Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

1 minute ago, honeybadger said:

source.gif

sometimes i wish those guys on YouTube that make music videos without music and just the sounds would do shades of cool just so i can hear the thump on the glass from lanas hand in this gif

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

4 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

i won't be able to figure out DATMIMBC until i hear the song.... but there's like a 50% chance the B is "blue" source.gif

As a stan of lana’s obsession w the word and concept “blue” I am here for it :wink:

aOaIzH2.gif

5 hours ago, RormanNockwell said:

Lorde literally said that that was the reason, but k

Neat info, but that actually strengthens my feelings about a rationalization behind PH's cover (it's just on Lorde's part, not yours). 

It's still an open question for me if LDR's cover art will actually relate strongly to album songs (certainly LMLYLAW didn't relate over much to its video). Not to beat a dead horse, but with all the flap about inclusiveness on her cover, it does seem strange that people didn't talk more about the lack of males. I get this sort of vibe from that exclusion (although my thoughts about her artistic intentions admittedly tend toward the weird):

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/c9/c3/17cb808a8da04380caff6110.L.jpg

8 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

D stands for down

aOaIzH2.gif

So we have DATMIMBC, D stands for down, and Men and Music are in this phrase...(just catching people up if they missed any of it)

So...down at the music industry men's business conference?

Lol

as controversial as question for the culture was, i wish shed act upon some of the things she wrote (instead of writing that mess :toofloppy:) that she’s been criticized for - like stripping (in the same vain as tropico) or references to toxic relationships while being the submissive one, and well glamour. 

especially if shes reflecting on her lizzy days in songs. 

it would be a fuck you to the critics who crucified her on those topics of her earlier work (especially if they praise her now lol) and most importantly show the hypocrisy of how women are treated, in the sense that they HAVE to be this (having dominance in their relationship and more importantly- themselvesand not that (being the submissive one, not having full control over yourself, etc.)

Not to say that the artists she named don’t face criticism ( I really hate that she chose to name anyone when she REALLY didn’t need to to get her point across but.. :flop:) for their perspective in songs, but they certainly aren’t getting backlash saying they’re glamourizing abuse which is definitely a sensitive topic (although we have to acknowledge the sexism and racism they receive...lana being someone who doesn’t face the latter) 
What I’m getting at is there really is not a lot of ways for women to win and she could have easily shown that because what she sung about is a reality for some people, just as how it’s a reality for a woman to be dominant. 
so why give her shit for it and say she’s glamourizing it?
answer for the culture: it all leads back to misogyny. 

anyway idk what the fuck I’m talking about i need a drink :diva:

hope ur all ok fellow lanaboarders!! stay safe!!!

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

Just now, Escapism said:

as controversial as question for the culture was, i wish shed act upon some of the things she wrote (instead of writing that mess :toofloppy:) that she’s been criticized for - like stripping (in the same vain as tropico) or references to toxic relationships while being the submissive one, and well glamour. 

especially if shes reflecting on her lizzy days in songs. 

it would be a fuck you to the critics who crucified her on those topics of her earlier work (especially if they praise her now lol) and most importantly show the hypocrisy of how women are treated, in the sense that they HAVE to be this (having dominance in their relationship and more importantly- themselvesand not that (being the submissive one, not having full control over yourself, etc.)

Not to say that the artists she named don’t face criticism ( I really hate that she chose to name anyone when she REALLY didn’t need to to get her point across but.. :flop:) for their perspective in songs, but they certainly aren’t getting backlash saying they’re glamourizing abuse which is definitely a sensitive topic (although we have to acknowledge the sexism and racism they receive...lana being someone who doesn’t face the latter) 
What I’m getting at is there really is not a lot of ways for women to win and she could have easily shown that because what she sung about is a reality for some people, just as how it’s a reality for a woman to be dominant. 
so why give her shit for it and say she’s glamourizing it?
answer for the culture: it all leads back to misogyny. 

anyway idk what the fuck I’m talking about i need a drink :diva:

hope ur all ok fellow lanaboarders!! stay safe!!!

GORL WUT WE ARE GUESSING RN :nails: