Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

2 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

In an interview from October 2019 with a Seattle radio station, she said that some songs that didn’t make it to NFR had a “hip-hop girl-group” sound and were “real bombastic.”

Based on the beats in the TJF snippet, maybe some songs from those early NFR sessions before the direction became a singer-songwriter sound, will make it onto the album or maybe the album in general will retain that sound?

I could see the title and the album’s potential sociopolitical satire tying well into a layered, ‘60s wall-of-sound atmosphere but with more modern beats to convey Lana’s thematic manipulation of classic American culture. 

I think you’re thinking about this? :)

Radio 107.7 The End, Seattle, October 4th(?):
"Was anything left behind?"
Lana: "Yessss ... like, there were some real big like 60s shangri las pop stuff kinda like the title track of my last album, Lust for Life ... which I was trying to do like, a bit of a girl group sound ... I thought it was either gonna go kinda like hip-hop girl group or, like, something a little more acoustic. And in the end, there were just more songs that were like that. And I think the next album, whatever that ends up being, will still be more in this realm 'cos I'm having so much fun."

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

4 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

In an interview from October 2019 with a Seattle radio station, she said that some songs that didn’t make it to NFR had a “hip-hop girl-group” sound and were “real bombastic.”

Based on the beats in the TJF snippet, maybe some songs from those early NFR sessions before the direction became a singer-songwriter sound, will make it onto the album or maybe will retain that sound?

I could see the title and the album’s potential sociopolitical satire tying well into a layered, ‘60s wall-of-sound atmosphere but with more modern beats to convey Lana’s thematic manipulation of classic American culture. 

Omg imagine the power nfr wouldve had if it had hiphop bombastic groupie songs. Instead we got whispering to piano n weird horn

2 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

Lana: "Yessss ... like, there were some real big like 60s shangri las pop stuff kinda like the title track of my last album, Lust for Life ... which I was trying to do like, a bit of a girl group sound ... I thought it was either gonna go kinda like hip-hop girl group or, like, something a little more acoustic. And in the end, there were just more songs that were like that. And I think the next album, whatever that ends up being, will still be more in this realm 'cos I'm having so much fun."

Yes that’s the one! I know she said the next album will retain the NFR sound but based on that TJF snippet I think it’ll be something a bit different! :)

1 minute ago, daisy fresh witch said:

Nope, just clownery 

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

7 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

Omg this got me so mad rn... since nfr is my least fav and lust for life is what made me a stan... another high quality huge instrumental pop album would be a fkn dream. I hope Chemtrails have those nfr pop outtakes

28 minutes ago, J.R.OMEGA said:

Not sure why I think this, but I'm still feeling like COCC will be an extension of NRF, sonically speaking. Maybe a little more Americana leaning wouldn't bother me tbh, but I'm not expecting a huge step away from the sound Jack & Lana cultivated on NFR. I mean, nothing like the difference between BTD & Ultraviolence. Given her Insta rant about the Culture and being able to go back to her earlier, grittier lyrics gives me hope for controversial Lana to be making her voice heard again. I love it when Lana is in your face, lyrically, and just totally outspoken and frank.:smokes:

Can’t wait to hear the sound of it... 

lyrically, I think, she will go back to being « codependent » heartbroken « I’m nothing without you » Lana, and thus being « controversial » because « not what women should be singing about in 2020 ». I don’t think she’ll go « fuck you world » at all, contrary to popular belief. 

I think she wouldn't have said an specific date if she wasn't sure, i mean if you have an specific date it must be because you have everything done and ready

I think a Joni Mitchell or Carole King cover would’ve fit so well on NFR, particularly “For Free” or “Willy” by Joni and “So Far Away” or “Tapestry” by Carole. If there had to be a cover on COTCC, I would love if we finally got a long-awaited Amy Winehouse cover (!!!), particularly “Love is a Losing Game”, “Wake Up Alone” or “Some Unholy War” - again, if COTCC has a ‘60s wall-of-sound hip-hop feel, a song from Back To Black would sonically fit really well! 

This album could very well pick up where NFR left off but I don't think it will be NFR 2.0.

I do think NFR offers some clues as to where Lana is going. I think that she is going to go deeper into embracing her folk roots. Lets remember that the second half of LFL was very folk influenced. 

2 minutes ago, irvnex said:

I think she wouldn't have said an specific date if she wasn't sure, i mean if you have an specific date it must be because you have everything done and ready

That's what I convinced myself of too:agree:

1 minute ago, World At War said:

That's what I convinced myself of too:agree:

same, or if she's gonna delay it she could say something bc it's cruel at this point :( so i hope she surprises us or whatever

i've probably said this like five times already in this thread, but a trashy rural queen of the gas station kind of sound would be heavenly, judging from the lyrics of tulsa jesus freak, it's very well possible. 

i also really hope the insider tea about lmlylaw sounding like fine china is true :ohno:

x14CtFn.gif  89cxvIN.gif  BolwSzs.gif

i  h a v e  a  d i s c o  b a l l  m i n d  . . .  l i g h t s  f l a s h i n g  a l l  o f  t h e  t i m e

2 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

I wonder if lana reads this thread... If she does then she has to hate me for sure:yesnod:

I even doubt she reads her Insta or Twitter comments (for her own sanity). I doubt she snoops here and reads what we write about her (though I love imagining she does).

1 minute ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

i've probably said this like five times already in this thread, but a trashy rural queen of the gas station kind of sound would be heavenly, judging from the lyrics of tulsa jesus freak, it's very well possible. 

i also really hope the insider tea about lmlylaw sounding like fine china is true :ohno:

I hope the « Fine China » influences are really present and not « faintly audible ». That would be so disappointing. 

I think it will be surprise released or she’ll reveal the cover and tracklist right before the 5th - a lot of dates that are linked to her releases that end up not being true usually surface from third-party sites and not from her official social media accounts. 

Other than Violet’s Jan 4th date (which can’t disputed because family mementos and Chuck’s retrospective were taken :( ) she has always came through with the dates she announced! Call me delusional, but I definitely think it’s coming and the release will be quick and lowkey!

On the bright side, if we do get nothing between now and the day of, that’ll be all the more exciting since everything can be taken in at once - visuals, titles, songs themselves - that makes for a fresher and purer first listen! :)