honestly i really like both interpretations

The correct line is: "you're so alive back in the countryside"

I like both interpretations too though x

8 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

in trash magic it is

Spoiler

used to go to the confer-een-yunce

just like the men in music business conference 

The kicker is, in the live version you can see and hear more clearly that the word starts with a "P" which also negates the "Comfort Inn" theory.

Aside from asking her herself, I really wish one of the other live performance videos would surface such as the one from The National Underground, because we know it exists. That would be incredibly helpful x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

In ancient Roman religion, Feronia was a goddess associated with wildlife, fertility, health, and abundance. As the goddess who granted freedom to slaves or civil rights to the most humble part of society, she was especially honored among plebeians and freedmen.  @Elle :true:

Used to go to the Palm Feronia makes sense… but buying cherry pie there? :bebe: This will bother me until i d word

45 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

In ancient Roman religion, Feronia was a goddess associated with wildlife, fertility, health, and abundance. As the goddess who granted freedom to slaves or civil rights to the most humble part of society, she was especially honored among plebeians and freedmen.  @Elle :true:

Used to go to the Palm Feronia makes sense… but buying cherry pie there? :bebe: This will bother me until i d word

Interestingly enough, there is a skincare line called Palm of Feronia.. :tina: but it was founded in 2019 x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I think Lana says two different things in the actual Trash Magic and the live version. It wouldn't be surprising since Lana's known for doing it, and she does it a bit at other points in this performance (changing "I long to be in your arms, honey" to "I long to be in your arms, sugar"). I'm pretty sure the song itself says "comfort inn", but in the live version it sounds like she's saying it but with a p at the start or something. 

imageproxy.jpg

during the shades of cool bridge i always change the lyrics to what i want like instead of neglectful lover i say "abusive fucker" is one I always like adding in when i'm singing in my bedroom even though i know that's not what she's saying lmao

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I still do not hear her saying "I was so wrong not to doubt, your Medellín, tangerine dreams" in Salvatore. Like I don't care that it's in Genius or AzLyrics or LanaWiki, I just don't hear it!

Ever since I heard this song I have heard this part as "I was so wrong not to tell, I'm in regine, tangerine dreams". Like I have heard the song with headphones, full volume million times and I still hear her saying "regine", I can literally hear her saying the "re" part. Many other people have heard that too. But what the fuck means "being in regine" though?

So...which lyric is the right one? I need answers...

cover4-new-1200x768-jpeg.jpg

On 4/10/2022 at 11:54 PM, 111 said:

imma be going thru this thread but lmk if y'all need anything 

Can you please help us, do you have any info about those lyrics, Squidward @111

:squidward:

url%5D

6 minutes ago, Embach said:

I still do not hear her saying "I was so wrong not to doubt, your Medellín, tangerine dreams" in Salvatore. Like I don't care that it's in Genius or AzLyrics or LanaWiki, I just don't hear it!

Ever since I heard this song I have heard this part as "I was so wrong not to tell, I'm in regine, tangerine dreams". Like I have heard the song with headphones, full volume million times and I still hear her saying "regine", I can literally hear her saying the "re" part. Many other people have heard that too. But what the fuck means "being in regine" though?

I think this is the one Lana line that I will never get what she says. It's a mystery forever.

Your Medellín is super random, makes no sense with the song itself. One theory for it is that the song is Italian mafia-themed, mentions Miami which is popular for its history with drugs and also apparently mentions Medellín, a Colombian city, and we know Colombian history with drugs too. She also says "all the Colombians" in Florida Kilos, which is about cocaine. That would be problematic lol.

In white mustang, there is a lyric I'm wondering about, " and you would get in the back of the,.. it kinda hit me like lighting".  

What do you believe she is singing there? 

5 minutes ago, Rivers said:

In white mustang, there is a lyric I'm wondering about, " and you would get in the back of the,.. it kinda hit me like lighting".  

What do you believe she is singing there? 

"And you were getting a part of that, you're gonna hit me like lightning".

url%5D

32 minutes ago, Embach said:

22 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

I think this is the one Lana line that I will never get what she says. It's a mystery forever.

Your Medellín is super random, makes no sense with the song itself. One theory for it is that the song is Italian mafia-themed, mentions Miami which is popular for its history with drugs and also apparently mentions Medellín, a Colombian city, and we know Colombian history with drugs too. She also says "all the Colombians" in Florida Kilos, which is about cocaine. That would be problematic lol.

lana herself told that line to me in DMs, since it's coming from her mouth there's not much to discuss lol 

definitely a drug reference and she kinda mumbles over the word "doubt" that's why it's hard to hear i'll give you that Embach, but how can you not hear that she says "your" and it's one word not two words 

On 8/4/2022 at 12:41 AM, Elle said:

The correct line is: "you're so alive back in the countryside"

I like both interpretations too though x

The kicker is, in the live version you can see and hear more clearly that the word starts with a "P" which also negates the "Comfort Inn" theory.

Aside from asking her herself, I really wish one of the other live performance videos would surface such as the one from The National Underground, because we know it exists. That would be incredibly helpful x

what.. 

my interpretation has always been "you saw a light, back in the countryside" ...

47 minutes ago, 111 said:

lana herself told that line to me in DMs, since it's coming from her mouth there's not much to discuss lol 

definitely a drug reference and she kinda mumbles over the word "doubt" that's why it's hard to hear i'll give you that Embach, but how can you not hear that she says "your" and it's one word not two words 

Oh, okay, thank you for explaining! 

I tried to hear the "your" part but I guess I used to read the wrong lyrics too much that I got stuck in "I'm in" wrong lyric

url%5D

1 hour ago, Embach said:

OMG SAME I was like huh?? when I checked the spotify lyrics. I will look into it more and come back

13 minutes ago, Embach said:

I tried to hear the "your" part but I guess I used to read the wrong lyrics too much that I got stuck in "I'm in" wrong lyric

just saw this lol

J7ydenn Lana Del Rey GIF - J7ydenn Lana Del Rey Honeymoon - Discover &  Share GIFs

dreaming away your life

I always thought her diction was really clear prior to LFL tbh bar brilliant erection in Bel Air.

especially compared to other alt female songwriters like Tori Amos(Esp) because I cannot understand one song throughout  and Bjork who can sometimes say words differently.

21 minutes ago, Embach said:

i guess her pronounciation of medellin is also throwing you off? cause what you hear as the "-re" part is actually the "-de" in medellin

she pronounces it in the second (highlighted) way. i hope that helps lol she never sang it live fully sadly. you could try recording that bit and changing the tempo, speed, pitch etc. with software to see if that helps you hear it more clearly. i do that sometimes with some of her lyrics

5 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

I always thought her diction was really clear prior to LFL tbh bar brilliant erection in Bel Air.

especially compared to other alt female songwriters like Tori Amos(Esp) because I cannot understand one song throughout  and Bjork who can sometimes say words differently.

she started singing behind a piece of paper and doing weird shit honestly I think she wanted to be heard less clearly, so less commotion would be drawn up if she addressed something taboo ever again