Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Just now, Surf Noir said:

when we discovered the song titles "dark but just a game", "not all who wander are lost", & "dance till we die" for the first time... such a special moment <3

that was so fun 

everyone using "Yes to Heaven" showing up in Shazam as a way to "disprove" the song titles especially Yosemite, us searching for the mysterious 12th or more track, and then the reality sept in that there really were only 11 tracks 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, Contemplating God said:

that was so fun 

everyone using "Yes to Heaven" showing up in Shazam as a way to "disprove" the song titles especially Yosemite, us searching for the mysterious 12th or more track, and then the reality sept in that there really were only 11 tracks 

the disbelief of yosemite being a part of the album in general :trisha: honestly i feel like people didn't react that strongly, people were pretty chill with it, you would think we'd all freak the hell out :omfg2:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

i’ve only listened to lana on spotify and followed her on instagram since like 2014 and just the past month joined lanaboards and followed fan accounts and getting into the whole leaked songs and stuff etc and i have some questions;

1) who is boz?

2) why does he know everything?

3) won’t lana and others involved get mad that he leaks stuff or do they allow him to?

scream-at-ride-by-lana-del-rey-g6hzk2dd4

Just now, wildflowerwildfire said:

i’ve only listened to lana on spotify and followed her on instagram since like 2014 and just the past month joined lanaboards and followed fan accounts and getting into the whole leaked songs and stuff etc and i have some questions;

1) who is boz?

2) why does he know everything?

3) won’t lana and others involved get mad that he leaks stuff or do they allow him to?

boz, or blackoutzone, is an insider who mostly posts info on atrl, i don't really know the rest, but hopefully that's a start

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

My main hope for the unreleased tracks is that they have the same lyrical integrity as what she’s been writing under lately—even if that means updating them a bit:dua:

I’m also really interested to see what changes she makes production-wise to the songs we’re already familiar with (if any).

What songs does everyone else expect to have adjustments on—whether lyrically or sonically?

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

1 minute ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

My main hope for the unreleased tracks is that they have the same lyrical integrity as what she’s been writing under lately—even if that means updating them a bit:dua:

I’m also really interested to see what changes she makes production-wise to the songs we’re already familiar with (if any).

What songs does everyone else expect to have adjustments on—whether lyrically or sonically?

i definitely think she'll adjust living legend because the versions we already have are still quite rough in their production/mixing, i can hardly imagine how gorgeous & regal it'll sound with full-fledged, album-ready production & mastering! :party: 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

2 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I hope Living Legend and Nectar of the Gods are updated. Thunder and especially Cherry Blossom are fine if they stayed the same as they are.

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i definitely think she'll adjust living legend because the versions we already have are still quite rough in their production/mixing, i can hardly imagine how gorgeous & regal it'll sound with full-fledged, album-ready production & mastering! :party: 

1 minute ago, Contemplating God said:

I hope Living Legend and Nectar of the Gods are updated. Thunder and especially Cherry Blossom are fine if they stayed the same as they are.

literally same for both! I think there’s a ton of room to make them both sound a bit more “full,” and I’m especially interested to see how LL ends up sounding!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Just now, filledcroissant said:

Are we gonna hit 2k pages before we get a release date? Fingers crossed

at this point we're gonna hit 2k pages before arcadia is released :oprah3: also, btw, boz basically confirmed that the album will be out by early october

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

I take back all of my slander against Living Legend earlier, I was listening to the wrong version :oprah2::bebe:

Yeah, this album is going to be a masterpiece

Just now, benririchardson said:

lol I have actually never heard living legend (sorry) so im going to keep it that way so it feels fresh yasss

it's such a heartfelt & sweet song, i think you'll love it <3

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

Literally all of the songs confirmed on the tracklist (that we’ve heard) are among my favourite songs EVER. ALL OF THEM! And they are objectively among Lana’s best compositions. I’m dying to hear this record LOL, I already know it’s going to be a magnum opus upon first listen. :flutter:

I'm going to get in an accident or something when I blast Thunder in my car :oprah3: reminding myself of Lana's reckless driving era

I saw that the unreleased songs were probably not reworked, and I’m honestly a bit sad about it. She could’ve at least re-recorded them with her current voice. It’s gonna be so strange to hear 2020/2021 vocals alongside 2013/2014 vocals on the same album :/ We’ll have to wait and see if it breaks any of the album’s cohesiveness. I’m still super excited for it, though! She included some of her best unreleased songs ever

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~