Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

4 minutes ago, Dragon said:

disruption of an established environment and how that reflects from the home, self, and world and where to go from there is my guess. 

Its a very cool guess. I really think that the country club is in fact USA. :hdu:

Lust For Dead   large.gif

4 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

Its a very cool guess. I really think that the country club is in fact USA. :hdu:

honestly if anyone else wanted to get more philo, we could trace it back to form. it makes me wonder what the soundscape'll really sound like. country music's got a lot heart and warmth, so this gets me thinking to what those values/ flavors'll attach to

UV/Honeymoon

Just bought some real expensive headphones for COCC release and now I am listening to the title track like it's meant to be heard. Lots of feelings. 

6 minutes ago, uvbabe said:

There's something so addictive about the title track like I truly can't stop playing it :icant:

Maybe when Hayley Mary sings it :nails:

do you ever just... gaze at horizons?

original.gif

35 minutes ago, Dragon said:

honestly if anyone else wanted to get more philo, we could trace it back to form. it makes me wonder what the soundscape'll really sound like. country music's got a lot heart and warmth, so this gets me thinking to what those values/ flavors'll attach to

Yes that’s what I expected, but after LMLYLAW, Lana might end up on her own. Her man won’t follow her tracks. It seems to me song 5, 6 and 7 have a dark theme

I’m curious what these songs will sound like

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

1 minute ago, Miss Doing Nothing said:

Yes that’s what I expected, but after LMLYLAW, Lana might end up on her own. Her man won’t follow her tracks. It seems to me song 5, 6 and 7 have a dark theme

Hmm what makes you think this? I’m very intrigued 

All I wanna do is get high by the beach

17 minutes ago, uvbabe said:

There's something so addictive about the title track like I truly can't stop playing it :icant:

The music video is so much more addictive than the song for me, it's so visually stimulating and there's so much going on 

Animated GIF

Usually with every Lana album title it defines the entire meaning of the album, Norman Fucking Rockwell had clear indications of the self absorbed artist in many of the lyrics. I guess the “chemtrails” may signify her dazed and intoxicating feeling of being with her closest friends in day to day life? Almost as if it releases the pressure of fame when shes with her sister and brother and the country club signifies the peaceful state shes able to reach with them?

giphy.gif

19 minutes ago, UltraviolenceMike said:

Hmm what makes you think this? I’m very intrigued 

Title track - her questioning God. Her believe doesn’t match the life she is living

TJF - Her man has a different view on life and that’s ok with Lana. She doesn’t want to change him, but wants her lover to feel the same?

LMLYLAW - Lana takes full control of her own desires. She wants her lover to choose. Build a life together by starting anew or wants him to stay in her past.

I can’t tell if I understand the full message of the songs especially TJF since we only have a part of that song. These three songs seem very sweet, but why would she question the culture and just make an album with lullaby love songs?

5 minutes ago, Miss Doing Nothing said:

Title track - her questioning God. Her believe doesn’t match the life she is living

TJF - Her man has a different view on life and that’s ok with Lana. She doesn’t want to change him, but wants her lover to feel the same?

LMLYLAW - Lana takes full control of her own desires. She wants her lover to choose. Build a life together by starting anew or wants him to stay in her past.

I can’t tell if I understand the full message of the songs especially TJF since we only have a part of that song. These three songs seem very sweet, but why would she question the culture and just make an album with lullaby love songs?

This actually leads me to the question of what was the purpose of QFTC? Did she make this statement out of the blue? I forgot... 

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, Lustrouslines said:

This actually leads me to the question of what was the purpose of QFTC? Did she make this statement out of the blue? I forgot... 

it was out of the blue completely 

3 minutes ago, Lustrouslines said:

I really don’t know. It was a lot of mismatched information, but that mess is part of this era

2 minutes ago, Miss Doing Nothing said:

Ugh yes omg I love ur explanation and now I’m even more interested in the overarching story that I thought this album wouldn’t have to be honest. 

All I wanna do is get high by the beach

51 minutes ago, Miss Doing Nothing said:

me too same, I'm thinking it'll be more self-directed and reparative.. 

UV/Honeymoon