crematorium

Eartheater

1 hour ago, venicebitch said:

Too bad because I need an album that sounds like them 😭 

Her upcoming LP Aftermath will be full-on electronic so maybe it will sound like those two songs!

22 hours ago, bluedealer said:

Mona Lisa Moan is so good. The fact that the album cover colours match the actual Mona Lisa painting is just wow :wowcry:

Heels over Head is hot I love it :hooker: this album is satisfying

I need a heels over head / mona lisa moan double mv right now

treyreloaded-exactly-and-i-told-her.gif

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

On 9/20/2023 at 5:25 PM, bluedealer said:

Mona Lisa Moan is so good. The fact that the album cover colours match the actual Mona Lisa painting is just wow :wowcry:

Heels over Head is hot I love it :hooker: this album is satisfying

omg not the only two songs I still don't really get...

Okay these are my initial thoughts. I'm still processing the album; this year I'm in my "it's growing on me" era, other years I'm more instant with music.

First of all, I was expecting a full-on electronic record (before she dropped the lead single), in the vein of Trinity/Scripture but harder. It seems that that was her original idea, but Alexandria stated that the songs from Powders "found her" and came to her unexpectedly.

I'm actually surprised she pulled off this trip hop/psychedelic sound so well. When I heard Crushing, I immediately thought of Tame Impala but more alternative. Crushing is an incredible track, the lyrics are so poetic and thought out. Sugarcane Switch is absolutely monumental, a masterpiece of a song and probably her best opener ever. The flutes, strings, lyrics, beats, vocals, everything is intense and transcendental. This is the vibe I like the most from her. The composition on Face In the Moon is brilliant, although the lyrics are questionable, in my opinion.

Clean Break had to grow on me, but it finally hit, especially with the production. It's very complex yet easy-listening. Still not sure about the lyrics though. Chop Suey is an awesome cover. Heels Over Head is easily my least favorite from the album, it reminds me of Pearl Driver, which is my least favorite from Trinity. Mona Lisa Moan had to grow on me, but wow, it's actually incredible. The production mixed with her vocals, it's all so sensual and genuine. The "vacuum" part is a highlight of the album, and also the bridge and final chorus. The lyrics are brilliant.

Pure Smile Snake Venom is obviously one of her best songs ever. Everything is perfect. Lyrics are genius, amazing vocals showcasing her range, technique and abilities; how the genres switch and slowly mutate towards the end; structure, production, energy. It's phenomenal. The heavenly background vocal ("Ahhh...") between "Pure smile to soothe" and "Us into the future" is my favorite part of the song. I like Salt of the Earth; it serves more as an outro, rather than a song; I would've loved it to be a full song, although it was probably going to be way too similar to Faith Consuming Hope (one of her best songs).

Generally I really liked it; I still don't love it, because I want to take more time with it. The "swampcore" imagery was brilliantly translated into the music. Everything is muddy and green and creepy mermaid-like. It's easy listening but in some ways demanding, because everything is so low-frequency and you might miss a lot of it if you don't pay attention.

Right now I'd rank it as her third or fourth best album. It's probably an 8.

@prettywhenimhigh @bluedealer @TrashMagiq @venicebitch

2 hours ago, PARADIXO said:

Okay these are my initial thoughts. I'm still processing the album; this year I'm in my "it's growing on me" era, others years I'm more instant with music.

First of all, I was expecting a full-on electronic record (before she dropped the lead single), in the vein of Trinity/Scripture but harder. It seems that that was her original idea, but Alexandria stated that the songs from Powders "found her" and came to her unexpectedly.

I'm actually surprised she pulled off this trip hop/psychedelic sound so well. When I heard Crushing, I immediately thought of Tame Impala but more alternative. Crushing is an incredible track, the lyrics are so poetic and thought out. Sugarcane Switch is absolutely monumental, a masterpiece of a song and probably her best opener ever. The flutes, strings, lyrics, beats, vocals, everything is intense and transcendental. This is the vibe I like the most from her. The composition on Face In the Moon is brilliant, although the lyrics are questionable, in my opinion.

Clean Break had to grow on me, but it finally hit, especially with the production. It's very complex yet easy-listening. Still not sure about the lyrics though. Chop Suey is an awesome cover. Heels Over Head is easily my least favorite from the album, it reminds me of Pearl Driver, which is my least favorite from Trinity. Mona Lisa Moan had to grow on me, but wow, it's actually incredible. The production mixed with her vocals, it's all so sensual and genuine. The "vacuum" part is a highlight of the album, and also the bridge and final chorus. The lyrics are brilliant.

Pure Smile Snake Venom is obviously one of her best songs ever. Everything is perfect. Lyrics are genius, amazing vocals showcasing her range, technique and abilities; how the genres switch and slowly mutate towards the end; structure, production, energy. It's phenomenal. The heavenly background vocal ("Ahhh...") between "Pure smile to soothe" and "Us into the future" is my favorite part of the song. I like Salt of the Earth; it serves more as an outro, rather than a song; I would've loved it to be a full song, although it was probably going to be way too similar to Faith Consuming Hope (one of her best songs).

Generally I really liked it; I still don't love it, because I want to take more time with it. The "swampcore" imagery was brilliantly translated into the music. Everything is muddy and green and creepy mermaid-like. It's easy listening but in some ways demanding, because everything is so low-frequency and you might miss a lot of it if you don't pay attention.

Right now I'd rank it as her third or fourth best album. It's probably an 8.

@prettywhenimhigh @bluedealer @TrashMagiq @venicebitch

I was waiting for your opinions lol and I agree with everything except I love heels over head and I'd give this album a solid 9.

honestly, it could be a 10 if it was as mind blowing as phoenix was for me the first time I heard it. but nonetheless she did it again, it's a brilliant album, cohesive and smooth (as always) and I can see it capturing new fans

crushing's lyrics and music video are by far one of the best things she's ever done, like that song is SO CLEVER and the fucking visuals... I'm still shook

anyways my top 5 so far:

sugarcane switch

crushing

pure smile snake venom

mona lisa moan

face in the moon

it's definitely a grower type of album if you didn't fall in love with it instantly. I can't wait for aftermath, we're gonna bop our bussies so hard to that one :gurl: 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

@PARADIXO @prettywhenimhigh I'm glad you liked it :flutter: I agree with you mostly.

It's definitely a grower, after that interview I expected it to be more sad, like Phoenix.

Sugarcane is one of the best song I've heard this year. Monumental as you said :wowcry:

Crushing is the biggest surprise of this album for me. Never imagined her in this kind of production but this is amazing. Tbh I kinda wish LDRX would sound like this :gasp: it gives me Dealer x Ocean Blvd vibes

At first I was disappointed hearing Clean brake, because I listened to live version of it on YouTube and thought it's going to be more like How To Fight. Now I love it.

Speaking of Heels Over Head it is so good I love this song. It feels like it's going nowhere but that's the point for me.. like 'come for me' edging queen. I love the 'Somersaulting' it's sexy :hooker: 

Loove the tempo of Mona Lisa Moan and the backing vocals it really feels like being absorbed into the vacuume.

Pure Smile Venom is one of my fav song this year, everything about it is just perfect. 

I expected a little bit more from Salt of the Earth but still a great song.

Overall 9/10, the production is top shelf, her vocals are smooth. Definitely unexpected but I'm pleasantly surprised :flutter: 

I read someone's theory that her last albums represent each element. Trinity = water, Phoenix = fire, Powders = earth. Even the album covers and the small samples of dripping water or sparks perviously, and now the drums as hard as the solid/earth. If this is true then Aftermath is going to be 'the air'

2 minutes ago, bluedealer said:

I read someone's theory that her last album's represent each element. Trinity = water, Phoenix = fire, Powders = earth. Even the album covers and the small samples of dripping water or sparks perviously, and now the drums as hard as the solid/earth. If this is true then Aftermath is going to be 'the air'

right I read the same thing a while ago and I thought IRISIRI was the earth album and powders was gonna be air because of scripture, but I guess she started this element thing with trinity. if aftermath is in the vein of scripture it will be the air album

I can't waittt I hope she'll drop it right away in january :angie:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

"You're the wave crushing the shells into sand
You're the flame melting sand into glass
You're the glass holding the wine
You're the wine making me drunk
You're the drunk telling me lies
You're the lies that come to light
You're the light that I turn on

[...]

You're the turn on that I can't refuse
You're the fuse that dеtonates my body
You're the body that blows my mind
You'rе the mind that stays open
You're the opening of a shell
You're the shell that has a pearl"

These lyrics are mindblowing. Her sense of sensuality is insane.

Okay I thought the album was mindblowing but I was still waiting for it to emotionally click with me... and it did last night omg we were smoking weed with my boyfriend, sitting on the couch, discussing Eartheater's career and then put on the album while reading the lyrics. DAMN. She made such a detailed, immersive sonic experience with this album; like she always does, but I feel like this one requires even more attention due to ALL the details. Her voice is just phenomenal and addictive, she's genuine and her lyrics are genius. The fact that she's a grown woman (she's 34) helps a lot in the confidence and sensuality she emanates. Her music is hypnotizing, she's a swamp mermaid. I'm in love with what she gave us with this album... the psychedelic and textured trip hop to all the amazing work with beats, percussion and SFX... the fucking strings and wind instuments... the mixing benefiting all the low frequencies... An absolute piece of art.

Thank you Alexandria.

Also I would like to add more of a personal comment. I connect with her in so so many ways. The main reason why I fell in love with her back in 2020 (beside the music itself) is that she seems to be so so spiritually and physically connected to nature and the world and the elements, and I feel exactly this way. All of my music references or is themed around natural phenomenoms, the elements, animals, wide open spaces, and I love to use scientific words into songs. She's a master in all of this and truly translates her visual world into the music and production. She's a step ahead in the experimental world and imho she's in her way to become one of the most impotant names ever in electronic/experimental music.

9 hours ago, Fetiche said:

it deserves a fucking oscar

On 9/22/2023 at 6:37 PM, PARADIXO said:

"You're the wave crushing the shells into sand
You're the flame melting sand into glass
You're the glass holding the wine
You're the wine making me drunk
You're the drunk telling me lies
You're the lies that come to light
You're the light that I turn on

[...]

You're the turn on that I can't refuse
You're the fuse that dеtonates my body
You're the body that blows my mind
You'rе the mind that stays open
You're the opening of a shell
You're the shell that has a pearl"

These lyrics are mindblowing. Her sense of sensuality is insane.

she has a titanium mind fr

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg