TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

On 1/7/2023 at 9:59 PM, Coloringbooks said:

I wasn't a fan during that time, but Sky used to post a lot of songs/demos for free on Myspace. She also leaked the full Dynamite State on SoundCloud in 2011, and those were just gifts for the fans.

It's really a shame she never used her SoundCloud again after Voices Carry like she said she would. And she's literally only released 2 official solo singles since 2013, like– would posting ancient pre-Masochism stuff or scrapped tracks from the album really hurt anybody? I'm sure so many people would love and appreciate if she did. 

Yeah I still stand by this... we need a SoundCloud revival if we're not getting official releases from her. 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

Music you could be listening to instead of sky ferreira:

Deftones

Tamaryn

Hatchie

Cocteau Twins

Hole/Courtney Love

Garbage/Shirley Manson

No Doubt/Gwen Stefani

Metric

Paramore

Jack Off Jill/Scarling.

The Birthday Massacre

Siouxsie and the Banshees

1 minute ago, Masquerade said:

y'all really need to be bombarding her with questions in the comment section so she'll finally snap and give a real answer for once

She’s been doing this for 10 years, the most you can expect is a reflection on the label and how they have sabotaged her- the answer you’re looking for will never be gotten.

It's just hard because the industry has done so much scamming to these artists who have sold millions of Cds, and payments owed and net money having to be divided. But it's now the streaming era, so it's hard to wonder why said label wouldn't want these songs to be released :poordat:- I know people like Kim Petras has mentioned rejection of material multiple times (Republic :runs:), but are they not aware of her "sound"?!? The material has been tracking to NTMT/grungey sound. Just let her release the MID material for streaming and get a concert schedule in place for cult fans :rollin:. Or fund writers to make a tiktok hit for her and have her compromise on artistic vision- but then she shows LATE to venues. Neverending madness of lies and industry webbing. Sky Ferliah