TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

she waited until the last day of March to post a teaser. I wouldn’t doubt she would make us wait until last day of April to post a release date. That’s if it isn’t scrapped yet. Hopefully the death threats don’t get to her and she’s decides to postpone it again due to her health.

If she really delayed it to May and doesn't put out any announcement, then she (and we as a fanbase) would not be ready for the utter mess. No new release and another hundred essays from 111, sounds like a nightmare.

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

1 minute ago, Lonely Planet said:

she waited until the last day of March to post a teaser. I wouldn’t doubt she would make us wait until last day of April to post a release date. That’s if it isn’t scrapped yet. Hopefully the death threats don’t get to her and she’s decides to postpone it again due to her health.

That sounds exactly what is going to happen. Scrapped I highly doubt it. 

Honestly, I was excited but not anymore. I'll be again when I see it in my library. 

2 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

If she really delayed it to May and doesn't put out any announcement, then she (and we as a fanbase) would not be ready for the utter mess. No new release and another hundred essays from 111, sounds like a nightmare.

I won't protect her again

She better be ready

41 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

how can it be delayed when she never announced a date in the first place. This “out like a lamb, in like a lion” crap is just a load of garbage. In like a turtle sounds more like it.

9 minutes ago, Lonely Planet said:

how can it be delayed when she never announced a date in the first place. This “out like a lamb, in like a lion” crap is just a load of garbage. In like a turtle sounds more like it.

its been delayed since 2015:scoff:

1 hour ago, DownhillLullaby said:

Honestly, I was excited but not anymore. I'll be again when I see it in my library. 

retweet :true:

i still love the music but after 10 years of the BS i just don't have the time and energy anymore

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

https://dbree.org/v/506263

to whoever posted this, the last 3 second snippet (3:58-4:01) is a cover of Tamaryn's "Hands all over Me". Is that really how much she shared of it? Such a great song. If it exists, I hope we ever get to listen to the full thing.
(BTW, Tamaryn wrote most of the songs from Masochism, Jorge produced them, so this record will be basically a Tamaryn record sung by Sky)

As to people recommending Hatchie, yeah, she's fucking amazing, and has her own patreon where she shares covers and demos and also premieres stuff in advance (music videos, singles, etc).

https://www.patreon.com/hatchie

And to people saying Hatchie is stealing her sound... You can check her previous releases, she is so fucking talented Robin from Cocteau Twins remixed Sure, and Jorge Elbrecht offered to HELP her produce this album (Giving the World Away). The album was mainly written and produced by her and her husband, and then when proposed to her label (Secretly Canadian) Dan Nigro and Jorge liked it so much they wanted to step in. The girl is crazy talented and references particular sounds from different eras in such a perfect mix... She's amazing. I really do recommend you all to give her a listen. My favorite songs are Sure, Stay With Me, Without a Blush, Quicksand, Lights On, Don't Leave me in the Rain, The Key and Til we run out of air. 

Also her covers are fucking fantastic

20 minutes ago, Ceremonials said:

I'm so happy sky and tamaryn are on better terms again. we probably wouldn't be getting a single or album at all if they weren't 

I hope Sky and Mike Dean are in good terms too bc I really want to hear what they did together

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

9 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

were they in bad terms?

I heard a long time ago that they had some creative divergences, also he's no longer the executive producer of the album, but when someone asked Mike on twitter to show some snippets of Masochism he said that it was up to Sky, so it's kinda inconclusive

Janelle Monáe • Sky Ferreira • Grace Jones • Spellling • FKA twigs • Kate Bush • Kylie Minogue • Charli XCX • Carly Rae Jepsen • LOOΠ∆ • Red Velvet • Janet Jackson 

13 hours ago, Lonely Planet said:

girl how do you know anything if Sky doesn’t even know shit. Sit down and stop trying to work the fans up into believing something else is coming. 

You need to take it down a notch lol, in what way would it benefit me if y’all waited or not for her music? The same friend I’ve mentioned before was kind enough to tell me she’s booked something that I thought to be a good sign a release is coming (it’s not another festival). If Sky herself isn’t keeping y’all in the loop I thought I’d at least try to, but I guess it was a mistake if it’s just gonna make people more impatient. You don’t have to believe it if you don’t want to but there are teams doing things behind the scenes for her, it goes beyond it just being Sky and her unreliable self.