just thought I’d share this dream with you all. I’ve been longing for another new poetry release from Lana, so I’m hoping this dream was a bit of foreshadowing that one comes soon :sleep:

I actually love that idea of North Star and I love the idea of collaborating with a Japanese publisher (I had always wanted Lana to visit Japan) :wub: I need a new book and audiobook from her, Violet is such a beautiful work of art!

Also, a very detailed dream! And the fact that I was haunting in your dreams :omfg2: My active era never really dies lol

url%5D

2 hours ago, Embach said:

And the fact that I was haunting in your dreams :omfg2: My active era never really dies lol

Coming for the Most Active Award at the Lipsters xx

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

5 hours ago, Creyk said:

She doesn't even remember the lyrics to her officially acknowledged and released songs so I doubt it. Poems are usually more lengthy and complicated anyway so it makes sense they are just gone and she barely remembers a few lines from them.

Agreed! The only poems she could rewrite as is are the ones she recorded with Jack (she mentioned there were six or seven).