TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

All she has to do is be honest. Not surprised she’s ranting a g a i n and giving vague reasons. The fans she has left should do themselves a favor and stop hyping her and themselves up when she makes her next promise and focus on enjoying other people’s work. It’s a waste of time at this point. Being honest with yourself- whatever the problem is is the first step toward getting better. I hope she does that soon because her having that mindset is not going to change her situation for the better.

So yes I believe the album has been done and re-done already, just like all the versions of Night Time My Time before... you know... the official. But this is really odd and I feel that this time around she has been doing everything on her own without any support of the label from the start, and this can cost a lot. It would explain all the random ADS, Magazines, Film Roles and everything she did. 

a lot of the artists I listen to are independent and have to pay for everything they do, the difference is that she's been telling us "it's coming"/"soon" since 2014, I'm honestly getting tired I'm still stanning her, of course, I'm just....tired.

giphy.gif

posted this on ATRL so may as well post here. I did a timeline of this entire mess when I was bored the other day and reading about Masochism delays  :rip:

October 29th - Sky Ferreira releases her long-awaited debut album Night Time, My Time.

November 21st - In an interview with Billboard, Sky announces that she is already working on her sophomore album and describes its sound as "heavier"and "a blend of everything". The same night, she debuts Guardian at a concert in LA.

November 30th - Sky shares a snippet of the Guardian demo on Instagram and announces that she will release it "next year" alongside a video directed by Grant Singer. (This never happens)

December 22nd - Sky posts on Instagram that she is "anxious/ready" to start making her second album.

February 10th - via Twitter, Sky announces that the name of her sophomore album begins with an M.

April 6th - Sky updates her Instagram bio to include 'Masochism' alongside 'Night Time, My Time', fuelling speculation that it is the name of her upcoming sophomore album. She later confirms this on Twitter.

May 11th - Sky tweets that a new song/film directed by Grant Singer will come out in the summer. (This never happens)

June 3rd - Via Instagram, Sky announces that Guardian is coming out in the summer and shares another snippet. (This never happens)

July 2nd - Sky posts a drawing by Lucas David on Instagram and captions it "Masochism #2016, Guardian coming this summer". (This never happens)

October 6th - Sky makes an Instagram post confirming that she is still working on Masochism and to have patience.

December 15th - Sky makes an Instagram post stating the first song from Masochism will be released in early 2016. (This never happens)

January 1st - In a New Year's post on Instagram, Sky states that we will hear new music "this year". (this never happens)

February 16th - In an interview with Dazed Magazine, Sky announces that she is still recording Masochism but that it is due for release in the summer. (This never happens)

September 22nd - Sky posts her Playboy Magazine covers on Instagram and calls them a "visual introduction" to Masochism.

October 22nd - In an Instagram post, Sky says she is making music in her hotel room.

November 25th - Sky tweets that she "can't wait" to put out music.

December 9th - Sky tweets that she can't wait to "put out/make music without having to spit blood", suggesting label drama.

January 31st - Sky posts an image of the Capitol Records building on Instagram, captioning it "glue yr wigs", suggesting an imminent release.

March 21st - Sky tweets that her album is "starting to shape up quite nicely" inside of her head.

July 17th - In an Instagram post, Sky states that she is working on new music quietly and that people above her are responsible for the lack of new music but that these problems are being solved and she is planning on making and putting something out "soon".

September 13th - In another Instagram post, Sky announces that she is putting out new music "very soon", although it is not Masochism.

October 20th - Sky mentions that she is in a mixing session in an Instagram post.

November 4th - Via her Instagram Story, Sky says that she is not currently well enough to release Masochism but that new music and a video are coming "extremely soon".

November 20th - Sky tweets that she is ill and can't put out a tonne of music all at once because she doesn't feel well enough to promote and tour it.

December 11th - Sky posts on Instagram that new music is coming within 60 days. (This never happens)

December 19th - Via her Instagram story, Sky once again affirms that new music (a series of songs, not Masochism) is coming out "really really" soon in early 2018. (This never happens)

December 21st - Track Records posts an open letter to Sky asking her to release new music, to which she replies that new music is coming "this winter". (This never happens)

December 22nd - In an interview with The FADER, Sky announces that she still does not feel well enough to release a full album and that she is instead putting out a "heavily visual" EP that will begin to be released in February or March "for sure". (This never happens)

December 23rd - In a reply to a fan demanding music on Twitter, Sky states that she is releasing new music "very soon".

January 10th - Sky posts an image on Instagram and announces that it is the first official photo from her upcoming music release.

April 10th - Sky announces that she is finally mixing Guardian (4 years after first performing it live) via her Instagram story.

June 6th - In a long post on Instagram, Sky announces that new music is "finally happening" and that she is waiting for the official release date (presumably from her label) before announcing her single(s), suggesting a double release.

July 6th - Via Instagram, Sky states that she is putting the finishing touches to her first two singles and writes "Masochism, finally", suggesting that the EP has been cancelled.

July 30th - In a reply to a fan asking about Masochism on Twitter, Sky says that the first single involves "a fire baptism".

September 26th - On her Instagram story, Sky shares an image of files and states that she is listening to each singular track in order and making notes on them before properly arranging and finishing them.

September 30th - Sky confirms via Instagram that Guardian will have a separate release after she puts out brand new music, although she is still writing songs and is not sure of Masochism's final tracklist yet.

October 10th - On her Instagram story, Sky writes "it's being made" and puts the location as Capitol Records, suggesting Masochism is finally on its way.

November 5th - On her Instagram story, Sky announces that she has finally finished her first single in almost five years.

November 14th - Sky posts on Instagram "this winter... it is official!"

November 17th - In a reply to a fan asking about Masochism on Twitter, Sky tells them that her first single comes out "this winter" although she is still waiting for the official release date due to label technicalities.

November 18th - Sky replies to another fan on Twitter and tells them that new music will be released before March.

As of 30th January 2019, Masochism remains unreleased and there is no official release date for any singles or the album itself genericsmile.gif

https://twitter.com/skyferreira/status/1072482794553688069

five years?

giphy.gif

Her first album was so GOOD. What a shame. 

Did she scrap it? She was talking about it on her Instagram story earlier.

i remember she answered a comment on instagram saying the song isn’t on masochism anymore. that she imagines it as a standalone single, but she didn’t want to release it before the new music, so yeah it’s dead

Fiona Apple made people wait 7 years between albums, but idk if she played games with her fans like S** does

She didnt

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Smh 99.9% of the questions Sky has answered on her Instagram Q&A are un music related or at least not related to her own work. She’s deliberately not answering us when we ask valid questions about what we really want to know about. Bitch I don’t care if you still haven’t got your sketcher boots fixed I wanna know if you got your wig snatcher ready...

What really upsets me about Sky is that she could be putting out a lot more music if she truly wanted to. She claims she doesn’t have support from her label constantly and mostly blames it on them, well look at people like Charli XCX who has stated a numerous amount of times that the delay of her 3rd album is all her labels doing as they don’t think there’s enough hype around her to drop an LP, regarding all the statistics and market research etc. HOWEVER, she doesn’t just leave her fans with nothing but empty promises and 3 second Instagram snippets of potential bangers (talking about Sky), she makes sure to record and drop an EP, 2 full length mixtapes, and about 5 singles since its release. The mixtapes which she herself tweeted and confirmed are clearly her follow up albums but disguised as “mixtapes” so her label doesn’t bother her or stop her from releasing anything. THAT BEING SAID, I do realise they’re different people and have different contracts and blah blah blah, but I truly think she is not pushing it or making things happen because SHE DOESNT WANT TO. Maybe she will deliver in the next few months, I hope to God she does because she’s my favourite artist of all time, but we’ve been let down too many times and the false hope we’re always given is absolutely disrespectful for fans who’ve stuck with you since 2010 and all you’ve released is literally 1 album in that time (disregarding EPs and singles and collabs here). I remember in like 2016 she posts an IG photo of the NTMT music video with a caption like “next week we’ll be starting where we left off” or something very similar, and I was so stupidly happy thinking she was confirming next week you’ll have the first single WHICH IS WHAT IT SOUNDED LIKE AND LOOKED LIKE AND SMELT LIKE AND FELT LIKE AND TASTED LIKE...BUT IT WAS A LIE. I’m sorry. Also, it doesn’t take somebody 4/5 years to make a second album, I don’t care what their creative process is it absolutely doesn’t take that long, and if she claims it does then that means she’s clearly not a very good artist because how can it be that hard to come up with 10 or 10 songs. Jesus you think she’d be making the Sagrada Familia of albums for the length its took. Also the difference between other artists who’ve had large gaps between albums (Marina, Vamprie Weekend, etc.) is that it’s not their second album!!! It’s like their third or fourth or fifth...

She's a compulsive liar, after Masochism is released (I know funny joke, it's not gonna happen) I think her fanbase will shrink tbh. I think we are all still here cause we have made it this far with her promises and might as well see it through for the music but don't think many people, myself for one, can deal with another album cycle from her (or 7 years of broken promises and bitching on insta)

I agree that once I get Masochism and the NTMT remixed/reissued/remastered, I'll be able to put things to rest. It's really been such a long and torturous journey and the music will definitely be the reward. I know masochism will be a great album, I'm not concerned about that. But for sure, after it's out and I see her on tour, I'll be over "following" her. She's not gonna be someone who releases regularly anyways.

Sky Ferreira / FKA Twigs / Lana Del Rey / Charli XCX / Angel Olsen / Bat For Lashes / Selena Gomez / Roisin Murphy / Hannah Diamond / Rihanna