Monicker

Minor General Questions that Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

oh ok

"LANA DEL REY: "When I was young, I had a tree house and in order to get to the top of it, me and my sister had to climb up a satin Christmas ribbon. One day, on my way up the ribbon snapped and I fell 15 feet on to a fire pit. I broke my ribs and never told anyone except my mother. Last year I stopped into a Unitarian church and and a man came up to me out of the blue and told me he was a clairvoyant and that the reason why I had a shallow, breathy voice was because I had fallen out of a tree house 15 years ago. I still can't get over how strange it is that he knew that."" Source: http://style.mtv.com/2012/02/09/lana-del-rey-lovecat/

I think this inspired the LFL video

this is probably a dumb question but what is the point of registering songs.. like why does Lana only have some songs registered and others not I guess is what I'm asking. does it mean she kind of puts copyrights on it or something or it reserves it for her so no one else can use it?? or is it just a way to keep track of things? cuz she also has songs registered that aren't released so I'm just confused lol

UbsOye5.png

Does anyone know about the versions of "Trash Magic"? I was pretty sure there was just a demo version and like the regular standard version (plus the fan-made "The Man I Love" version), but I've seen one of the versions (the shorter one I think?) referred to as "Trash Magic (Edit)". Is the edit the same as the demo? Also, I thought that "Trash", "Trash Magic", and "Trash Sugar Magic" were all just alt. titles like "Miss America", but sometimes I see one version labeled "Trash" or "Trash Magic", while the other is labeled "Trash Sugar Magic". Is that just a preference or a common way to distinguish between the two versions, or do they actually have different names (like Hollywood Movie/Daytona Meth)?

Also does Heavy Hitter have one or two versions? Not including the concept/instrumental beat

Is there a West Coast single version? Not the acoustic demo, but someone on YouTube said there is a single version with another guitar element in the chorus with more background vocals than the album version.

If that's correct where can I hear them both to compare them?

Is there a West Coast single version? Not the acoustic demo, but someone on YouTube said there is a single version with another guitar element in the chorus with more background vocals than the album version.

If that's correct where can I hear them both to compare them?

listen to the music video vs the audio on her VEVO. Listen closely right before the chorus where she says "Your love x3"

Have you bought Lust for Life on iTunes today?

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Has anybody figured out wtf she says in the "Cherry" bridge yet?

I think the general consensus is she's definitely audibly saying,

can i get a fuckin hallelujah,

looking at me like (leopard skin/rose garden/jaguar)?

sippin on you like a coca cola

looking at me like (leopard skin/rose garden/jaguar)?

i'm pretty positive on everything but the italics

leopard skin sounds the closest but maybe not the exact words...i feel like i can hear skin for sure

the rest of it is pretty audible

i wish she would sing the background vocals and overlay the chorus live. i feel like it would sound great and we'd finally figure it out for sure

As we all know Lana describes her albums with her own unique genres. I can only remember the following

AKA- “surf noir”

Born To Die- “Hollywood sadcore”

Paradise- ?

UV- ?

Honeymoon- ?

Lust For Life- “retro sensibility with a futuristic flair”

Someone fill in the blanks for me??

Has anybody figured out wtf she says in the "Cherry" bridge yet?

Can I get a fuckin' hallelujah?

Lookin' at me like a rose garden

Can I get a fuckin' hallelujah?

Sippin' on ya like a Coca-Cola

(x2)

I think that's what it is.