Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

3 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I love NFR, the songs are great and it's easy to listen but it's true that the lyrics were too safe (even with all the fucks and bitches in the titles/lyrics) and other than the masterpiece that is Venice Bitch, the production was not that interesting either.

I think the IG post happened because she was writing for COCC and the lyrics were more "provocative" or "controversial" and she got frustrated thinking how they were going to criticize her again even if that were her true feelings so she wanted to make a statement. 

I think she said somewhere that when she was writing Ultraviolence, she wrote it as if it was her diary and had nobody telling her things were too explicit, etc.. and she barely changed anything. When she says she's going back to her roots, I take it to mean she's going back to that style of writing and I'm so excited

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

I mean if we’re just talking money amounts etc she’s always been able to live a fully comfortable lifestyle and been “rich” since birth but the whole trailer park broke as fuck era was part of her persona building idk :facepalm::smokes3:

back on topic I just really really REALLY hope there’s other producers besides jack somewhere on the album... I’d love for like 2 or 3 but I know that’s just not realistic

5.11.14 // 9.20.14 // 6.11.15 // 6.13.15 // 6.14.15 // 1.26.18 // 9.21.19

1 minute ago, JamiDelRey said:

I mean if we’re just talking money amounts etc she’s always been able to live a fully comfortable lifestyle and been “rich” since birth but the whole trailer park broke as fuck era was part of her persona building idk :facepalm::smokes3:

back on topic I just really really REALLY hope there’s other producers besides jack somewhere on the album... I’d love for like 2 or 3 but I know that’s just not realistic

idk I don't think she was persona building I think she was estranged from her parents for a while and it was either live in a trailer park or go back to her parents and she chose trailer park.

ehh I’ve always thought yes her parents/family was rich but she left home and they didn’t support her in NY too much. maybe if she was in big money trouble but not day to day expense. hence the excitement when she got her own place (trailer park), hence her couch surfing, hence the $15k credit card debt she talked about a while ago 

i do believe she struggled for a while in NY 

I really hope for Rick or Emile to be on this record :icant: I know it's even less likely but I'd also love to have some tracks produced by Tim Larcombe  :crying4:.

It's probably going to be all Antonoff because on NFR the only tracks that were not with him were older tracks (and FIILY/Doin' Time that were last minute additions)

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, 99centlips said:

ehh I’ve always thought yes her parents/family was rich but she left home and they didn’t support her in NY too much. maybe if she was in big money trouble but not day to day expense. hence the excitement when she got her own place (trailer park), hence her couch surfing, hence the $15k credit card debt she talked about a while ago 

i do believe she struggled for a while in NY 

i agree (my post above urs) but also it's worth pointing out that her dad advertised AKA lizzy grant in magazines and stuff which always throws me off. although, i really like the lyric 'it's the most famous woman you know on the ipad, calling from beyond the grave i just wanted to say "hi dad"'. like, i always took it to mean they had been apart for so long they'd been dead to eachother. it's one of her best lines 

2 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I really hope for Rick or Emile to be on this record 

Emile has moved towards more minimalist production (Florence's latest album) so I pray they work together again one day, since their sounds have both evolved pretty similarly. altho I kind of hated higher than hope so he needs to do better for lana

Just now, VioletBunny said:

i agree (my post above urs) but also it's worth pointing out that her dad advertised AKA lizzy grant in magazines and stuff which always throws me off. although, i really like the lyric 'it's the most famous woman you know on the ipad, calling from beyond the grave i just wanted to say "hi dad"'. like, i always took it to mean they had been apart for so long they'd been dead to eachother. it's one of her best lines 

yup. i think her dad paid for that apartment that her and chuck took pics in and helped her get the rights back to the AKA album and other music stuff

in my opinion, rob did all of that stuff behind patty’s back because she didn’t believe in Lana. also could be why lana have such anonymity towards patty (complete speculation just makes sense to me) 

27 minutes ago, Tomboboy2#0 said:

Agreed to a certain extent. Like Lana herself said in an interview with Pitchfork I believe (I think it was called the Pursue of happiness or something like that) around the time LFL came out, putting out a record without taking into account a number of factors (critical reception, sales, numbers etc) would mean career suicide. So while I do believe Lana makes every effort to be her most sincere and most of the time she manages that beautifully not giving two shits about anything else except her art , she, like most artists at her level of fame, has certain parameters she must abide to. She did that with LFL and it came out uninspired and messy. (When I read that interview I could find no love lost between Lana and LFL ) - she did it again with NFR and imho it was more well-balanced. I will be on cloud 9 if she pulls another vanity project just out of love for her vision, I just hope it feels sincere as BTD, UV, HM and NFR in its own way. ?

You bring up a really good point and I definitely agree about having certain parameters to abide to, and I often hear people say that LFL felt forced or less genuine than previous records, but I personally felt that LFL was just as inspired and as impactful as her previous records and that’s the beautiful thing about music and its subjectivity! I think Lana definitely tapped into a more socially-conscious side of herself with that record out of the depths of her own heart and not entirely due to critical or commercial pressure, and even for NFR, but what you said undeniably holds a lot of merit. I would also love for another vanity project as I feel that’s kind of where the centre of Lana’s heart and soul is grounded. :wub:

I've been thinking this for a while now ever since the title came out but. NFR could really be about her relationship w contemporary fame, even the industry itself. regardless, she needed this album. so of course when we get to cocc, we'd expect her get back to what she wants to say in the "most" of her of ways. 

there was a user earlier today this morning trying to start rumors, lurked frequently apparently, but hasn't been seen. I think it's around the 1120 has anyone confirmed that? bc as shaky as it is, it's the only lead we ever even got. 

FSiy5w3.giftumblr_nv0881L0Od1s4fz4bo1_500.gifVvJr.gif

Y’all, my local target has a digital edition of the album! Do you guys think I should go to the target and then into the stock room and steal it?! I called earlier. They said it has 2 Target exclusive tracks. One of them starts with a Y and it’s one word, but the person didn’t speak very good English so they couldn’t pronounce it!

1 minute ago, VioletBunny said:

Emile has moved towards more minimalist production (Florence's latest album) so I pray they work together again one day, since their sounds have both evolved pretty similarly. altho I kind of hated higher than hope so he needs to do better for lana

I'd take minimalist Emile over minimalist Antonoff any day :smile2:. I feel like I'm the only one who loved High As Hope lol I think the more organic and simple production really made the album more magical (even if my favourite Florence is BIG production Florence)

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, KingJay said:

Y’all, my local target has a digital edition of the album! Do you guys think I should go to the target and then into the stock room and steal it?! I called earlier. They said it has 2 Target exclusive tracks. One of them starts with a Y but the person didn’t speak very good English so they couldn’t pronounce it!

Yo how are you going to steal a digital release? If this is bait I’mma sue 

2 minutes ago, KingJay said:

Y’all, my local target has a digital edition of the album! Do you guys think I should go to the target and then into the stock room and steal it?! I called earlier. They said it has 2 Target exclusive tracks. One of them starts with a Y and it’s one word, but the person didn’t speak very good English so they couldn’t pronounce it!

Of COCC?

0YnL0Kf.gif

7 minutes ago, 99centlips said:

yup. i think her dad paid for that apartment that her and chuck took pics in and helped her get the rights back to the AKA album and other music stuff

in my opinion, rob did all of that stuff behind patty’s back because she didn’t believe in Lana. also could be why lana have such anonymity towards patty (complete speculation just makes sense to me) 

I think it’s really weird to speculate about someone’s life when you literally know nothing about them lol. All you know about her is what she wants you to know, so why perpetuate false theories? It’s creepy. 

2 hours ago, 99centlips said:

i just asked the ebay seller of the interview mag to send me a picture of the inside for Lana’s interview. We will see if he responds...

I’m pretty sure this seller owns a store or works at store that sells magazines cause I’ve bought from him before. 

ok the guy replied and said he couldn't take pictures of the inside because he would have to open up the magazine firmly and it could compromise the integrity of the magazine. I told him idc i'll buy the one you have to open. 

''NFR is missing heavy drums, cinematic strings, melodramatic lyrics and all the stuff I'm used to hearing from Lana music and therefore it can't be her peak. It's boring and watered down and all the love and acclaim it received is contrived and invalid.''

This is the very definition of small-mindedness and attempt to box in an artist. And it's a recurring theme in this thread just like it was in NFR thread.

13 minutes ago, KingJay said:

I thought it was true until I read the Y song thing :icant:

giphy.gif