Fluorine

Songs & Musicians That Sound Similar to Lana

Let me know what you guys think, because I've been trying to find someone who is similar to Lana, but I haven't been able to find anyone yet that I can really get into yet.

2 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

Is this meant to say something cause it’s blank for me :toofunny: you ate

Lanaboards doesn't work on my phone for some reason like I spent 10 minutes adding links and then they randomly dissappear im going to re add them when I get home from work 🥲

I think there's no artist who is 100% like Lana, also because she changed her style in time, and it's also a question which album you like most, but this ones I would recommend: Angel Olsen, Jesse Jo Stark, Mazzy Star, Mitski, Taylor Swift, Fiona Apple, Suki Waterhouse and Marina

Nostalghia. The production is so close to something like a darker Honeymoon. And the lyrics are very lana-esque. A bit like Ultraviolence. 

Edit: her first album is one I never related to Lana, but her album Imāgo definitely relates (the first video is a single from it), and her B Sides release (second video) as well. I feel like Nostalghia furthers the cinematic production and lyricism I wish Lana had kept up after Honeymoon.

honestly if you are looking for someone similar to 2012-2015 lana, i find anyone who is "similar" just sounds like a shitty copy, but lots of artists are similar to her 2019-2023 sound, 

taylor swift (folklore and evermore albums, also some songs off midnights), suki waterhouse, weyes blood, fiona apple, joni mitchell, bleachers (jack antonoff's band), elliot smith, mazzy star

975879ca71d01ef914728e1d913db9c8ebe35e197a6779948f76453c1c7c3d67249eb70c2144a45946bb601b85b9a0ea979662afb98515387a76cc16

˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

6 hours ago, lanalover99 said:

Let me know what you guys think, because I've been trying to find someone who is similar to Lana, but I haven't been able to find anyone yet that I can really get into yet.

Really depends which Lana era you prefer. I do love trippy, hazy, dream pop, so Cigarettes After Sex and Beach House are two household names in that genre that remind me a bit of Lana’s trippy side . The first Neighborhood albums sound similar to BTD (they both share the same producer). The National has very strong sad lyrics that I also love. Weyes Blood is another excellent singer songwriter with very nice production ( Drew was involved on Titanic Rising). Father John Misty is a bit like the « male Lana » on some of his songs. 

Alexandra Savior! If you like Lana songs such as California, Thunder and Dealer, then I suggest to start with her debut album (Alex Turner, Zach Dawes and James Ford were involved with the production/songwriting).

Her other album The Archer really does give off subtle Honeymoon vibes, it has quite a rich cinematic sound

♡⋆*.⋆ ⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

6 minutes ago, violentvioletsky said:

Alexandra Savior! If you like Lana songs such as California, Thunder and Dealer, then I suggest to start with her debut album (Alex Turner, Zach Dawes and James Ford were involved with the production/songwriting).

Her other album The Archer really does give off subtle Honeymoon vibes, it has quite a rich cinematic sound

yessssss I love Alexandra savior!!!

some of my favourites

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

Hannah Cohen's Pleasure Boy, I actually knew about her on this forum years ago when another user pointed out she sounded a bit like Lana.

Those summer nights seem long ago
And so is the girl you used to call
The queen of New York City

An honourable mention to Goldfrapp's album Felt Mountain. Sonically speaking it has a great mix of trip hop present in Born To Die, the Old Hollywood glamour from Honeymoon, as well as the witchy mysticism from Lust For Life's earlier demos.

♡⋆*.⋆ ⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

i’d say honey gentry’s music is quite similar. but i would recommend marina, fiona apple, melanie martinez, and mitski even though they don’t sound similar imo if you like lana you’ll probably like them to some degree :)

9c2f159f3783d5d514e1aebcfad2d2ff.jpg

you're in the wind, i'm in the water, nobody's son, nobody's daughter... ౨ৎ·゚:*