Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

I’ve been reading all the reviews that have been posted and I have to agree with everyone who mentions how even thought COTCC is getting stellar reviews, I can’t help but be so irritated and sad for Lana that all these reviewers are STILL ripping into her early work 

they claimed she wasn’t authentic then and they still feel the need to say she wasn’t authentic then. But still want to praise her work now as if her past didn’t lead us to where she is now 

"Don’t forget me"

36 minutes ago, Jack Antonoff is a God said:

https://diymag.com/2021/03/19/lana-del-rey-chemtrails-over-the-country-club-album-review

This is the best review, so far. Especially the last paragraph. 

I'm not sure about this one haha. The only songs they bother to write more than a few words about is the opening and closing song. I learned absolutely nothing about the other songs based on their review. It's like they just skipped through them after one chorus to the point where it's kinda funny :teehee:

I really wish I was able to celebrate with one of ya’ll in person! It seems like everyone is getting creative with their release parties. Sending y’all love from Dallas, TX :kiss3: cant wait to discuss the album!

giphy.gif

Last post in the pre-release thread for me! See y'all on the other side in the post release. The past year has been super tough, but Violet and Chemtrails with you all has been worth it. I love the album and I'm so happy about that NME review. :oprah:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Not many artists, especially female ones, could say that Trump presidency needed to happen and get these reviews months later. Y'all should be grateful and not cry about 7/10 scores. Not to mention the fact that this album doesn't deserve NFR's scores. 

1 minute ago, Jack Antonoff is a God said:

Not many artists, especially female ones, could say that Trump presidency needed to happen and get these reviews months later. Y'all should be grateful and not cry about 7/10 scores. Not to mention the fact that this album doesn't deserve NFR's scores. 

Omg can u just go away or elle ban with out a reason? We wont judge her

Lust For Dead   large.gif

2 minutes ago, Jack Antonoff is a God said:

shut up uglee

5 minutes ago, Jack Antonoff is a God said:

that's just your subjective opinion, but it's not very friendly, we shouldn't encourage tearing down somebody's artistry just because you don't like it quite like her previous work, the album is beautiful, it's a lot less "safe" and steady like nfr, but that's why it's great

5 minutes ago, Nobody said:

even Rob likes this photo better :ma:

Literally every single picture of her taken in the last year is better than the official cover

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

This is Lana Del Rey, the icon of our times. 

“It’s a reminder that, more than just being influenced by the likes of Joan Baez and Stevie Nicks, she’s now on a par with them. Lana Del Rey is at the peak of her game – just don’t expect her to come down anytime soon.” - NME