TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

I think this I Pray for Rain leak kinda... a bless but also a curse.

I really want new music out but not this way, she leaves us no choice.

I'd really appreciate at least Voices Carry on the Digital Platforms

& Guardian too (it's like her best song and it doesn't deserve to be left this way)

I wonder if Downhill Lullaby's alternative version will see the light of the day

& Guardian's mv too...

I’m so confused as to why she doesn’t just drop singles here and there. It’s not like she expects them to perform well or be smash hits or something. It’s very weird... I doubt her label actually holds her back. I think she holds herself back for some reason (god knows why). And it sucks because the leaks are so good idgi. 

25 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

I’m so confused as to why she doesn’t just drop singles here and there. It’s not like she expects them to perform well or be smash hits or something. It’s very weird... I doubt her label actually holds her back. I think she holds herself back for some reason (god knows why). And it sucks because the leaks are so good idgi. 

this is what confuses me, she's gonna get a total of 5 streams per song so why wait

i love you, but you don't understand me.

She's a perfectionist and everything with Capitol feels like... Limbo. I know most of the jokes are "There's no album lol" but I think it's more likely that she does have a thousand demos sitting around and just can't finish\don't feel they're good enough or something alike. Just like the "Alternative Version" of Donwhill Lullaby felt like she was just unhappy with the final released mix and so on. And, from this perspective, I can see the Label going insane with a huge amount of money going on knowing that the profit of the album itself will be minimum. It's an endless cycle.

Of course it's just speculation, but it's the picture painted in my mind for some time now. I think she's talented as hell, no doubt, and it must be hard to try to keep your vision and art safe, managing everything and presenting it exactly as you intended, especially with god knows how many executives behind it.

Yeah I def think the lukewarm reception of Downhill Lullaby probably had her second guessing things. But this recent leak and the song she performed at Pitchfork (Descending I think?) are so good it’s such a shame they aren’t officially released yet. And her excuse to not release songs yet is so weird. Like she can easily do things remotely and artists are filming music videos again so... she’s literally fumbling her career so hard. 

She said she only pulled Downhill Lullaby because she wanted to make a music video for it (and, again, probably some label fuckery that sounds like "Label will give me budget for lead single video only so let's make the most while at it tehehee") and because she was confident her "pop singles" wore ready and would be fine later. She teased "Don't Forget" straight after and then "Descending" was performed live, both way more commercial and clear.

Then whatever happened and we got no singles, no music video, no alternative version. That's all.

24 minutes ago, DinahLee said:

She said she only pulled Downhill Lullaby because she wanted to make a music video for it (and, again, probably some label fuckery that sounds like "Label will give me budget for lead single video only so let's make the most while at it tehehee") and because she was confident her "pop singles" wore ready and would be fine later. She teased "Don't Forget" straight after and then "Descending" was performed live, both way more commercial and clear.

Then whatever happened and we got no singles, no music video, no alternative version. That's all.

Yea, she's been teasing Don't Forget since the snippet stories post on IG & on the caption of the Voices Carry cover.

+ the Sky Ferreira Returns Pitchfork's article when Downhill Lullaby was released

DON'T FORGET and DESCENDING are cleary the double single she's been talking about.

But let's not forget that, apparently she was going to release them before the decade ends 

and then because they were not "christmas songs", they pushforward. 

And then she had to recover from a surgery.

And then the pandemic thing & the world decided to open a hell mouth... so this is now's excuse (which particularly, I totally respect).

But she's going to shoot mv/shoot the art cover & want to do lives. + she's aiming for 2020 (according to her ig comment replies)

So we'll just have to wait and see. 

9 minutes ago, DownhillLullaby said:

Yea, she's been teasing Don't Forget since the snippet stories post on IG & on the caption of the Voices Carry cover + the Sky Ferreira Returns Pitchfork's article when Downhill Lullaby was teased

She's actually been teasing Don't Forget since like 2015-2016, back when it was called ''Fire''. 

I guess I'm just gonna secretly complain about Masochism falling into the dark again, after Sky says nothing about the I Pray for Rain leak :xcry: 

Or about anything at this point.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

1 hour ago, True Bromance said:

I did my own album cover of Masochism and tought some of you might like it:

https://imgur.com/a/4yOdbUD

OMG this is particularly good! I just would correct her name, as it says "Sky Ferrera" instead of "Sky Ferreira", but the concept is really cool :D 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2: