Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

6 minutes ago, Miss Doing Nothing said:

this seems to always happen. At first they want her to just put out the album and then they make a whole other plan, because she can put more effort into it by making music videos etc. 

I understand that this time at first it wasn’t  possible to make videos for the album and UMG was clueless about what to do with the album once it was finished, but it’s a bit disturbing to always experience this as a Lana fan

I get that. She announced the date 4 months ago and at the time I think she thought because of Covid her promo strategies and resources would’ve been limited so it was going to be a quieter release, but things are ever-changing lately so I think she saw an opportunity to do the album cycle the way she would’ve wanted to if there was no pandemic and took advantage of it - which I’m beyond happy about! :) 

16 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

So I just talked to a rep from Qobuz like some of us already did on here, but they told me this time that UMG actually told them that 9/5 was the date but then they revoked that and issued an official TBD - we already knew this but I don’t think it was ever clarified that both of those pieces of information were directly from UMG and not just logical conclusions. 

So I guess that means that they are still deciding on the date, and that’s why Lana hasn’t given us a new one and hence, said it’s “coming soon” - because UMG giving retailers an actual date isn’t necessarily classified information, it’s protocol for them to notify retailers in advance so they know when to expect physical shipments or the digital files - but it seems at the moment that UMG themselves don’t know (or they’ve tentatively decided on a date and just haven’t shared it with anyone). 

I also asked about LMLYLAW and they said that they also received a TBD about the single, which means that they’ve been notified about the single but haven’t received a date. 

I’m assuming they’re working out the dates for those and then once everything is lined up, we’ll know something. I asked Qobuz to notify me every time they hear something from UMG about Lana and they said they would, so hopefully it won’t be long before we get some news! 

the way we epically lost:crai:

tumblr_m8euyeT3r41rqzt90o1_500.gif

1 minute ago, crazyforme said:

the way we epically lost:crai:

It’s okay! Now we can really savour the pre-release and get some more album-related activity compared to what we would’ve gotten if the album just dropped with no formal build-up!

Just now, IanadeIrey said:

It’s okay! Now we can really savour the pre-release and get some more album-related activity compared to what we would’ve gotten if the album just dropped with no formal build-up!

you're the most optimistic person i think i've ever met <3 and you get my hopes up that somedy we'll get the COCC :defeated:

tumblr_m8euyeT3r41rqzt90o1_500.gif

5 minutes ago, NME040920 said:

Early 2021 the album.

God bless and fuck off

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Just now, crazyforme said:

you're the most optimistic person i think i've ever met <3 and you get my hopes up that somedy we'll get the COCC :defeated:

Aw! That’s sweet, thank you <3 and we will get the album, as long as we remind ourselves it’s coming regardless of the date, the wait is all the more worth it! 

Does Lana just not read her comments? :um2: Why doesn't she clarify new information to fans? This has happened with her past few album releases. So many false release dates. Even so, it's not hard to just tweet that it isn't coming on September 5th anymore.

I'm not that mad because I wasn't expecting the album tonight but it just makes me wonder.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Just now, Doll Harlow said:

Does Lana just not read her comments? :um2: Why doesn't she clarify new information to fans? This has happened with her past few album releases. So many false release dates. Even so, it's not hard to just tweet that it isn't coming on September 5th anymore.

I'm not that mad because I wasn't expecting the album tonight but it just makes me wonder.

Does she even read the comments?

0YnL0Kf.gif