americangothic

Lana's diction and incomprehensible lyrics

1 hour ago, Rivers said:

In white mustang, there is a lyric I'm wondering about, " and you would get in the back of the,.. it kinda hit me like lighting".  

What do you believe she is singing there? 

1 hour ago, Embach said:

"And you were getting a part of that, you're gonna hit me like lightning".

I’m pretty sure she says “and you were getting up out of there” to mean leaving!  

36 minutes ago, 111 said:

i guess her pronounciation of medellin is also throwing you off? cause what you hear as the "-re" part is actually the "-de" in medellin

she pronounces it in the second (highlighted) way. i hope that helps lol she never sang it live fully sadly. you could try recording that bit and changing the tempo, speed, pitch etc. with software to see if that helps you hear it more clearly. i do that sometimes with some of her lyrics

That's actually very interesting and great aspect! Now I understand the pronunciation thing better! Thank you again, Squiddy :squidward:

url%5D

1 hour ago, Veinsineon said:

she started singing behind a piece of paper and doing weird shit honestly I think she wanted to be heard less clearly, so less commotion would be drawn up if she addressed something taboo ever again

Yes I remember the paper technique videos :lmao: like wtaf did that serve her 

I still feel white mustang says what I believe it says. 

I have special reasons why I believe that. 

She mentions rockets and nuclear weapons when discussing white mustang, so I believe it has to do with something she saw then. 

not sure whether she says "lose it" or "music" in the last line of the second verse in coachella, but i always laugh cuz it sounds like she's say moozic

edit: looked it up and she does say lose it, which definitely makes more sense but i will still always hear moozic :air:

violets in your eyes

2 hours ago, 111 said:

miss incomprehensible queen, salvatore isn't the worst of her offences sadly 

music to watch boys to will forever be that girl <3 

I still don’t know what she says in TJF that sounds like “don’t be afraid of our love”

whatarecoloris.jpg

6 hours ago, 111 said:

miss incomprehensible queen, salvatore isn't the worst of her offences sadly 

music to watch boys to will forever be that girl <3 

i refuse to believe it’s “with ribbon in knots” instead of “blue ribbons on ice” because that’s what i’ve been singing forever, and to me it makes more sense for the scene 😭 like you got music on and you’re watching boys while you have some  beer in a cooler beside you. 

plus i just found out one of the lines is “hoes with lies akin to me” last year. i didn’t understand what she was saying in the first place but never thought she was singing hoes.

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

16 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:

i refuse to believe it’s “with ribbon in knots” instead of “blue ribbons on ice” because that’s what i’ve been singing forever, and to me it makes more sense for the scene 😭 like you got music on and you’re watching boys while you have some  beer in a cooler beside you. 

plus i just found out one of the lines is “hoes with lies akin to me” last year. i didn’t understand what she was saying in the first place but never thought she was singing hoes.

"with ribbons and knots" goes along with "so i do what you want"

also, if you watch some live performances, she does a hand/arm gesture that goes along with it

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

Controversial opinion maybe, but i think a lot of lanas “misheard” lyrics are made to sound that way on purpose. Mother loves wordplay, i wouldn't be surprised if there are some intentional double meanings in her lyrics. “White mustang” sounding like “why am i staying?” is the first one that comes to mind.

6 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

It’s what you just said 😭

@111 said like 2 years ago it’s not “don’t be afraid of our love”

personally I’ve always heard “don’t be afraid of our lord”

"Don’t forget me"

On 8/3/2022 at 9:55 AM, lili said:

I can’t be the person to answer your question once and for all since I’m not even a native speaker, but I, too, got caught up in it last night and after watching some live performances, I’m convinced she sings:

“White lines, pretty daddy, gold skin,

You snort it like a champ, let the winter winter in”

I hear it like this consistently in different live performances,  so I don’t think it’s a lyric change for the day

edit: maybe this would help, too

Another edit: I’m 100% sure now that’s what she says. It’s very clear here.

Isn’t it “love the winter we're not in”?

It makes sense, cause snow is a synonym for cocaine and winter kinda doesn’t exist in Florida, or at least Miami. So, the winter she talks about is the cocaine snorting.

5 hours ago, cherrytropico said:

4:04 (with my ribbons and knots yeah)

3:25 (with your ribbons and your knots yeah yeah)

i hope that helps <3

3 hours ago, NikoGo said:

@111 said like 2 years ago it’s not “don’t be afraid of our love”

personally I’ve always heard “don’t be afraid of our lord”

i had hearing problems that day

In The Blackest Day, there has always been a debate whether the line is:

"It's not easy for me to talk about, I have heavy heartstrings"

Or

"It's not easy for me to talk about, a half-life in lost dreams"

For me, I have always heard the "I have heavy heartstrings part", that's coming from someone who has listened to that song with full volume with headphones for hours. I have never heard "a half-life in lost dreams" and it doesn't really make sense either, what the heck does it even mean?

url%5D

9 minutes ago, Embach said:

In The Blackest Day, there has always been a debate whether the line is:

"It's not easy for me to talk about, I have heavy heartstrings"

Or

"It's not easy for me to talk about, a half-life in lost dreams"

For me, I have always heard the "I have heavy heartstrings part", that's coming from someone who has listened to that song with full volume with headphones for hours. I have never heard "a half-life in lost dreams" and it doesn't really make sense either, what the heck does it even mean?

this hasn't been a debate since 2015 queen <3 

Just now, 111 said:

this hasn't been a debate since 2015 queen <3 

:oprah2: 

But...what's the right answer then? I remember everybody in instagram were arguing about it in 2018

url%5D

it's "white noise coming all in my brain" in kunty necklace btw (not out of my brain) 

13 minutes ago, Embach said:

:oprah2: 

But...what's the right answer then? I remember everybody in instagram were arguing about it in 2018

Spoiler

FsyTk1_aQAEUM02.jpg:large

46 minutes ago, 111 said:

it's "white noise coming all in my brain" in kunty necklace btw (not out of my brain) 

Reveal hidden contents

FsyTk1_aQAEUM02.jpg:large

Your doctor era :ma:

url%5D