imalbertgrr

The Clusterfuck Thread

OMG this thread.

That would be quite interesting. The only other artist that I listen to who has done such a song is Regina, and it's beautiful.

This song is about the lead singer's grandparents falling in love in the Holocaust and was originally called "Treblinka", probably not your thing but thought I'd promo.

WAIT

Perhaps i should have said a few more things about the idea for a thread like this when i made my initial suggestion. First of all, i myself have never liked the “Insignificant” part of the title, so i wouldn’t be opposed at all to removing that. Maybe “Smaller” Questions rather than “Insignificant” questions? Or “General” Questions? Second, i think a thread like this could only work for the sort of one-off questions related to Lana that will either yield a quick answer (if anyone has it) or will just fall by the wayside (because it has no answer), making one less dormant thread just sitting around. The point is to just have a place to drop in for quick little GENERAL questions that have probably been answered already and are unlikely to create a long discussion. I guess some discretion would be required there.

Examples:

“What was that interview where Lana mentioned ______?”

“What’s Lana’s brother’s name?”

“What was the name of that boarding school Lana went to?”

“Does anyone know where Lana recorded Sirens?”

You know, stuff like that.

Things that wouldn’t really work for this thread:

--Any questions about very specific topics that already have a home somewhere on the forum (for example: each song has its own thread in the lyrics section; photo shoots have their own threads; unreleased/demo songs have their own thread, so questions pertaining to those things could still be directed to those existing threads).

--Open-ended type of questions that are a matter of opinion. Eg: “Who do you think has the stronger voice, Lana or Adele?” or “What if Lana went on SNL again?” Those sort of questions spark long, on-going discussions, and have nothing to do with anything factual and have no place in a thread like this.

I don’t know, perhaps a thread like this doesn’t even make much sense with an artist as relatively new as Lana, who doesn’t have that much info even known about her. I took this idea from a forum dedicated to a group that has been around for 50 years and has a slew of actual historians who are walking encyclopedias of knowledge on the subject. So my bad, maybe it's just a half baked idea for this forum.

I just wanted to make a suggestion for the kind of thing that happened yesterday, and that i see happen a lot from time to time, where a new person just comes into the forum and starts creating threads for minor questions that HAVE been answered here before, and then the forum just ends up cluttered and unmanageable. Also, i don’t want to be held responsible for this thread being created too hastily, and for having a bunch of wayward threads suddenly dumped in here and pissing people off because HDB is thread-merging-happy :P

EDIT: Also, merging existing threads is clearly not working because it's mixing up different posts from different threads so that this thread doesn't have any flow!

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Alcoholic and heroin addict, dropped a lot of acid, arrested for public indecency/ profanity.. basically lived a very destructive, chaotic life and didn't give a damn what anyone thought...which led to his death at 27

I'm sorry, I'm too lazy to look threw all of this thread. who are you talkig about?

FEET DON'T FAIL ME NOW. TAKE ME TO THE FINISH LINE.

Also, i don’t want to be held responsible for this thread being created too hastily, and for having a bunch of wayward threads suddenly dumped in here and pissing people off because HDB is thread-merging-happy :P

Sorry, I wasn't trying to blame you or anything. I also only merged the first two threads into here, I don't know who merged the other 2 or 3, so if anyone is getting annoyed at the clusterfuck of a thread this has become, it's not my fault.

14417469274.gif

Guest Maru the Cat

Sorry, I wasn't trying to blame you or anything. I also only merged the first two threads into here, I don't know who merged the other 2 or 3, so if anyone is getting annoyed at the clusterfuck of a thread this has become, it's not my fault.

Believe me, we have already established that

tumblr_mcz2u72rlf1qibxp4o2_r1_400.jpg

is responsible for this clusterfuck of a thread.

Guest Maru the Cat

How in God's name are we to keep this organized????

We're not. I'm debating locking this right now...

Oh my god, it’s kind of awesome to scan through this thread from the beginning, as it makes everyone seem like they’re totally out of their mind, like mental patients sitting in the hospital common room, blurting out non sequiturs or, like, trying to carry a conversation with the wall.

:lmao:

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Add some black humor about literally getting a piece of ass off a hooker and get Monicker to say "The Interzone is weird" and this thread is basically "Naked Lunch".

Don't shoot the apple off my head, I'm just the messenger.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

lana's voice is shit compared to adele's....just adding to the clusterfuck

More like a mindfuck, actually :whoopi:

I find Adele's voice pleasant, but tiresome. I appreciate her on an intellectual level, like Barbara or Celine, but nothing really draws me in like the magic of Lana/Lizzy's voice.

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

More like a mindfuck, actually :whoopi:

I find Adele's voice pleasant, but tiresome. I appreciate her on an intellectual level, like Barbara or Celine, but nothing really draws me in like the magic of Lana/Lizzy's voice.

i love both of them but lana could never sing like adele, lana's voice cracks on a regular basis while performing live, adele can actually hold notes.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

i love both of them but lana could never sing like adele, lana's voice cracks on a regular basis while performing live, adele can actually hold notes.

That's true, the magic is really in the studio recordings. I still wonder if Lana would sound better live today if she dropped the "Lana" affectations, if that makes any sense.

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

That's true, the magic is really in the studio recordings. I still wonder if live Lana would sound better today if she dropped the "Lana" affectations, if that makes any sense.

well, she said she lowered her voice because people weren't taking her seriously so maybe that's why she has problems with singing live because she has to keep her voice that low.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.