Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

4 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I think it will be surprise released or she’ll reveal the cover and tracklist right before the 5th - a lot of dates that are linked to her releases that end up not being true usually surface from third-party sites and not from her official social media accounts. 

Other than Violet’s Jan 4th date (which can’t disputed because family mementos and Chuck’s retrospective were taken :( ) she has always came through with the dates she announced! Call me delusional, but I definitely think it’s coming and the release will be quick and lowkey!

On the bright side, if we do get nothing between now and the day of, that’ll be all the more exciting since everything can be taken in at once - visuals, titles, songs themselves - that makes for a fresher and purer first listen! :)

At this point, we may have a better chance of hearing her collab with Jesse Rutherford than an actual single from Chemtrails. For our sanity, it’s better to let her do her own thing and not expect anything. I’m tired of manifesting and getting my hopes up and then nothing happens. TJF may or may not be coming soon, that’s where I’m at. 

13 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I hope the « Fine China » influences are really present and not « faintly audible ». That would be so disappointing. 

Same here

Fine China is stunning lyrically but I ain't here for more quiet piano ballads unless we're getting tracks like Old Money or Video Games aka ballads with a more elaborated and inspired instrumentation, or even like Living Legend!

also, yes I explain myself like an ass wbk

mbK53xg.gif

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

2 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

At this point, we may have a better chance of hearing her collab with Jesse Rutherford than an actual single from Chemtrails. For our sanity, it’s better to let her do her own thing and not expect anything. I’m tired of manifesting and getting my hopes up and then nothing happens. TJF may or may not be coming soon, that’s where I’m at. 

I agree - regardless of what we think/expect and what happens in a pre-release, an album is still bound to come and not putting any pressure on it makes for less of a headache :) 

I definitely feel an announcement this tuesday. If you don't feel it too, please consult with your doctor. mbK53xg.gif

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

23 minutes ago, AlexParliament said:

This album could very well pick up where NFR left off but I don't think it will be NFR 2.0.

I do think NFR offers some clues as to where Lana is going. I think that she is going to go deeper into embracing her folk roots. Lets remember that the second half of LFL was very folk influenced. 

I believe when LFL was released she literally said the next album will pick up where she left off with Get Free (I’m assuming that was the ocean sounds at the end which lead into the sailing theme of NFR, and also just in general the themes in Get Free) but I don’t think she’s said anything about how this record will sound?? I was hoping it would be a more structured version of the instrumentals from Violet because they were so beautiful :flutter: but after the TJF snippet it sounds a lot like Cinnamon Girl so I think that’s probably what we will be getting. I also kind of wish if this does end up being Midwest themed that she would go back to her AKA sound for it but :poordat: I don’t think that’s gonna happen 

UbsOye5.png

Just now, Sugar Venom said:

I believe when LFL was released she literally said the next album will pick up where she left off with Get Free (I’m assuming that was the ocean sounds at the end which lead into the sailing theme of NFR, and also just in general the themes in Get Free) but I don’t think she’s said anything about how this record will sound?? I was hoping it would be a more structured version of the instrumentals from Violet because they were so beautiful :flutter: but after the TJF snippet it sounds a lot like Cinnamon Girl so I think that’s probably what we will be getting. I also kind of wish if this does end up being Midwest themed that she would go back to her AKA sound for it but :poordat: I don’t think that’s gonna happen 

i think she said that this album was going to be norman's little sister? of course we should take everything she says with a grain of salt because at this point we know she's not great at describing her albums. i personally don't think it's going to end up an nfr 2.0, every album is different to some extent, and even if it was nfr 2.0, i wouldn't be that disappointed. 

gf0OBqU.gif

2 minutes ago, Sugar Venom said:

When she announced WHF, I think she said it would sound like NFR... but it was so early in the making of it that I doubt we will get more than a few « songs » reminding us of it. And even that is not clear: did she mean the whole album or the title track?

1 minute ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

i think she said that this album was going to be norman's little sister? of course we should take everything she says with a grain of salt because at this point we know she's not great at describing her albums. i personally don't think it's going to end up an nfr 2.0, every album is different to some extent, and even if it was nfr 2.0, i wouldn't be that disappointed. 

Right now, I think COCC will be the « Paradise » of NFR. A second part to a long book, but it will surely be its own thing. Norman’s little sister, as she called it back in December, cannot have stayed the same after the pandemic and lockdown. Just the title (and possible title track) is so « danger coming at privileged people » that I can only imagine it was written after this last winter. 

10 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

I always interpreted the little sister comment to just mean whatever comes after Norman, not necessarily that they’d be related, but it does make more sense that way lol. I think someone mentioned this already but Norman is kind of masculine by name so maybe his “little sister” will be a more feminine album, and what she associates with her femininity is exactly what she was talking about with her question for the culture post. So maybe it’ll be NFR sounding but with lyrics that aren’t as “strong” or “healthy” so to speak??

UbsOye5.png

I actually can't get too excited for the Chemtrails conspiracy theme. Knowing Lana she must be talking about regular contrails as scenery to one of the songs and chose to spell it that way because it sounds pretty, lol

2 hours ago, J.R.OMEGA said:

Not sure why I think this, but I'm still feeling like COCC will be an extension of NRF, sonically speaking. Maybe a little more Americana leaning wouldn't bother me tbh, but I'm not expecting a huge step away from the sound Jack & Lana cultivated on NFR. I mean, nothing like the difference between BTD & Ultraviolence. Given her Insta rant about the Culture and being able to go back to her earlier, grittier lyrics gives me hope for controversial Lana to be making her voice heard again. I love it when Lana is in your face, lyrically, and just totally outspoken and frank.:smokes:

Well she literally did say that it would sound similar to NFR

41 minutes ago, Sugar Venom said:

I always interpreted the little sister comment to just mean whatever comes after Norman, not necessarily that they’d be related, but it does make more sense that way lol. I think someone mentioned this already but Norman is kind of masculine by name so maybe his “little sister” will be a more feminine album, and what she associates with her femininity is exactly what she was talking about with her question for the culture post. So maybe it’ll be NFR sounding but with lyrics that aren’t as “strong” or “healthy” so to speak??

I really love this^^^ 

Not only was NFR a “masculine” album in the sense that the title was a man’s name, but also the fact that she takes on a traditionally masculine role on the album cover and in the narrative, where she leads the dance through a relationship (particularly in MAC through the “I’m your man” affirmations). I think that explains why the album was received so well, which was because Lana presented a very commanding presence with this record, which proves the point she made in the Question for the Culture post. “Norman’s little sister,” being Chemtrails, will maybe see her step back from a role that is  typically associated with masculine characteristics and see her meditate on her own feminine “fragility” in relation to the romantic/sexual liberty that she feels society’s modern woman is seen to disassociate from in order to be seen as empowering;  I think Lana will offer an outlook through which women don’t have to be one prescribed thing in order to be seen as empowering. I think this record will contain a lot layers thematically and may lend itself to a certain inclusivity of all types of women, given the fact that Lana’s catalogue has seen her be more than just one type of woman, all of which are valid :) Lana’s ability to be vulnerable is strength and empowerment, in my opinion. I’m thinking Let Me Love You Like a Woman will tie really nicely into this concept. 

56 minutes ago, Sugar Venom said:

We can sure go on all day guessing. Details on this next album have been rather scarce. Regardless, the album is done being recorded. It’s been mixed and mastered and a photo shoot has taken place. I’m leaning towards the possibility that Lana will just drop the record when she feels right doing so and allowing it to be a “surprise” without much that comes before the release. 

1 hour ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

i've probably said this like five times already in this thread, but a trashy rural queen of the gas station kind of sound would be heavenly, judging from the lyrics of tulsa jesus freak, it's very well possible. 

i also really hope the insider tea about lmlylaw sounding like fine china is true :ohno:

Ugh yes. I'm in the mood right now for some trashy motel hook up lyricism with some Hawaiian/Alabama sounds (like Bullwinkle Part 2 by The Centurions meets Jolene by Dolly Parton)

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

2 minutes ago, CyberKid said:

Well she literally did say that it would sound similar to NFR

She says a lot of things tbh. I don’t believe her when the new era is about to start because she changes her mind at the end. Wouldn’t be surprised if the album was really hip hop influenced. 

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I really love this^^^ 

Not only was NFR a “masculine” album in the sense that the title was a man’s name, but also the fact that she takes on a traditionally masculine role on the album cover and in the narrative, where she leads the dance through a relationship (particularly in MAC through the “I’m your man” affirmations). I think that explains why the album was received so well, which was because Lana presented a very commanding presence with this record, which proves the point she made in the Question for the Culture post. “Norman’s little sister,” being Chemtrails, will maybe see her step back from a role that is  typically associated with masculine characteristics and see her meditate on her own feminine “fragility” in relation to the romantic/sexual liberty that she feels society’s modern woman is seen to disassociate from in order to be seen as empowering;  I think Lana will offer an outlook through which women don’t have to be one prescribed thing in order to be seen as empowering. I think this record will contain a lot layers thematically and may lend itself to a certain inclusivity of all types of women, given the fact that Lana’s catalogue has seen her be more than just one type of woman, all of which are valid :) Lana’s ability to be vulnerable is strength and empowerment, in my opinion. I’m thinking Let Me Love You Like a Woman will tie really nicely into this concept. 

Why do I cherish all your posts that much :scoff: 

we can only stan here :oprah3:

B01C43A7296444A39131F71DB.jpeg&type=jpeg