Fluorine

Songs & Musicians Similar to Lana Recommendations Thread

Oh Yes Chris Isaak ! I am such a huge fan.

And you all did know that Lana is a huge fan of him too ? She said in an interview that she listens everytime to Wicked Game.

I can't stop think about the similarities between Wicked Game and Blue Jeans. The water , the song . 

Its like Blue Jeans is a modern version of this classic.

I am a huge fan of Chris, too. He's my favorite male singer. But actually, I do prefer to say, Chris Isaak & Silvertone are my favorite band.

By the way: I even attended the Brussels concert last year (the video), and might dance on stage with him and his epic band.

Did you see him at Berlin - Tempodrom in 2010? My first CI&S concert ...

Would love to get a duet: Chris & Lana! :flutter:

I am a huge fan of Chris, too. He's my favorite male singer. But actually, I do prefer to say, Chris Isaak & Silvertone are my favorite band.

By the way: I even attended the Brussels concert last year (the video), and might dance on stage with him and his epic band.

Did you see him at Berlin - Tempodrom in 2010? My first CI&S concert ...

Would love to get a duet: Chris & Lana! :flutter:

No I discovered him through Lana in 2011 . She tweeted the Wicked Game lyrics.

I fell in love with the song. 

No I discovered him through Lana in 2011 . She tweeted the Wicked Game lyrics.

I fell in love with the song. 

Ah! Hope you'll give his other songs a change, too!? :D

I have all of his records + DVDs and saw him live 2 times - have been a fan since 2006.

In the meantime I have to say 'Wicked Game' is one of his weakest songs + videos ever.

This guy is so much better than 'Wicked Game' especially his faster Rocksongs are brilliant.

But it's cool you like him ... :flutter:

Ah! Hope you'll give his other songs a change, too!? :D

I have all of his records + DVDs and saw him live 2 times - have been a fan since 2006.

In the meantime I have to say 'Wicked Game' is one of his weakest songs + videos ever.

This guy is so much better than 'Wicked Game' especially his faster Rocksongs are brilliant.

But it's cool you like him ... :flutter:

I really like the records Forever Blue and Heart Shaped World. I have them in my iTunes. 

Awhile back on her current Facebook account, Lana mentioned Lily Holbrook's "Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt." I finally listened to it, and it's really a gorgeous album! Holbrook is more overtly feminist imo, but "Make Them Wonder" really reminds me of Lana. ("Well they're all fucked up on the American dream / Who are they to call me obscene")

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

I really like the records Forever Blue and Heart Shaped World. I have them in my iTunes. 

AMAZING!!! :party:

You have style, girl!

'Forever Blue' is a great CD, love the song 'Things go wrong'.

To me, 'Mr Lucky' is his best album ever. (Release 2009)

Damn, that guy is so hot ... :flutter:

AMAZING!!! :party:

You have style, girl!

'Forever Blue' is a great CD, love the song 'Things go wrong'.

To me, 'Mr Lucky' is his best album ever. (Release 2009)

Damn, that guy is so hot ... :flutter:

I guess I prefer his older stuff. 

I just can say a thousand times how much I love Wicked Game , Dont Make Me Dreaming About You , This Is The End Of Everything and You Changed Your Mind and Forever Young. I love his voice .

He waaaaaaas hot.

By the way did you received my PM ? 

I guess I prefer his older stuff. 

I just can say a thousand times how much I love Wicked Game , Dont Make Me Dreaming About You , This Is The End Of Everything and You Changed Your Mind and Forever Young. I love his voice .

He waaaaaaas hot.

By the way did you received my PM ? 

Die Message, die Du mir geschickt hattest, um Dich zu bedanken wegen dem Poster? Yepp, die hab ich bekommen, und eigentlich hatte ich die auch beantwortet! Ist nichts angekommen bei Dir?

--------------------

Met a lot of CI fans who say they like his older stuff. I love it all, but prefer his newer songs if I had to choose.

He was hot? To me he becomes hotter and hotter with every new year ... ;-P

'Dont make me dream about you', I love the video - black n white one, really sexy!

Die Message, die Du mir geschickt hattest, um Dich zu bedanken wegen dem Poster? Yepp, die hab ich bekommen, und eigentlich hatte ich die auch beantwortet! Ist nichts angekommen bei Dir?

--------------------

Met a lot of CI fans who say they like his older stuff. I love it all, but prefer his newer songs if I had to choose.

He was hot? To me he becomes hotter and hotter with every new year ... ;-P

'Dont make me dream about you', I love the video - black n white one, really sexy!

Sie ist gerade angekommen  :blush:

Yes I always prefer the older stuff when it comes to older artists like him , they are often better. 

I don't know if you guys ever heard of Gemma Ray - I think her music bears some resemblances to Lana (and not because of the "Ray" :) ). She's pretty cool live too.

Never heard of her before but I really like it.

Flood and a Fire & Rescue Me - amazing. Thanks for this!

I've found old Stevie Nicks demos to be the most like Lana's unreleased stuff.  Young Stevie's tone was almost the same as Lana's and she also repeats certain themes and lyrics throughout.  I've been a huge Stevie fan since HS and the haunting quality of most of Lana's stuff really got to me in the same way.

For some reason I cannot post videos on here :( But check out "Forest of the Black Roses" and "No Light."

Hm, can't remember others, but i notice some similarities between Lana and Nicole Dollanganger. The lyrics and the sweet voice reminds me of Lana, but most similarities with the unreleased ones and the May Jailer Album. Listen to Ugly. And the Lana song it most reminds me of Nicole is You're Gonna Love Me. Love them :')

Thank you x10000 to whomever said Mazzy Star! I am listening to them now and its like a void in my soul is being filled.  :worship:  :worship:

I'm gonna check out the other suggestions when I get done being blown away. 

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

i saw cat power live in 2001 and she was mesmerizing but so awkward onstage...lana is a showgirl in comparison! but they both show how the focus should be on the voice ♥

i love this song of hers (it's a cover, actually, but she made it her own), and i think it's kindred to UV's vibe: