Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Mainly because, in general, we have forgotten how to separate the artist from the art..."critics" have been doing the same thing to any creator who also shares their private life with the world (via social media, mainly). Same thing happens to Madonna, MJ, Ann Wintour, Bella Hadid etc. etc. etc. Imagine if everyone in the planet had their work and professional life gauged by who they are/what they do in private, off hours--it would be absurd and outrageous. 

Any true "music critic" will allow themselves to focus only on the body of work when Lana releases, and not contextualize Chemtrails beyond the work itself. In my opinion, anyone who does drag Lana's personal life, beliefs, and work beyond her body of music; is more of a (n unsolicited) therapist than a music critic...

The problem is that critics will most certainly invoke the IG posts because it was through these posts that the new album was announced. Moreover, the ostensible reason for the original "problematic" post was related to the thematic content of the new material––unfortunately, even the most well-meaning critic will have hard time resisting the temptation to allude to the drama surrounding the announcement of the album (I can already see so well that opening sentence in a review of the album...). I think that if the album is solid, however, it might be the best way to definitively leave all the drama behind and move on, as in, "yes, she made a social media faux pas, but the new music is great, so let's all focus on that." 

(I can already see so well that opening sentence in a review of the album...)

I'm not usually a review writer, but if I've been thinking about writing something for COCC when it's out and my first thought was exactly this, to contextualize it w the Instagram scandal lol. Even news about "Violet" and "Behind the iron gates" have mentions to it, so I bet Chemtrails coverage will be filled of nods to those posts.

I don't want Lana to do a surprise release because all the dumb Twitter gays will compare it to Beyonce & Taylor. If she does anything slightly surprise-based, she should just drop a song next week or just announce the album one week before release.

in Lana's last post she post a picture of a sound mixer.

I went to her profile and it seems like a snippet of a song called bullet proof in the stories!

Sounds like Lana

Wait what? Whose stories?? What snippet?

Edit ok nvm i found it but sorry it sounds nothing like lana

I went to her profile and it seems like a snippet of a song called bullet proof in the stories! 

Sounds like Lana

thats not a mixer, shes a singer. she performed w lana during this recent tour when she was bringing on artists in their home states

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

Sounds like Lana

the pronunciation is off, doesn't sound like lana at all tbh

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

I don't want Lana to do a surprise release because all the dumb Twitter gays will compare it to Beyonce & Taylor. If she does anything slightly surprise-based, she should just drop a song next week or just announce the album one week before release.

And how does that affect anything? How does that matter?

That IG post will have no impact on COTCC when it comes out.

Back in 2003, Natalie Maines of the Dixie Chicks publicly criticized then President George W. Bush. People went nuts (100x more nuts than how people reacted to Lana’s IG post) but the Dixie Chicks prevailed. They released an album in 2006 and it did well and even won the Grammy for Album of the Year.

Here is another example; in 2015 Donald Trump said racist things about Mexican immigrants. The following year he got elected President.

Another example; the President of Barilla Pasta said his ads would not show LGBT families. People got pissed and people still bought Barillia Pasta.

Today people are still buying Goya beans despite the head of that company backing Trump.

So if you think something that Lana said months ago will affect a project that is coming out in September, then think again. People don’t think about things someone said once upon a time when it comes to consumer behavior. As for music critics, they review the music and don’t resort to gossip items from months ago. Anyone who does is not a music critic, they are a gossip columnist. Know the difference.

People have moved on because that is what they do. Even after terrible events people move on.

Sounds like Lana

Laura Sisk is her mixer.

I hope this album is full of hopeless, uncomfortable, 2005-esque guitar led songs like Fordham Road, Money Hunny and Disco

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

I know I have said this before and I hate to burst everyone’s bubble, but this album is not coming out in September. Odds are it will come out in November, closer to the holidays.

What do you know? She said herself it'll be a surprise

People already said this but when she posted on insta that old photo with "LA who am I to love you" after 10-11 days she announced Violet so maybe is the same with the selfie with TJF: WHF. The date would be the 3rd-4th of August so...

giphy.gif