TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

I don't even know why I haven't changed my profile pic or anything related to Sky, maybe I'm just lazy or whatever...

Bitch is a fucking genius, but her work ethic is shit.

She is sitting in at least a hundred songs she could release to tied us over for the last 7 years as eithers mixtapes, eps or one off singles.

Won't get excited about anything until it's out, I know I'll love anything she releases (no stupid collabs pls with random indie guys).

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

2 hours ago, Roger said:

I don't even know why I haven't changed my profile pic or anything related to Sky, maybe I'm just lazy or whatever...

Bitch is a fucking genius, but her work ethic is shit.

She is sitting in at least a hundred songs she could release to tied us over for the last 7 years as eithers mixtapes, eps or one off singles.

Won't get excited about anything until it's out, I know I'll love anything she releases (no stupid collabs pls with random indie guys).

Tbh I don't think she has collabs with random indie guys, but such a fact that she DELIVERS when she releases. I can't help but hoping she will somehow manage to release her album in Q3 of 2021. I will never stop wondering WHAT does keep her from releasing things. I really wonder if her label actually doesn't want her to release anything.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

Sky doesn’t release her music because she never seems to be really comfortable about the work to come up with something cohesive. Masochism was meant to be released AGES ago and many songs she’s confirmed for it are like 5 years old.

Let us all forget about the “problems with the label” bullshit. Did Sky have problems with EMI? YES, but in the past. They were marketing her as the next Britney, the “hurricane Lolita” and etc. and Sky’s never been comfortable with it. But this situation has been long gone. EMI spent millions on Sky, specially on productions with Bloodshy & Avant, so of course they were trying to make her release some of that stuff. But the label has nothing to do with keeping her work on hold anymore.

Sky is definitely going to serve, Sky is absolutely brilliant but her career is an incredible JOKE. As a huge fan, I can’t even understand how she managed to stay relevant (at least on the internet) after all this years.

1 hour ago, Jord said:

Sky doesn’t release her music because she never seems to be really comfortable about the work to come up with something cohesive. Masochism was meant to be released AGES ago and many songs she’s confirmed for it are like 5 years old.

Let us all forget about the “problems with the label” bullshit. Did Sky have problems with EMI? YES, but in the past. They were marketing her as the next Britney, the “hurricane Lolita” and etc. and Sky’s never been comfortable with it. But this situation has been long gone. EMI spent millions on Sky, specially on productions with Bloodshy & Avant, so of course they were trying to make her release some of that stuff. But the label has nothing to do with keeping her work on hold anymore.

Sky is definitely going to serve, Sky is absolutely brilliant but her career is an incredible JOKE. As a huge fan, I can’t even understand how she managed to stay relevant (at least on the internet) after all this years.

she's not relevant for positive reasons, she's seen as a bit of a joke because of her consistent failure to release/do anything

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

2 hours ago, Jord said:

I think the problem may be her vagueness and lack of transparency,  it’s obvious she has serious physical, mental and drug problems, which have significantly hampered her ability to make music. She should have just come out and said ‘ I have these issues I’m working on , I don’t know when the album is coming it may take some time, I’m just going to drop it when it’s ready and not make any promises before that’.

Instead she’s made endless dubious claims and confused comments. It’s really her own doing. She also acts like an A list musician where release dates matter and people care about her personal life. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

14 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I think the problem may be her vagueness and lack of transparency,  it’s obvious she has serious physical, mental and drug problems, which have significantly hampered her ability to make music. She should have just come out and said ‘ I have these issues I’m working on , I don’t know when the album is coming it may take some time, I’m just going to drop it when it’s ready and not make any promises before that’.

Instead she’s made endless dubious claims and confused comments. It’s really her own doing. She also acts like an A list musician where release dates matter and people care about her personal life. 

making serious allegations without any evidence or knowledge ....you are gross 

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

it's so exhausting stanning her... there's a bunch of artists who have the same 80s rock vibe she has in her music and do it 10x better so i can't even think of her anymore without getting angry. i hope she's okay and all that but it's so sad that the only songs we've had since 2013/2014 are.... Guardian, a lq version of I Pray for Rain, Voices Carry, and Downhill Lullaby. she's a joke. i'm sorry, but it's the truth. she's a fucking joke. she makes fiona apple's release schedule look decent. 

other artists/bands you can listen to that have sky's vibe of music instead of listening to this lady who releases every 500 years

- Cocteau Twins
- Fiona Apple (for those who love I'm On Top)
- Garbage/Shirley Manson
- Kate Bush (Running Up That Hill was a Sky Ferreira song before Sky Ferreira, Hounds of Love is a masterpiece of an album)
- Kimbra (I don't know much about this girl, however my friend showed me some of her songs and they remind me of Sky if she was more inspired by Prince)
- Metric (SPECIFIC ALBUMS: every single one of them except Old World Underground, Where Are You Now? as it's a bit too punk for this genre)
- My Bloody Valentine (SPECIFIC ALBUMS: Loveless, some songs from it remind me of a lot of NTMT songs)
- The Smiths (How Soon is Now reminds me a lot of the songs from NTMT)
- Stevie Nicks/Fleetwood Mac
- The Stone Roses
- Tears for Fears
- 'Til Tuesday (Sky covered Voices Carry, however they have a lot of great songs)

and before you come at me saying "STOP COMPARING WOMEN!!" i'm merely stating the alternatives to a girl who hasn't released since the immaculate conception.

30 minutes ago, LiFELiNE said:

she makes fiona apple's release schedule look decent. 

I was going to point out that you listed Fiona Apple "instead of listening to this lady who releases every 500 years" and then I read this. Accuracy.

But yeah, stan Ms. Apple, her catalogue is impeccable.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

3 hours ago, HEARTCORE said:

didn't sky say multiple times that she was sick for a very long time and that's why she couldn't perform/release songs? she must had some physical problems then. we don't have proof to say she has a mental health problem but at the end of the day she has confirmed to be a compulsive liar and it doesn't take a genius to guess she took some drugs in her life <3 love her tho

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

3 hours ago, HEARTCORE said:

We do have evidence though are you blind? She’s said it herself several times but not clearly. She had an ‘operation’ has stated she has an ‘undisclosed health problem’ she has bad mental health and has been caught with drugs.  I can go and find every comment and reference but I’m not going to waste my time when you should already know all this. 

9 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

didn't sky say multiple times that she was sick for a very long time and that's why she couldn't perform/release songs? she must had some physical problems then. we don't have proof to say she has a mental health problem but at the end of the day she has confirmed to be a compulsive liar and it doesn't take a genius to guess she took some drugs in her life <3 love her tho

Exactly 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

I just cant give up on her because You’re Not the One and Everything is Embarrassing are two of my favorite songs EVER.

And I Pray for Rain is literally my song of the year, i just cant believe she’s just sitting on it.

Getting that covers ep by Christmas would be a dream come true but i know better than to get my hopes up. 

8 minutes ago, michellebranch said:

„Legends“ leaked

Thank you! 

Please don't ask for links or share here.

dbree it ;)

The song is ok imo, nothing spectacular.

Was this song doing the rounds with traders?

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

1 minute ago, Mind Melt said:

the song is fine. glad things are starting to leak, no shade but it’s what she gets for all these broken promises over the years 

agree, I believe this song would've BIG along with Guardian and I Pray for Rain back in 2015, now it kinda sounds dated-ish.

HAHAHAHA not someone uploading this Nasty Cherry song as Sky's in dbree https://dbree.org/v/25f11a

Don't get me wrong, i'm happy to hear a newly leaked track but...one leak is not enoutgh to make up for all these years of waiting for literally anything from her, i hope  more stuff continue leaking