overlookglow

Lana's catalogue on Spotify

Anyone else occasionally long for the old days when we would have total control over how we organise Lana's music through iTunes?

Noticed a few weird things with her Spotify catalogue lately:

• The album art for Lust For Life, Ultraviolence and Paradise EP have the explicit material logo in the corner, even though it's not needed on streaming services and none of her other album covers have it on Spotify? Weird.
  • There's no need for the standard edition of BTD to be there? (TBH, there's no need for the Deluxe version or standalone Paradise EP either, we have BTD: Paradise Edition)
  • Label should really have taken down the old version of BTD: Paradise Edition when the new "Special" one with Burning Desire was added
  • Paradise artwork is more saturated than that of BTD: Paradise Edition and it's very irritating
  • I wish NFR had the explicit artwork, I can't see Spotify having a problem with that if they're not censoring the album title?
  • Tropico EP isn't there :(

Really wish some of this stuff could be cleaned up by her label. And in an ideal world, that Is This Happiness and Flipside get added to Ultraviolence (Deluxe) whenever the exclusivity period is up.

Yo, when are we getting the Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant re-release?  :cuteface:

1. Different versions of the paradise EP, physically, have different saturation’s. this inconsistency also goes for its physical releases. for example, some paradise box sets and lighter than others.

2. Paradise has seperate physical releases so I get why they did that on Spotify also.

3. I don’t think Tropico is really heavily considered part of her discography as it never had a physical release. That’s potentially why it’s only available to buy the audio rather than stream?

4. Spotify often does have censored versions is album covers. Idk why. Maybe it’s because that’s what they ask for in their guidelines on their upload page, maybe something like “if there is an explicit version of the album cover and non explicit please use the non explicit”. and maybe when they say that they just used the censored one even thought Spotify probably wouldn’t have cared for the text (see: night time my time, that’s probably what they actually meant in terms of censorship).

idk; it’s probably bc her team doesn’t care enough to keep it consistent

It doesn't really matter and it doesn't affect the songs anyway, Ride for example has 140.8million plays on Paradise, BTD:TPE and BTD:TPE Special Edition so it doesn't matter what one you listen to. The more album versions then the more you can play in full when you want.

I get what you're saying but yes, BTD, BTD:TPE, Paradise EP need to be separated.

They're different versions, Paradise exists alone and it also exists w/ BTD

This omg... imagine searching for the Born to Die album on spotify and not finding it only bc you have the re-release which isn't the original version

nxbcIKZ.png

it kills me.

This would not bother me if they would just order them in a way that makes sense. It should be Born to Die, Born to Die (Deluxe), Paradise, Born to Die: The Paradise Edition, then Born to Die: The Paradise Edition (Special Version). Like the fact that Paradise comes first irritates me because that isn't how they were released. Also not me not knowing "Burning Desire" was on the special version   :facepalm:

Disagree about not packaging the two projects together. The death and ascent idea was extremely fascinating. 

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Something else I noticed is that if you open Ultraviolence (Deluxe) on PC/Mac and scroll to the bottom, there's a tab that lets you select the standard version. Interesting how this doesn't seem to be a widely used feature on Spotify.

Yo, when are we getting the Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant re-release?  :cuteface:

Something else I noticed is that if you open Ultraviolence (Deluxe) on PC/Mac and scroll to the bottom, there's a tab that lets you select the standard version. Interesting how this doesn't seem to be a widely used feature on Spotify.

Spotify seems so random with this, like it's applied for all Carly Rae Jepsen albums and it looks so clean but on the other hand there's Nicki Minaj with 3 versions of Pinkprint and Roman Reloaded, 2 of Queen and Pink Friday, all of them being separated into 10 different album instead of just 4  :creep: