Beach House

Jeff Buckley

Joan Baez

60s-70s Cher

Lizzy Grant era is reminiscent of bits and pieces of Bob Dylan's discography

El Perro Del Mar

The Radio Dept.

Wild Nothing (dreampop sound)

Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon is very UV-esque. There's also a bit of Fleetwood Mac, Eagles (circa Hotel California), and Beach Boys in it.

This is a thread where you can ask for recommendations of artists/songs/albums similar to Lana or similar to one of her songs/albums.

I'd like to start by asking for similar songs to NFR title track. I love this song, its melody, the piano and the vocals. What else would I like?

10 minutes ago, YourGirl666 said:

I'd like to start by asking for similar songs to NFR title track. I love this song, its melody, the piano and the vocals. What else would I like?

RVhKIwP.gif

11 hours ago, YourGirl666 said:

This is a thread where you can ask for recommendations of artists/songs/albums similar to Lana or similar to one of her songs/albums.

Jonathan by Fiona Apple, siren song by bat for lashes, pretty good year by Tori Amos, the art teacher by Rufus wainwright, the bed by st vincent, coffee homeground by Kate bush, the devil by pj Harvey. 

none of these are “like” NFR exactly but all feature piano, excellent melodies and beautiful vocals, and some have a similarly propulsive cadence as the piano in NFR imo. 

aOaIzH2.gif

3 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

'Mariners Apartment Complex' and 'Love Song' :)

Fade Into You by Mazzy Star and Exist For Love by Aurora give me that dreamy wavey psychedelic vibe

5 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

'Mariners Apartment Complex' and 'Love Song' :)

for love song, saint jude by florence and the machine? i’m not very good at stuff like this, where things are based on similar vibes, but both are quite calm and slow and comforting for me :)

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

18 minutes ago, YourGirl666 said:

Fade Into You by Mazzy Star and Exist For Love by Aurora give me that dreamy wavey psychedelic vibe

Omgggggg I thought you were asking for recs lmao, I didn't see you were quoting me :icant:

14 minutes ago, CmonDownToFL said:

has anyone found anything similar to West Coast?? :defeated: even a crumb???
Nothing ever comes close to this absolutely masterpiece

one of my fav songs ever, Secret Door by Arctic Monkeys, has a *little bit* of a West Coast vibe bc of the tempo switch, but its more of a cute / romantic vibe than a cool and sexy vibe like WC has!

from the same album is Dance Little Liar, not quite the same as its mostly downtempo / doesn't have the cool beat switch up, but this song always reminded me of West Coast a bit!

Wq9zHLl.jpg

20 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

one of my fav songs ever, Secret Door by Arctic Monkeys, has a *little bit* of a West Coast vibe bc of the tempo switch, but its more of a cute / romantic vibe than a cool and sexy vibe like WC has!

from the same album is Dance Little Liar, not quite the same as its mostly downtempo / doesn't have the cool beat switch up, but this song always reminded me of West Coast a bit!

Cool I'll give them a listen, I love Arctic Monkeys & tlsp so I'm sure these songs are awesome. Thanks queen!

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

Alexandra Savior has a lot of "Lana-vibes" without sounding like a rip-off. Especially her sophomore album "The Archer" has those cinematic vintage-vibes that Lana is known for

And then there is always Elysian Fields. That's a bit more of "AKA"-Lana vibes

A lot of people here like to compare Lana to Mazzy Star vibes but I think that their lead singer Hope Sandoval's side-projcect "Hope Sandoval & The Warm Inventions" is much more "similar" to what Lana does.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!