sheโ€™s our modern day fiona applesย 

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

6 hours ago, EXODUS said:

Time to vote girls...ย 

ย 

Best pre As If! single:

- Obsessionย 

- One

Allย collapsesย :true:ย I'll always adore Cry Baby era Sky even if some of y'all areย haters

โœง ๐•ช๐• ๐•ฆ ๐•’๐•ฃ๐•– ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•– ๐•ก๐•™๐•’๐•Ÿ๐•ฅ๐• ๐•ž, ๐•—๐• ๐•ฃ๐•–๐•ง๐•–๐•ฃ ๐•š๐•Ÿ ๐•ž๐•ช ๐•™๐•–๐•’๐••ย โœง

53 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

sheโ€™s our modern day fiona applesย 

The main difference being Fionaโ€™sย label was actually sabotaging herโ€ฆ it wasnโ€™t just in her mindย ย :lmao:

Donโ€™t make me get dark on you, baby

ย 

Iโ€™ll go darkโ€ฆย 
หšสšโ™กษžหš

everyone trying to rationalize sky's actions by comparing her to artists who more or less are not doing what sky has done

lauryn hill has been fairly lazy in releasing but she did have 2 albums with a band, plus 2 solo albums & a fair amount of singles, although she definitely channeled sky when it came to live performing

fiona was actually just sabotaged by her label for her first 3 albums, and since then it's pretty much been her taking her time to make an album but she hasn't been teasing or anything she just goes off the radar until it's done - and the albums are usually better than sky's and you can tell she worked hard on them :bebe:

sky is just lazy and blames it on capitol so she can save her ass just admit it to yourselves :oprah3:

ย 5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

7 hours ago, DinahLee said:

There's no way she'd ditch the 80s vibe when her whole vibe is rooted on that. I don't jugde by the recent songs because everything sounds unfinished and God knows how long they've been going around.

ย 

24 Hours is top3 recorded music!

I honestly think NTMT title track and sad dream/Ghostย are her best tracks- I actually donโ€™t hear the โ€œheavierโ€ evolution with masochism songs.

ย 

Most of the songs sound like NTMT upgraded- Hurt by you and finders keepers/ Woods are the 80s influenced โ€œfunk/RNBโ€ tracks in the vein of everything is embarrassing(the backbeat on that song).

ย 

The rest stem from Title Track( Downhill) or playing into the distorted electro/lo fiย rock sound ala descending.ย 

You canโ€™t base your entire legacy off a legacy decade as it isnโ€™t her own โ€œsoundโ€ like she thinks.

1 hour ago, the ocean said:

everyone trying to rationalize sky's actions by comparing her to artists who more or less are not doing what sky has done

lauryn hill has been fairly lazy in releasing but she did have 2 albums with a band, plus 2 solo albums & a fair amount of singles, although she definitely channeled sky when it came to live performing

fiona was actually just sabotaged by her label for her first 3 albums, and since then it's pretty much been her taking her time to make an album but she hasn't been teasing or anything she just goes off the radar until it's done - and the albums are usually better than sky's and you can tell she worked hard on them :bebe:

sky is just lazy and blames it on capitol so she can save her ass just admit it to yourselves :oprah3:

yeah no,ย i was joking haha thatโ€™s why i called her โ€œfiona applesโ€. what is true is thatย sky wishes to be fiona appleย 

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

8 hours ago, the ocean said:

obsession is the best one, although it's still just fine
one is like ironically good
17 is not good no matter how you look at it

ย 

Ironically good because she was kind enough to let us know how many albums will be released by her throughout her career.ย 

ย 

And here we are being stupids expecting her to release a second album when she was clear back in the day:

ย 

ONEย 

ONE

ONE

ONE

ONEย 

(ONE TWO THREE FOUR shelved albums)ย 

Hikaru Utadaย โ€ข BANKSย โ€ข Rina Sawayamaย โ€ข Aly & AJย โ€ข MARINAย โ€ข Bjรถrkย โ€ข Kate Bushย โ€ข Marion Ravnย โ€ข Carly Rae Jepsenย โ€ข
Hilary Duffย โ€ข Charli XCXย โ€ข The Cardigansย โ€ข Mitskiย โ€ข Phoebe Bridgersย โ€ข Allie Xย โ€ข Caroline Polachekย โ€ข Meg & Dia โ€ขย Dia Framptonย โ€ข Olivia Lufkinย โ€ขย Poppyย โ€ข Grimesย โ€ข Melanie Martinezย โ€ข Lana Del Reyย โ€ข Bat for Lashesย โ€ข Ayumi Hamasakiย ย โ€ข Paramore โ€ข Hayley Williamsย โ€ขย Evanescence/Amy Leeย โ€ข ACOย โ€ข LIGHTSย โ€ข Alexz Johnsonย โ€ข Avril Lavigneย โ€ข Florrieย โ€ข Flyleaf/Lacey Sturmย โ€ข Tove Loย โ€ข Sky Ferreira โ€ข HANAย โ€ข Daineย โ€ข Foxesย โ€ข CHVRCHESย โ€ข Lorde

Thought Id share my masochism tracklistย quickly-Im happy with it:

ย 

1.The Woods

2.Hurt

3.One way to heaven

4.Descending

5.Babys on Fire

6.Downhill Lullaby

7.Voices carry

8.Guardian

9.Prayย for Rain

10.Easy

11.Finders Keeper

12.Dont forgetย 

ย 

Her best work-slaps better than Ghost or NTMT-thank you Sky.

ย 

I tried to structure it about a breakup, then an unhealthy relationship with yourself and then not giving a sh*t and acceptance of yourself.

ย 

29 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Thought Id share my masochism tracklistย quickly-Im happy with it:

ย 

1.The Woods

2.Hurt

3.One way to heaven

4.Descending

5.Babys on Fire

6.Downhill Lullaby

7.Voices carry

8.Guardian

9.Prayย for Rain

10.Easy

11.Finders Keeper

12.Dont forgetย 

ย 

Her best work-slaps better than Ghost or NTMT-thank you Sky.

ย 

I tried to structure it about a breakup, then an unhealthy relationship with yourself and then not giving a sh*t and acceptance of yourself.

ย 

ย 

i dont understand how ppl actually like HURT, doesnt even fit the whole atmosphere of the album. babys on fire is good but is mostly instrumental so far.ย 

6 minutes ago, letterblue said:

Guardian is so good. thatโ€™s first single material imho. what happened?

she stopped caring for it i fear :ohno:ย 

the song is really really good - it could've been an amazing single

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

Just to sum up, at first she said Masochism would be darker than NTMT; then she said it would actually be inspired by power ballads from the 80s, bringing us Guardian, and maybe Legends and All My Lovers Die; after that she said it was an electronic album, inspired by witch house, what was kinda a lie bc there's nothing of witch house, and probably is when most songs with Rahki were made; during the downhill promo she told about the heavy strings and orchestral vibe; and now she's with this polished noisy synthpop, but All My Lovers Die and Innocent Kind kinda deviate from this...

ย 

There's at least 5 masochisms at this pointย 

2 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

she stopped caring for it i fear :ohno:ย 

the song is really really good - it could've been an amazing single

Her mom said Sky loves that song so much, I don't think is 100% dead yet

Janelle Monรกe โ€ข Sky Ferreira โ€ข Grace Jones โ€ข Spellling โ€ข FKA twigs โ€ข Kate Bush โ€ข Kylie Minogue โ€ข Charli XCX โ€ข Carly Rae Jepsen โ€ข LOOฮ โˆ† โ€ข Red Velvet โ€ข Janet Jacksonย 

22 minutes ago, imStiflersMom said:

ย 

i dont understand how ppl actually like HURT, doesnt even fit the whole atmosphere of the album. babys on fire is good but is mostly instrumental so far.ย 

Baby is a cover-thats how the song is meant to be...doubt she was gonna rework it lol.

ย 

Hurt does fit the album-its in the same vein of Finder keepers and The woods-NTMT didn't fit on that album sonically either or I blame myself but you find a way to make it work.

Legends And the other song(I always? something) sound like unfinished scraps to me so I figured they were goners.