Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

I don't think they're acoustic demos, the sessions that we have suggests imo that they were always intended to be acousticy

So do I put them under "The Acoustic Songs" or "Unreleased"? 

I don't know if it's been pointed out before (it probably has) but it seems like Jarrad Rogers wrote two songs called Live or Die... There's another one registered earlier with 'Ina Wroldsen' as a co-writer. Any link between the two?  :oprah3:

I don't know if it's been pointed out before (it probably has) but it seems like Jarrad Rogers wrote two songs called Live or Die... There's another one registered earlier with 'Ina Wroldsen' as a co-writer. Any link between the two?  :oprah3:

we have all those snippets of the alternate live or die now and one of them features different lyrics so that's probably it

Do we have any proof that all of these songs were written for other artists?
tumblr_nivkcli2DN1u95mbpo1_400.png

I figured most of them were, but I think some of these would be false. The only ones I was sure about were Break My Fall, MMITPM & Ghetto Baby.

And do we know which ones they were for? (Besides BMF & GB)

Does anybody remember the full tracklist of the demo album Polydor send to The Guardian with songs like Driving in Cars with Boys, Gangster Boy and so on before VG came out?

I can't find the article that listed a couple other titles, but I'm almost 100% positive Paris and Puppy Love were on the demo album.

I can't find the article that listed a couple other titles, but I'm almost 100% positive Paris and Puppy Love were on the demo album.

Yeah, I think is almost the same as the God Bless America Mixtape but I just want to be sure

Does anybody remember the full tracklist of the demo album Polydor send to The Guardian with songs like Driving in Cars with Boys, Gangster Boy and so on before VG came out?

This has been asked and answered numerous time ( :groundhog: ) but here it is again:

This is the tracklist of the sampler:

National Anthem (Nexus/Justin Parker)

Born to Die (Emile Haynie)

Live or Die (Jaz Rogers)

Hey Lolita Hey (Liam Howe)

Million Dollar Man (Chris Braide)

Video Games (Justin Parker/Robopop)

Paris (Guy Chambers/Liam Howe)

Puppy Love (Justin Parker)

Driving in Cars With Boys (Nexus)

This is What Makes Us Girls (Tim Larcombe)

Hundred Dollar Bill (Jayson Michael)

Are You Ready? (Eg White)

Diet Mountain Dew (Alexis Smith/Crispin Hunt/Mike Daly)

You Can Be The Boss (Alexis Smith)

Kinda Outta Luck (Alexis Smith)

Carmen (Justin Parker)

Put the Radio On (Biff Stannard)

Blue Jeans (Emile Haynie)

I saved it from ldr.fm

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

i believe it's ooh baby, not 100% sure though

iirc it was registered with different producers to Ooh Baby, but it could just be the same song with different production (like the 2 versions of Big Bad Wolf)

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I don't know if there was already this question, but I'm sad and mad because the videos for Trash Magic, Pin- Up Galore, Disco and Get Drunk disappeared from Youtube into the abyss. :suicide:  They were not as glorious as few official, high-production videos for BTD era, but they had that specific dark charisma and elegiac, morbid charm. Actually, they were irresistible. I'm not sure if Lana was the author of those video collages (I think it was fan-made), except for Maya Deren's „Meshes of the Afternoon“ sticked with Get Drunk (which worked perfectly, as morose, moody suspense). I miss them already because I liked to stare at the visuals while listening to those songs, because they made them more atmospheric and each video dragged me even deeper into the whirlpool magic of the song, and now I have only trite text on white screen (I mean, lyrics are not trite, but the whole conception, cause it kills the mood :pft: :sadcore3: ). Did anybody downloaded those videos (if that is possible, sorry for my ignorance) and if he/she did, can it be returned, or can I find it elsewhere? :pray2:

tumblr_nbg6blFb0d1trud11o2_250.gif1e5408c919ff19d8ea5d8b3240bf67ed.jpggiphy.gif

I know we have 3 versions of Dum Dum but which is which lol

version 1 - 3:01 (starts with "once you've had something")

version 2 - 4:06 (starts with "I'm a wild child")

version 3 - 4:11 (starts with "I'm a wild child")

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Hey,

not sure if this is the right area to post, but here goes... I really want to write lana some 'fan mail', mainly a thank you letter, as her music has helped me through one of the darkest bleakest times in my life. Does anyone know where I'd send it to? After searching the address I'm getting is next model mgmt? x