paradisetropico

Haley McCallum-Bonar to release a rework of “Eat for Free” featuring Lana Del Rey

10 minutes ago, paradisetropico said:

OKAY WTF... Haley Bonar is reworking her song "Eat for Free" with Lana & teased it in her instagram story. sorry this is the wrong thread but lana sounds so good ??

are we sure that's lana singing in this snippet? maybe i'm just overthinking it, but it's beautiful either way

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

3 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

are we sure that's lana singing in this snippet? maybe i'm just overthinking it, but it's beautiful either way

she tagged Lana in it, & it sounds exactly like Lana,   almost like Lana we've rarely heard her sing that intimately.. at least since "Wait For Life" song she did with Emile Hayne 

6 minutes ago, paradisetropico said:

she tagged Lana in it, & it sounds exactly like Lana,   almost like Lana we've rarely heard her sing that intimately.. at least since "Wait For Life" song she did with Emile Hayne 

it's such a beautiful snippet, i really hope we'll get to hear it eventually :krylie:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

Is this related to Lana's cover of Joni Mitchell's For Free? I feel like Lana wouldn't put out a cover of "For Free" and in the same era feature on a song called "Eat for Free". Maybe she would, but it's just too similar and it would be weird and confusing. My theory is that the snippet and the Joni Mitchell cover are actually the same song, the album track "For Free". The song will interpolate some of the lyrics and melodies of the Joni Mitchell song, but it will only be 50%  cover and will also have some original lyrics and melodies.

2 hours ago, paradisetropico said:

OKAY WTF... Haley Bonar is reworking her song "Eat for Free" with Lana & teased it in her instagram story. sorry this is the wrong thread but lana sounds so good ??

Oh my god this is IT :defeated:

so good wtf 

1 hour ago, lifeisavelvetcrowbar said:

Is this related to Lana's cover of Joni Mitchell's For Free? I feel like Lana wouldn't put out a cover of "For Free" and in the same era feature on a song called "Eat for Free". Maybe she would, but it's just too similar and it would be weird and confusing. My theory is that the snippet and the Joni Mitchell cover are actually the same song, the album track "For Free". The song will interpolate some of the lyrics and melodies of the Joni Mitchell song, but it will only be 50%  cover and will also have some original lyrics and melodies.

I mean it has to be, cause she sang "For Free" on The Norman Fucking Rockwell Tour with Weyes Blood and Zella Day and their names are in the credits for background vocals so that cannot be a coincidence, it is the Joni Mitchell song, yeah it might be 50% cover and it'll include original lyrics and melodies because she always added her own touch to covers  so that's that

lights, camera, acción

1 minute ago, youngnwildx said:

I mean it has to be, cause she sang "For Free" on The Norman Fucking Rockwell Tour with Weyes Blood and Zella Day and their names are in the credits for background vocals so that cannot be a coincidence, it is the Joni Mitchell song, yeah it might be 50% cover and it'll include original lyrics and melodies because she always added her own touch to covers  so that's that

What if the covers album is coming too? And that’ll be a surprise release? :oprah:

3 hours ago, paradisetropico said:

:wub::wowcry:

That's all I have to say.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

33 minutes ago, Crys10 said:

What if the covers album is coming too? And that’ll be a surprise release? :oprah:

The fact that I just remembered even after chemtrails, we have both the cover album AND behind the iron gates to look forward to:lange:

I split this discussion into a new topic! I’m looking forward to this collab, the version they performed on tour was really lovely.

Heres a little rehearsal video they did that will be a good idea of what the track will sound like -

Lana also sang a bit solo on IG and the song suits her voice so nicely -

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

100% the best song she performed with someone on the NFR tour; her and Haley's voices go together so well this song is gonna be so good :oprah: I haven't stopped listening to Haley's version since they sang it im so excited :party:

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

14 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

Get free, eat for free, for free, we're gonna get free free free free free :justride2:

Can't wait

In fact, it's been expensive a lot. :hide: