TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

I'm sure there are ways this girl could have released music by now if she really wanted to. I get it's her craft but she also owes something to the loyal fans she's been misleading for years simply by giving them so much false hope. If she leaked the album by now for free/released it independently under a different name (if that's the loophole for her record contract) then I'm sure that would've actually prompted shitty Capitol into moving forward with something once she received rave responses from fans and music sites, or at least for them to drop her so she can sign a deal with someone who gives her much more artistic freedom! She has the reputation to do it and spread the word... who cares about the industry process by waiting on release dates (that never come) and doing the whole tired single 1 single 2 album formula and getting music video budgets Sky, just put your fucking music out there and that'll come later!!!

1 hour ago, Ceremonials said:

how many cry baby songs are we missing, i know cherry bomb and cobra are the big ones that i'm sure no one even has...

I think Cherry Bomb, Cobra, Ditch That Bitch, Overplayed, Catch Me If You Can, I Want Blood, Untouchable (Final Mix), Touch the Sky are the titles that come to mind now. But for sure must be many more missing Cry Baby songs. Some we don't even know about.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

LMAOO Capitol Records is now blocking people who asks about Sky Ferreira on their twitter replies...

We will never get that album..

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

Sky is really going through a difficult time now with the label, it's not exclusively her fault. We know she's a perfectionist and she's mislead us a ton of times in the past, but we'd have to be delusional to think that she doesn't have something ready after all those years.

Of course she could release something right away, that is: if it was something the label approved of, and we know this relationship is BAD since Sky and Capitol have been fighting for like 12 years.

okay, yes, the label treated her badly in the beginning of her career but, please, anyone give me a single valid reason why would the label hold her from releasing music? it made sense back in the day when they wanted her to be the next pop sensation, but now? it's not like her songs are supposed to smash on the charts anyways and the label probably knows that. why would they hold her hostage like this? THEY EVEN PPROVED DOWNHILL LULLABY WHICH IS SUCH A WRONG SONG TO APPEAL THE GP (if that's what the label wanted) :toofloppy:

so idk, i'm skeptical. there must be something else with the label going on.

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

12 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

okay, yes, the label treated her badly in the beginning of her career but, please, anyone give me a single valid reason why would the label hold her from releasing music? it made sense back in the day when they wanted her to be the next pop sensation, but now? it's not like her songs are supposed to smash on the charts anyways and the label probably knows that. why would they hold her hostage like this? THEY EVEN PPROVED DOWNHILL LULLABY WHICH IS SUCH A WRONG SONG TO APPEAL THE GP (if that's what the label wanted) :toofloppy:

I could say they are just having internal issues (they as in Capitol + Sky), they must disagree so bad in something. As you said, it clearly is not that they don't want her to release this or that fearing it wouldn't chart, but I don't know what that could be. It makes no sense and it gets more and more frustrating every time :crossed: it's just evident both parts are involved, but it doesn't make sense.

I don't know what her contract is, but there could be something in there that keeps her from releasing music and them from releasing her from the label.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

36 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

My guess: Since record deals are just a loan you have to pay back before starting to make any money, they invested in her pop stuff at the beginning of the career and she didn't make that money back, then she decided to switch to an alt sound which isn't appealing to the general public, and they didn't want to support that since it won't make them the amount of money they want, she probably shaded the wrong ego and she is being shelved till she is too old to have a career. Basically they don't want to pay for production, promo, videos and releases cause it won't make money and she fucked with the wrong people who are holding grudges against her. And probably there is something in her 500 pages contract that is forbiding her to speak out and explain what is happening. You don't want to mess with the rich people 

2 hours ago, Jord said:

Sky is really going through a difficult time now with the label, it's not exclusively her fault. We know she's a perfectionist and she's mislead us a ton of times in the past, but we'd have to be delusional to think that she doesn't have something ready after all those years.

Of course she could release something right away, that is: if it was something the label approved of, and we know this relationship is BAD since Sky and Capitol have been fighting for like 12 years.

I think the label have been difficult because she wants more then what’s possible and finicially profitable. She isn’t Rihanna exactly, so nobody is going to invest in her. She just needs to put out whatever she is allowed to.  I think most of it is Sky’s problems that are getting in the way. Labels want artists to tour as it makes money and she hasn’t been able to do so…so why allow an artist to release music who can’t support it. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

It’s true that Capitol probably doesn’t expect singles from the album to be smash hits, but please Sky does have her appeal.

The girl managed to go #1 on the iTunes Store within minutes after NTMT was released and her stuff is always positively acclaimed by numerous magazines and music websites. Capitol isn’t $tupid, they know that. If Sky releases something that is bomb, even after all these years, it won’t be the next “We Belong Together” but it will still be successful.

36 minutes ago, Doja Cat said:

My guess: Since record deals are just a loan you have to pay back before starting to make any money, they invested in her pop stuff at the beginning of the career and she didn't make that money back, then she decided to switch to an alt sound which isn't appealing to the general public, and they didn't want to support that since it won't make them the amount of money they want, she probably shaded the wrong ego and she is being shelved till she is too old to have a career. Basically they don't want to pay for production, promo, videos and releases cause it won't make money and she fucked with the wrong people who are holding grudges against her. And probably there is something in her 500 pages contract that is forbiding her to speak out and explain what is happening. You don't want to mess with the rich people 

THISSSSSS

I agree with you 100%

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

2 hours ago, Jord said:

It’s true that Capitol probably doesn’t expect singles from the album to be smash hits, but please Sky does have her appeal.

The girl managed to go #1 on the iTunes Store within minutes after NTMT was released and her stuff is always positively acclaimed by numerous magazines and music websites. Capitol isn’t $tupid, they know that. If Sky releases something that is bomb, even after all these years, it won’t be the next “We Belong Together” but it will still be successful.

Maybe she refuses to make something that is bomb and trendy, I mean look at the DL, the risk is there, and they probably prefer to invest money in artists that will obbey and make whatever they think will make them as much money as possible. 

13 minutes ago, Jord said:

Exactly, like, Guardian, Don't Forget and Descending, these songs would be enough to create a good hype to Sky even after almost a decade.

Pitchfork would be such a helpful ally to Sky at this point, they love her

1 minute ago, KimKaDAB said:

Pitchfork would be such a helpful ally to Sky at this point, they love her

The cover story they did with her for nothing to celebrate the release of Downhill Lullaby and tell another lie about Masochism coming that year was one of their best. THOSE VISUALS

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

19 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

I think Cherry Bomb, Cobra, Ditch That Bitch, Overplayed, Catch Me If You Can, I Want Blood, Untouchable (Final Mix), Touch the Sky are the titles that come to mind now. But for sure must be many more missing Cry Baby songs. Some we don't even know about.

I think I Want Blood was actually recorded after Cry Baby. :P

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

2 hours ago, Doja Cat said:

Maybe she refuses to make something that is bomb and trendy, I mean look at the DL, the risk is there, and they probably prefer to invest money in artists that will obbey and make whatever they think will make them as much money as possible. 

I am sure she refuses it cause it doesn’t represent her. Otherwise she’d just have released Cry Baby in 2011 and it would be the best electropop album in existence. 

Edit: sorry for the double post, multiquote didn’t work.