Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

1 hour ago, Future Jazz said:

I can't see why it would make that much less sense than saying 'let me love you like a woman'. The word 'woman' is obviously meant to be the subject of the verb 'to love' in here, although a man could say just the same sentence meaning he wants to love his partner the way he thinks a woman should be loved. Just like the word 'baby' can be meant to be the subject of the verb 'to hold', or not. And I've given several reasons, both in the context of the song and in that of her discography, why in my opinion, it does make sense for it to be this way, reasons which you have not debunked. So while I agree your interpretation makes sense, and I'm not asking you to give up on it, you just haven't shown me mine doesn't, and as long as several native English speakers don't tell me it is impossible for the verb 'to hold' to have 'a baby' as a subject and not as an object, I'm simply not convinced. We can put an end to this discussion though because it's neither pleasant nor going forward

Holding someone like a baby with "baby" as the subject makes no sense and I'm sure it would not be used synonymously with lover in this context cause it just sounds off af. 

1 minute ago, Nikogo said:

the fact that I know she’s recording and expanding her sound and vision is enough for me, even though I fully understand other people don’t have that perspective 

She recorded so much stuff that never saw the light of  day, she announced so many things that never happened - her word means nothing to me at this point :toofloppy:

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

25 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

The album is not being delayed and I’m gonna need all of ya’ll to keep that negativity to yourselves :oprah2:

She would never delay an album two weeks before the release date. She warned us she was going silent and the only reason Feb 26th was so traumatic to everyone is because you clung onto unconfirmed rumors and one website. If the website hasn’t been discovered, Lana’s post last week teasing White Dress wouldn’t have struck such a nerve. 

breath, we have 13 (basically 12 at this point accounting for NZ release day, and even less than that accounting for the inevitable leak the week leading up to the 19th) days left and we’re just getting antsy.

But no. No talk of it not coming out the 19th. 

When did say she was going silent? Man did she really fuck with us this album. I wonder why she doesn’t show anything for this album

giphy.gif

Just now, Lustrouslines said:

When did say she was going silent? Man did she really fuck with us this album. I wonder why she doesn’t show anything for this album

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJrzIRbB5uG/ here

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

1 minute ago, Lustrouslines said:

January 5th on Instagram :) 

she confirmed she was compiling the next poetry book (aka end stage of putting it out) and  she’ll “be gone for awhile” while she finishes it up!

Her original plan was to release this album as a surprise with ‘little fanfare’ so I’m not surprised she isn’t revealing too much. And I like the mystery and it’s making me more exited for the record

"Don’t forget me"

24 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

I can’t believe two weeks away and she’s only teased one snippet, we have no album trailer, and we have no 30 second snippets of the album.

this is all making me feel like she really isn’t proud of the album.. she loves to show her work off but that doesn’t mean it’ll be bad i just think she wasn’t satisfied with the finished product. 

i love you, but you don't understand me.

2 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

January 5th on Instagram :) 

she confirmed she was compiling the next poetry book (aka end stage of putting it out) and  she’ll “be gone for awhile” while she finishes it up!

Her original plan was to release this album as a surprise with ‘little fanfare’ so I’m not surprised she isn’t revealing too much. And I like the mystery and it’s making me more exited for the record

But while 'silent,' she could easily low-key put out the 'American standards' album that never saw the light of day on Christmas. Perhaps towards the end of this year. 

1 minute ago, new gods said:

this is all making me feel like she really isn’t proud of the album.. she loves to show her work off but that doesn’t mean it’ll be bad i just think she wasn’t satisfied with the finished product. 

I don’t think she’s satisfied with it either! She said for Interview magazine she wasn’t completely happy with it, and nothing has been done to the songs we’re getting since then (minus dealer and adding Yosemite). For Anne’s show she said she didn’t get where she wanted to go and the destination was ‘TBC’.

I’m sure it’s going to be a beautiful album because she was completely happy with the songs, and was ready to submit them in May when she wrote QFTC. Something happened BTS that made her less satisfied!

2 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

But while 'silent,' she could easily low-key put out the 'American standards' album that never saw the light of day on Christmas. Perhaps towards the end of this year. 

I don’t think the American Standards album exists anymore. She expanded that vision and now has two cover albums featuring two different genes! And while I agree she should have put it out, I don’t know when a good time would have been to do so. 

When she announced it in November it was one album.. by December she was planning on dropping the title track and video early January. When she made the announcement in January it wouldn’t have made sense to release one or both of the albums since her ‘lead single’ was on its way. She couldn’t really release the albums in January or February because that’s cutting it super close to the album. 

I think she’ll release one or both albums throughout the summer, depending on BTIG’s final release date 

"Don’t forget me"

6 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

i'm low-key convinced it's going to be excellent but i couldn't really say why :bebe: the whole vibe just really gets to me

1 minute ago, Chiunzhan said:

This is gonna be delayed... i can feel it... :facepalm:

My Ni function never fails...

what's gonna be delayed?

giphy.gif

Tbh I just automatically assumed the COCC trailer WAS the album trailer. Maybe she intended it that way? I mean yeah it would have been nice to hear some new snippets and footage but perhaps to Lana is was just easier to do one trailer only

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

7 minutes ago, new gods said:

same, her choice for the cover makes me question that too, not because of all the people in it, but that pic sis... 

she's acting so different towards this project, idk if it's only my personal perception, but she's acting really weird :pout:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

42 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

I can’t believe two weeks away and she’s only teased one snippet, we have no album trailer, and we have no 30 second snippets of the album. 

I have a strong feeling we’re going to get something between today and Tuesday. 

either another preview of WD with the March 12th release date, or the album trailer (featuring some scenes of the White Dress video and probably snippets of COTCC, LMLYLAW, WD, and TJF)

maybe maybe maybe: WD Monday like Chemtrails was on a Monday ??

I don't think she's delaying it tho, tbh I feel like she just want to end this era as soon as possible and feel like she's more passionate about the poetry books right now 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

40 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

I have a strong feeling we’re going to get something between today and Tuesday. 

either another preview of WD with the March 12th release date, or the album trailer (featuring some scenes of the White Dress video and probably snippets of COTCC, LMLYLAW, WD, and TJF)

this album trailer talk is making me crazy when we already have it. 

but anyways i don’t blame her silence. this era has been horrible for her and not how she intended. It’s sad that she most likely feels like she can’t share her thoughts in fear of getting even more hate. And it makes me a bit angry when people are calling her weird for how she’s been acting this era like.. :awkney:

also they have to heavily promote the album at some point. it’s already a success and we have two very high budget videos but we’ll see

13 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

I don’t think she’s satisfied with it either! She said for Interview magazine she wasn’t completely happy with it, and nothing has been done to the songs we’re getting since then (minus dealer and adding Yosemite). For Anne’s show she said she didn’t get where she wanted to go and the destination was ‘TBC’.

I’m sure it’s going to be a beautiful album because she was completely happy with the songs, and was ready to submit them in May when she wrote QFTC. Something happened BTS that made her less satisfied!

I don’t think the American Standards album exists anymore. She expanded that vision and now has two cover albums featuring two different genes! And while I agree she should have put it out, I don’t know when a good time would have been to do so. 

When she announced it in November it was one album.. by December she was planning on dropping the title track and video early January. When she made the announcement in January it wouldn’t have made sense to release one or both of the albums since her ‘lead single’ was on its way. She couldn’t really release the albums in January or February because that’s cutting it super close to the album. 

I think she’ll release one or both albums throughout the summer, depending on BTIG’s final release date 

Thanks--we can hope. If all that is accurate, she's sure been working hard in the studio.