Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Chemtrails Over the Country Club  

869 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Chemtrails Over the Country Club?

• White Dress
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Tulsa Jesus Freak
    • Let Me Love You Like a Woman
    • Wild at Heart
    • Dark But Just a Game
    • Not All Who Wander Are Lost
    • Yosemite
    • Breaking Up Slowly
    • Dance Till We Die
    • For Free

21 minutes ago, yourolllikethunder said:

YESSS! Benito Skinner with “YoU CaN’t DaNcE to ChEmTrAiLs” :thumb3:

literally me every time I play WD

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CMvX5myBc1Z/?igshid=1okdf21ge4gns

Omg let’s hope the Downatthemeninmusicbusinessconference dance routine (or whatever those are called) becomes a TikTok challenge! 

Lanarat.png

2 hours ago, Thunder Corpse said:

White Dress and Tulsa Jesus Freak are included on multiple playlists though

Shh don't ruin her reputation as underdog :hooker:

58 minutes ago, Pin Up Galore said:

this albums seems to be doing better than NFR! did its first week can we assume its gonna hit the 100k+ mark again? 

It's doing probably the same in terms of physical copies but worse when it comes to streaming. NFR! got 17m streams in the first day and Chemtrails 10m. NFR! end up with 71m streams in a week. Chemtrails has 28m so far. 

giphy.gif

Just now, Marius said:

It's doing probably the same in terms of physical copies but worse when it comes to streaming. NFR! got 17m streams in the first day and Chemtrails 10m. NFR! end up with 71m streams in a week. Chemtrails has 28m so far. 

If I remember it right, NFR had four singles before release (one of them Doing Time, a small radio hit) and COCC only two. COCC's first single was released five months before the album, and NFR's first single something like 10 months before. Thats why the number seem alright to me.

Just now, kitschesque said:

I WANT DOWNATTHEMENINMUSICBUSINESSCONFERENCE TO BECOME A BIG TIK TOK TREND SO BAD

Lana would lowkey love it :party:

Your mind... i’ve been seeing it pick up hopefully it becomes a thing

Excuse the long post! I never really posted my opinion on the album, and wanted to share that now.

I really like the album, though I can't hear why Lana mentioned it was like NFR's little sister. I don't think they're sibling albums at all tbh! 

I really liked how Chemtrails kept with an overall theme of her singing about the seasons as a symbolism for her age. White Dress blew me away because it was so confronting. (I can see why she felt uncomfortable with the track)

That lyric of her singing that Summer(youth) is almost gone.:icant: It's the ultimate goodbye to a certain stage of life.

The title track is a smooth continuation of that WD theme. I like the song too, it's aged quite good for me! It almost sounds better than when it released.

TJF, it's like my/our new stripper anthem. idk, the vibe it puts me in is beyond! :grinds:

LMLYLAW is still pretty to me, but it sidetracks from the overall theme imo. Would have worked better with NFR.

Wild at Heart is one of my favorites ngl. I just love how it makes me feel! And I love that it samples How to Disappear! It's almost like a response to that song, a positive one!

DBJAG is great, I love that it gives me LFL vibes.:smile4:

NAWWAL is gorgeous. It's in my head everyday. It just puts me in a beautiful green field of my own mind.

YOSEMITE!!! From winter to Spring, and Spring back to Fall :sadcore6: This song I feel like it's misunderstood a lot, especially by the locals. I was saddened to hear people wonder why Lana said it was too happy because it sounded sad to them.

Yosemite really tells me the story of why she said that. The song really explains to me that she's finally accepted the fact that her youth is done. She's in another mature phase of life. But that's a great thing, because with this acceptance, comes a great comfort and happiness that one could not achieve during our youth(summer) years.

As for the rest of the album. It took me two weeks to love BUS and for Free. But I got there. DTWD is so lovely.

Overall I like the album, and atm enjoy it more than NFR. In comparison, NFR was a bit of a random themed album.  Which isn't a bad thing, but I like a good theme.

Chemtrails is not the summer vibes that I wanted, but it's something that I know I'll hold close to myself whenever I need to take a walk alone and connect with my own thoughts. Very much looking forward to RCS album!:gurl::heart:

Also, For Free grew on me so hard! The intro alone is pure sunshine!

6 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

@Lentilus that was beautiful :xcry:

I never made the connection between Summer and youth. And how that overall theme connects in Yosemite. :crying4:

Omg, for real! That Summer(Youth) connection murdered me when I first listened to WD. Yosemite cured my death though :smile4:

Just now, Lentilus said:

Omg, for real! That Summer(Youth) connection murdered me when I first listened to WD. Yosemite cured my death though :smile4:

I’ve never fully made the connection :crying4:

I always thought of it as more as a transition into who she is now..

The first 4 albums (and unreleased songs) are all about summer 

“hot summer night”

“mid July”

“keeping it hot, like July forever”

to VB venturing more into “the summer fades away” which I can now totally connect with her youth. 

"Don’t forget me"

2 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

“hot summer night”

“mid July”

to VB venturing more into “the summer fades away” which I can now totally connect with her youth. 

Exactly! VB was the first steps into realization of it being okay that youth  is fading! And it all comes back to Yosemite, and Lust for Life. The fact that Yosemite was created, basically on the fly, means that Lana must have already been thinking about this transition into the next phase after youth. But in her LFL era, she just wasn't there yet. Idk, it's the most logical connection that really stuck out for me. The human experience is so complex and beautiful. :cryney2::trisha:

lol, this album is definitely going to be another Honeymoon on streaming. especially with it being her least radio-friendly album (along w/ Honeymoon) and her releasing a follow-up so quickly. we should just be happy it's been well-received both critically and commercially so far, and not expect another 1B streams. just being realistic.

18 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

“hot summer night”

“mid July”

omg. this is hitting... I never connected this before. I just turned 30, so I feel this to my core... "Summer... summer's almost gone..." :poordat: :crai: :eartha2: :cryney:

18 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

lol, this album is definitely going to be another Honeymoon on streaming. especially with it being her least radio-friendly album (along w/ Honeymoon) and her releasing a follow-up so quickly. we should just be happy it's been well-received both critically and commercially so far, and not expect another 1B streams. just being realistic.

Rock Candy Sweet is coming for 30 on Metacritic and 3 billion streams. :ma:

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, Poor Stacy said:

omg. this is hitting... I never connected this before. I just turned 30, so I feel this to my core... "Summer... summer's almost gone..." :poordat: :crai: :eartha2: :cryney:

Let's all breakdown! Honestly surprised not more people made the Summer(Youth) almost being gone, connection. I'm 28, so my dumbass is feeling all sentimental n shit.:magikarp: