Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Just now, LemonadeHeavens said:

thinking about how cassette girl would probably be bopping to tulsa jesus freak right now if her grandparents didn't get fired from universal :bebe: 

things come to an end...:cuteface:

5 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

thinking about how cassette girl would probably be bopping to tulsa jesus freak right now if her grandparents didn't get fired from universal :bebe: 

i thought she was a billie eilish stan who didn't even like lana :bebe:

i love you, but you don't understand me.

4 hours ago, youngnwildx said:

It's yet to be leaked :um2: but the snippets of both white dress and wild at heart are everywhere!!! I cannot listen to them, very tempted but :crying4:

there’s no white dress snippet there’s one which is a desperate fag singing like lana and the other is 4 random piano chords with stargirl vocals slapped on it :eek:

Wait sorry for being dumb, who's this cassette girl and what did they do??

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

7 minutes ago, new gods said:

i enjoy jack's work on NFR but i do hope she works with a new producer on her next record just to push her in a new direction. we already know what her and jack can do together and COCC seems to be solidifying that

I personally don't think we know all that Lana and Jack can go together. Violet was a whole new sound and vibe and nothing like what I was expecting. Chemtrails title track was also a new direction for me. I'm very curious and excited to hear what this album has in store!

5 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

She did that to herself :smokes: If my grandparents gave me inside access to Lanas album I'd keep my mouth shut and silently bop ZLoNxIk.jpg:dance:

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

11 hours ago, venicebitch said:

I love Rick but y'all praise him waaayyy too much, he and Lana were too comfortable with each other at some point and their songs started to get boring, i'm also sure you would hate him now if he produced more Lana albums after LFL without any kind of break from him. I'm happy she's still producing with Jack, and i'm pretty sure she'll get back to Rick at some point as she always does and this is why you need to stop bragging about it every damn page, he literally produced most of Lana's music... even if it's not your cup of tea NFR was another milestone of her career and i dont think she would achieve that with yet another album produced by Rick. 

I respect Jack so much and they compliment each other in such a good way, especially with Lana saying that she hates music that's too polished, idc i think Jack is a genius

11 hours ago, Contemplating God said:

LFL was the prime example of them getting too comfortable with each other

Her most respected albums are when she branches out to new producers. After this album is over i'm sure she'll find someone new (Zach).

I definitely agree that Lana and Rick were probably very comfortable with each other, maybe too comfortable from an artistic creation perspective. But let's not pretend like Jack challenged Lana and pushed her to creative highs. That would be Dan Auerbach. Multiple articles and interviews were written about the creative process around 'Ultraviolence'. They all mentioned that they had a tumultuous relationship while making this album, they apparently fought a lot over certain artistic decisions, but also (if I recall correctly) when Lana heard back from Interscope and they told her they didn't like the album, Dan was ready to jump and defend this project peck and nails. Whereas Lana was ready to let it go (until Paul Epworth chimed in and said he loved the album,  then these same execs started eating shit... well that's a story from another day). But in the end, they said they danced to the music in the studio, and we got 'Ultraviolence'–that speaks for itself I think.

Anyway, from what we know, and this is straight from the horse's mouth, she and Jack just chill in the studio, which is fine, like there is nothing wrong with getting along peacefully. I just take a lot of issues with the way 'NFR!' sounds, and I think a lot of them stem from how this album was conceived from a production/mastering standpoint. I attribute a lot of that to artistic laziness. That might be a controversial opinion, oh well.

After 'Chemtrails' I honestly hope Lana partners with a completely new and different producer, I think it's time for her to really get out of her comfort zone and meet someone from a different place in this industry. I really want to hear something more boundary pushing than what we heard on 'NFR!', but also what's been released thus far from 'Chemtrails', which sonically speaking, while better in certain regards imho, isn't all that different from the last record. Weirdly enough, I find certain tracks on 'Violet' to be much more interesting sonically than what they have done together on an actual album. :biblio:

4 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

there’s no white dress snippet there’s one which is a desperate fag singing like lana and the other is 4 random piano chords with stargirl vocals slapped on it :eek:

:eartha::eartha::eartha::eartha: i need a breather

9 minutes ago, Fireffie said:

Wait sorry for being dumb, who's this cassette girl and what did they do??

During the pre release of NFR, this girl got the NFR cassette a few days early from her grandfather, who ended up getting fired after his granddaughter leaked the album in a terrible potato quality. 

She got dragged for it, and then got.scared and deleted her social after people threatened to call the FBI:makeup::thumb3: