Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club Merch & Media Drop

Serious question: wtf happened to the aesthetics? Did lana fire an visual director or sth? We had honeymoon and Lfl boxsets with spot on, beautiful professional photos. And perfect vinyl artworks with fitting gatefolds and inserts. Now everything looks like her insta photo dump. Im pissed cuz im obsessed with visuals to the point it can ruin the music for me. The vinyl gatefold:oprah2:

Just now, Lustformoney said:

Serious question: wtf happened to the aesthetics? Did lana fire an visual director or sth? We had honeymoon and Lfl boxsets with spot on, beautiful professional photos. And perfect vinyl artworks with fitting gatefolds and inserts. Now everything looks like her insta photo dump. Im pissed cuz im obsessed with visuals to the point it can ruin the music for me. The vinyl gatefold:oprah2:

tell me about it, her PicsArt gatefold collage is a mess :die:

8 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

Same! Unpopular opinion, but I miss the days when she actually worked with real renowned photographers/directors!

BTD-UV eras were visually picture perfect!

But I get that she wants maybe a simpler image.. Less Diva-esque!

16 minutes ago, Luc said:

But I get that she wants maybe a simpler image.. Less Diva-esque!

its not about that, its about the lack of style. She could buy a 1$ stock desert/forest photo and it would look amazing in a gatefold

1 minute ago, Lustformoney said:

its not about that, its about the lack of style. She could buy a 1$ stock desert/forest photo and it would look amazing in a gatefold

She is going with the “live, laugh, love” aesthetic with the collage, i wish it was her in the red car :crai:

the next album will be a white cover with the logo off centered, trust and believe:defeated:

original.gif

29 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

Seriously. This era had SO MUCH POTENTIAL. She could have given us such beautiful visuals with cohesive visual art. Maybe when I actually listen to the album things will make more sense but so far it just seems messy. :crossed:

38 minutes ago, salvatoredreams said:

i live in louisiana do you think the yellow vinyl will just be in a random record store somewhere  here?

Check https://recordstoreday.com! You can enter your location to see what’s near you, and search for the indie yellow from there ?

5 minutes ago, cherrycokes said:

Seriously. This era had SO MUCH POTENTIAL. She could have given us such beautiful visuals with cohesive visual art. Maybe when I actually listen to the album things will make more sense but so far it just seems messy. :crossed:

it wont:rip: the only visual that made sense was the neil cover

28 minutes ago, LustForDelRey said:

The real question all the people getting there ChemtrailsOverTheCountryClub from there local record store? Do they count as sales for next week ? ??

Next week (release week) because technically the record stores shouldn't be giving them out to people especially if they are physically handing them to people (posting a couple days early is the norm) but as they are preorders its next week sales. Record stores can get in serious trouble with labels if they sell stock early.

5 minutes ago, Luc said:

Is it true that the Neil cover was the original concept.. Like approved a while ago! And plans were scrapped recently? :crossed:

im pretty sure. The fact that Ben was quiet for like 3 weeks after lana revealed the cover and when he posted about it, he posted the alt cover:rip: i bet she made him change it in the last minute and he was furious

1 minute ago, Lustformoney said:

im pretty sure. The fact that Ben was quiet for like 3 weeks after lana revealed the cover and when he posted about it, he posted the alt cover:rip: i bet she made him change it in the last minute and he was furious

I think Ben was the manger she sent the UO nfr cover to and he was like no, So it became the alt. Cover.

IMG-3521.jpg