Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

10 minutes ago, Teemu said:

This era is kinda like David Lynch’s Twin Peaks. He made the 2seasons & Fire Walk With Me long time ago and then he made the 3rd season of Twin Peaks in 2017 and stated that in order to understand fully you need to watch Fire Walk with Me. I feel like Lana is doing something similar with this project, perhaps an indirect sequal to AKA. Also Lynch had almost zero promo for his Twin Peaks: The return. Similar to Lana having almost no promo for Cotccf AKA The return to Lizzy Grant era 

babe, no.
:crossed:

this is a reach and a half if I’ve ever read one.

1 minute ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

And yet, seeing all the new releases (singles and albums/EP), maybe it was a good idea to delay Chemtrails by two weeks. 

im sure her team was aware of it and maybe that helped push the decision to do a slight delay. Although with Lana’s fanbase I don’t think it really matters when she releases. She drops something and it gets a lot of people talking 

"Don’t forget me"

54 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

um although I'm not a native English speaker, I don't quite get why it would be that unnatural to use 'to hold someone like a baby' in the sense that i understood at first (which, by the way, makes perfect sense to me, because that'd be in the continuation of the somewhat pleading tone of 'let me love you' and in the submissive position that she often associates with womanhood and which echoes being defined as a man's girlfriend). I'm not saying your interpretation is wrong or doesn't make sense, I'm saying that I think both interpretations are possible (and I gave elements that supported mine, that is to say several other lyrics she used). If saying 'to hold someone like a baby' can't mean the 'like' applies to the subject, and not to 'someone', my bad, but I'm still not sure it's the case.

It makes no sense to say it in that way. It would be something like "Let me hold you like a darling" ... like, nobody says somethinglike that (and I personally think that it would not make any sense either). I don't want to be the smartass here, but I think your interpretation just makes no sense in a linguistic way.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

33 minutes ago, venicebitx said:

Always on team delulu, we got pawn shop blues video so at this point idK:crai:

Chuck forced her to do it..she was getting withdrawals from lack of filter videos 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

22 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

she’s not to lazy to re-record songs and she didn’t fail at the American Classics. She has not one but two cover albums already recorded :scoff:

While releasing an album in two weeks and a poetry book soon

The only thing we should be negative about today is the fact that we should have the album today 

We don’t really know how done those cover albums are.  I don’t think we will see Behind the Iron gate anytime soon ?

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

9 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

We don’t really know how done those cover albums are.  I don’t think we will see Behind the Iron gate anytime soon ?

Omg I forgot she said Iron Gates would be out in March - I was so excited about it and feeling like it was so far away, and here we are now and I forgot because of COCC :thumb3:

6 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

why isn't anything happening i wish we was like ahhh

This feels like the most dry we've been this era. Even though Lana posted the WD teaser on insta just 6 days ago. :troll:

I'm foolishly expecting her to post today or tomorrow!

THE ALBUM, two weeks notice ma'am!!! :smokes:

42 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

she’s not to lazy to re-record songs and she didn’t fail at the American Classics. She has not one but two cover albums already recorded :scoff:

While releasing an album in two weeks and a poetry book soon

As long as she's not releasing them there is 0 revenue from her being busy. 

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

20 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I mean the MOJO magazine described them both (one country and one folk) she was clearly just experimenting with different sounds and I’m team Delulu and I think eventually we’ll get the albums. I’d rather have 2 polished cover albums than one rushed one. And she just announced in January she was starting the compiling process and she’s signed to S&S she can’t just not release it, and I think it’ll be soon 

Just now, Thunder Corpse said:

As long as she's not releasing them there is 0 revenue from her being busy. 

I mean I’m sure she’s getting her coins from the 20,000 album variants she has for COTCC. We should be happy she isn’t rush releasing projects just to earn a little extra money, and I’m sure the rollout for the cover albums will be like any other ‘side’ project she’s worked on

"Don’t forget me"

I was just listening to the Sound of Music soundtrack (as one does), and it could be that I’m just so excited about Chemtrails that I can’t think of anything else, but this verse in My Favourite Things stood out to me:

”Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes/Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes/Silver white winters that melt into springs/These are a few of my favourite things”

Just made me excited because winter really is melting into spring just as Chemtrails is coming out and also it suddenly feels like I’m noticing mentions of white dresses in literally everything now lol.

sound+fave+things.gif

Spoiler

Lana Del Rey releasing a new album is one of my favourite things :thankyou:

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

36 minutes ago, Thunder Corpse said:

It makes no sense to say it in that way. It would be something like "Let me hold you like a darling" ... like, nobody says somethinglike that (and I personally think that it would not make any sense either). I don't want to be the smartass here, but I think your interpretation just makes no sense in a linguistic way.

I can't see why it would make that much less sense than saying 'let me love you like a woman'. The word 'woman' is obviously meant to be the subject of the verb 'to love' in here, although a man could say just the same sentence meaning he wants to love his partner the way he thinks a woman should be loved. Just like the word 'baby' can be meant to be the subject of the verb 'to hold', or not. And I've given several reasons, both in the context of the song and in that of her discography, why in my opinion, it does make sense for it to be this way, reasons which you have not debunked. So while I agree your interpretation makes sense, and I'm not asking you to give up on it, you just haven't shown me mine doesn't, and as long as several native English speakers don't tell me it is impossible for the verb 'to hold' to have 'a baby' as a subject and not as an object, I'm simply not convinced. We can put an end to this discussion though because it's neither pleasant nor going forward