TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

9 hours ago, 111 said:

pfft she is such an ungrateful brat it makes me furious, just because ntmt was acclaimed she thinks she is some hot shit and deserves millions of budget but still wants her image and videos to look "lofi indie low budget heroin chic"... she is so fucking inauthentic. feeling entitled to that whole style to the point of shading nobodies for being inspired and rehashing it. but refusing to shoot a video on an iphone even though dozens of artists from lana to selena to gaga shot videos on an iphone. her entire musical style and persona is a shtick. she still remains that spoiled brat. if u want to be that girl then you have to accept that ur label isn't going to pour all their money into you. they dont trust u cause u are untrustworthy. if u don't like it then start making tiktok ready radio fodder. she thinks she is a fucking genius. pitchfork and her fans gassed her up so much over a mediocre album a decade ago. she thinks she doesn't have anything else to prove... girl that was a decade ago!!

her label lets her release whatever she wants whenever she wants as evidenced by dont forget and the many release dates she pulled out of her ass cause she couldn't fucking be done with that video and in the end the song came out and the video is still nowhere to be seen cause she isn't happy with it and cant be arsed. her saying "i feel like a 10 year old" in that interview. yes girl you behave like one. 

This is what I don't understand. Why hasn't she just form a band and release her music that way? Or create a fake name as a stage name for her music? Surely Capitol can't stop her can they? Unless in the contract she signed it said speciafically that she can't release music outside Capitol. 

Perhaps Sky is too hard headed and stubborn to want to use another name or make a band.

I just don't get it. 

giphy.gif

i understand the necessity for locking the thread every now and then but some of you act like there's not a single person here that is capable of having a reasonable, on topic conversation. hand out warning points to people that are deserving and let the rest of us spiral in peace. there is nowhere else i can go to discuss this sorry excuse for a music career.

that being said, it's fun to talk about for sure but at a certain point you have to get tired of wiping egg off your face. it's been a decade, give it up to god. i am here for leaks :hooker:

"you have 20 years to write your first album and 6 months to write your second." :ma:

9 hours ago, The Love Witch said:

This meltdown…chile.

It's not her fault she accidentally released the best indie/alt girl album aside from BTD.

I like the album but the ghost EP was much better-

NTMT has highlights like title track, not the one etc but it’s also not really that unique or lyrically great. 

I’ve seen it be compared to TR and Pure heroine before but I honestly think True Romance decimates both quality wise.

6 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

NTMT has highlights like title track, not the one etc but it’s also not really that unique or lyrically great. 

I’ve seen it be compared to TR and Pure heroine before but I honestly think True Romance decimates both quality wise.

none of them can pass Pure Heroine.

Just now, melodrama said:

If we’re comparing sequels-Melodrama takes the cake but True Romance has these :defeated:

you've got a diamond desire
Gonna step into the blue fire
Touching your lips with my skin
I'm on another level
I can't let go
Sat in the garden of sin, like an angel with the dirty wings
Tainted by tastes of the soul, this is another level
I need to know

[Chorus]
Why am I deep in black roses?
Dateless doses
I'm falling victim to black roses
Black roses, black roses
I'm falling victim to black roses

I am just crushed in the velvet
My heart is locked in a box
I am still sinking in black skylines
But now I want it to stop

[Pre-Chorus]
I’m sailing high but I can't see
I’ve been pushed around, up and down in a cloud
And I can't breathe
I’m falling down, down to my knees
You've gotta let me go, you've gotta help me out
You've gotta set me free

the fact 10 FUCKING YEARS literally passed since her debut….. and we got TWO songs in 10. ten. t e n. years……

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

1 hour ago, evalionisameme said:

Please…Night Time My Time was totally ahead of its time and while I agree that there are a few good songs on Ghost, they can’t touch the cohesive masterpiece that is NTMT. That album was THE perfect mix of angsty punk mixed with 80s pop. It was fantastic.

1 hour ago, melodrama said:

One of the most overrated and boring albums. There I said it!

1 hour ago, The Love Witch said:

Please…Night Time My Time was totally ahead of its time and while I agree that there are a few good songs on Ghost, they can’t touch the cohesive masterpiece that is NTMT. That album was THE perfect mix of angsty punk mixed with 80s pop. It was fantastic.

One of the most overrated and boring albums. There I said it!

But the style had been done before-

The cure was making music like this in the 80s :toofunny:  both the pop and punk parts. 
You could argue perspective given that she’s a woman doing the sound but even still.

Pure Heroine atleast came with the Lana wave and gave a more realistic perspective on teen issues whilst being inspired.

4 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

But the style had been done before-

The cure was making music like this in the 80s :toofunny:  both the pop and punk parts. 
You could argue perspective given that she’s a woman doing the sound but even still.

Pure Heroine atleast came with the Lana wave and gave a more realistic perspective on teen issues whilst being inspired.

And?

She released an album like that with a modern twist in 2013. None of her peers or anyone else made music like that back then. It was a bold move especially since her label constantly tried to push her into the synth pop niche. 

Pure Heroine got the roses that Born to Die should have gotten. Lorde has a few good songs, I'll give her that but her discography as a whole isn't ALL THAT and she rightfully fell off with album #3.

12 minutes ago, The Love Witch said:

And?

She released an album like that with a modern twist in 2013. None of her peers or anyone else made music like that back then. It was a bold move especially since her label constantly tried to push her into the synth pop niche. 

Pure Heroine got the roses that Born to Die should have gotten. Lorde has a few good songs, I'll give her that but her discography as a whole isn't ALL THAT and she rightfully fell off with album #3.

I love Lana but Born to Die aged like milk, everything is great about it except the production-the drums sound really fake and the production is tinny overall.

Its still an album I can appreciate especially because I loved it at the time but Aka was the better debut in retrospect.

Blue Jeans and video games are outliers to this weirdly with strong producing.

I never liked Solar power so won’t comment

On 5/25/2022 at 10:24 PM, Forgotten said:

album pre-order with don't forget release yup yup yup i can feel it :bebe:

:xgiggle: I was ready to fight anyone who didn't believe that album finally coming. And here we are :xgiggle: 

Ground Toyota, you're nothing. Halsey i'm on you're side now

lately i've been thinking that probably she's just in denial, scared that this will be her last album ever so she's refusing to put something out "that's not up to the standard" but in reality she's just unconsciously postponing it so that her career "never comes to an end".

There will always be a music video to edit, songs whose mixes need to be perfected, a soon-to-happen tour to sort out, an album cycle that will eventually start but not just yet... What's crazy about this "10 year delay" is that the majority of night time my time was technically written in just a couple of weeks with sky's own money and rushed due to pressure from the record label and yet it has all this critic acclaim backing it up and she sure feels proud of the final outcome 

28 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

I love Lana but Born to Die aged like milk, everything is great about it except the production-the drums sound really fake and the production is tinny overall.

Its still an album I can appreciate especially because I loved it at the time but Aka was the better debut in retrospect.

Blue Jeans and video games are outliers to this weirdly with strong producing.

I never liked Solar power so won’t comment

It did age a little but overall it still didn't age nearly as much as Lorde's album.

BTD was meant to have a bit of a hip hop vibe. It's clearly not supposed to be as organic as Ultraviolence but it's a cohesive yet varied sounding album. The fact she even bothered to tie songs from entirely different recording sessions together through Emile's cinematic, yet modern production is the reason she is still here.

I agree the album is overplayed at this point but saying that it aged like milk is just not true.