Rust Dress

Russia’s invasion into Ukraine

4 minutes ago, Ariana said:

Yes, I know Trump said it. But he also implied if he was still the President of the US there would not have been an invasion. It‘s interesting to hear that. And I thought it‘s interesting to hear what you guys think about it…

Donald 'it's not like you've got china on your border' Trump is all talk and no strategy, I wouldn't take what he says seriously. He was in office when China cracked down on Hong Kong and all he did was stand and watch.  

11 minutes ago, House of Balloons said:

Donald 'it's not like you've got china on your border' Trump is all talk and no strategy, I wouldn't take what he says seriously. He was in office when China cracked down on Hong Kong and all he did was stand and watch.  

ok, thank you 

For everyone who speaks German - all updates here:

https://www.zdf.de/nachrichten/politik/ukraine-russland-konflikt-blog-100.html

9 minutes ago, Ariana said:

I wonder if there would have been an invasion if Trump was still the President of the US and Angela Merkel still Germany‘s chancellor. What are your thoughts about it?

Trump would have supported Putin. Merkel said herself that she fully supports what Scholz is doing and says Putin has to be stopped. So I'm not sure it would've been much different.

Btw, Marie LePen of the french right wing party also said she admires Putin. Remember kids, right wing is never the answer. 

That being said I'm glad the German government finally allowed the delivery of German weapons, and also 10.000 tons of fuel if I understand correctly.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

23 minutes ago, Ariana said:

Yes, I know Trump said it. But he also implied if he was still the President of the US there would not have been an invasion. It‘s interesting to hear that. And I thought it‘s interesting to hear what you guys think about it…

Of couuurse not. We would have established world peace, fought world hunger, the climate would've stopped changing, the virus would be gone and America would be great again.

That man :facepalm: 

20230718-113117.gif

The swift ban is officially on the table y'all. Germany agreed to it.

Seems like not only Ukraine is gonna need financial help now but Europe and the USA will have to support each other in the next months... this is gonna have massive consequences, oh man.

But anything is better than war!

20230718-113117.gif

2 hours ago, Ariana said:

trump is one of the biggest scums of the earth.

hour ago

Oil depot in Rovenky of Luhansk region caught fire

They write that netfabaza in Rovenki. It burns well. Well, the huylusha will still bring anything, there is a lot of oil in it, the main thing is that the meat does not end.

Ukrainian military destroyed Russian military column near Sieverodonetsk and foiled infiltration attempt in Rubizhne

The head of the Luhansk Regional State Administration, Serhiy Haidai, said that Ukrainian troops had broken up a Russian column near Severodonetsk. The Armed Forces also prevented the penetration of enemy DRG into Rubizhne.

25+ minutes ago

1 hour ago, BlueINK said:

The swift ban is officially on the table y'all. Germany agreed to it.

Seems like not only Ukraine is gonna need financial help now but Europe and the USA will have to support each other in the next months... this is gonna have massive consequences, oh man.

But anything is better than war!

what will these consequences be?

(again, i apologize for not knowing too much about all of this :eek:)

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

7 hours ago, BlueINK said:

I wonder if Putin is so insane that he genuinely doesn't realize he's already lost everything, or if he knows exactly he's shot himself in the foot but is too proud to admit it? 

I think a combination of both. I think he underestimated how much Ukrainians would resist occupation. He definitely has the Soviet leader mindset in that he thinks people will just shut up and do what he says - and my impression is that this has largely been the case in the past. 

Among my Russian friends, they usually never want to talk about politics and they either shut down the discussion if someone asks, or they make a joke about Putin and then change the subject. People have disappeared or been killed for criticising him, so it's not surprising. 

But with this - this seems like the last straw for many Russians, and I have a feeling that he'd be surprised by the reaction from them. Maybe older Russians feel differently, but many of my friends are posting about this in support of Ukraine and are attending protests, etc. They're not staying quiet and I'm so proud of them, because that isn't without risk. 

Sorry to rant, I've just been thinking about this a lot. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

21 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I think a combination of both. I think he underestimated how much Ukrainians would resist occupation. He definitely has the Soviet leader mindset in that he thinks people will just shut up and do what he says - and my impression is that this has largely been the case in the past. 

Among my Russian friends, they usually never want to talk about politics and they either shut down the discussion if someone asks, or they make a joke about Putin and then change the subject. People have disappeared or been killed for criticising him, so it's not surprising. 

But with this - this seems like the last straw for many Russians, and I have a feeling that he'd be surprised by the reaction from them. Maybe older Russians feel differently, but many of my friends are posting about this in support of Ukraine and are attending protests, etc. They're not staying quiet and I'm so proud of them, because that isn't without risk. 

Sorry to rant, I've just been thinking about this a lot. 

i hope now that things are like this, people will overthrow Putin and things like the Gay purge in Chechnya will cease :cryney2:

half an hour ago :wowcry:

29 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

it would basically cut them off from the global financial market, meaning no international bank transactions. and since Russia is heavily dependent on exporting, their currency will drop even harder and it will fuck up their capital outflow. 

48 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

Consequences for Europe: A total expulsion from SWIFT would mean that virtually all EU-Russia trade would come to a sudden halt. Russia is the EU's fifth-largest trade partner. If this enormous amount of money were to disappear overnight, member states would feel the pain in an instantaneous and painful way. Gas prices would skyrocket, sending consumer bills to impossible highs and forcing many factories to stop production altogether.

Consequences for Russia: If Russia is disconnected from SWIFT the economy will implode, it will be a catastrophe for the Russian economy. And if the major oligarchs are sanctioned, then Putin's own wealth would be wiped out, and would be completely inaccessible. 

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.euronews.com/my-europe/amp/2022/02/25/eu-to-consider-russia-s-expulsion-from-swift-in-third-sanctions-package

That's why this was the last resort. It's not just frightening for Russia...

20230718-113117.gif

3 minutes ago, BlueINK said:

Consequences for Europe:

A total expulsion from SWIFT would mean that virtually all EU-Russia trade would come to a sudden halt.

Russia is the EU's fifth-largest trade partner. If this enormous amount of money were to disappear overnight, member states would feel the pain in an instantaneous and painful way. Gas prices would skyrocket, sending consumer bills to impossible highs and forcing many factories to stop production altogether.

Consequences for Russia: If Russia is disconnected from SWIFT the economy will implode, it will be a catastrophe for the Russian economy. And if the major oligarchs are sanctioned, then Putin's own wealth would be wiped out, and would be completely inaccessible. 

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.euronews.com/my-europe/amp/2022/02/25/eu-to-consider-russia-s-expulsion-from-swift-in-third-sanctions-package

That's why this was the last redort. It's not just frightening for Russia...

its p much a double edged sword, huh?

12+ minutes ago

Russian bombers dropped 2 FAB-100 bombs in Vinnytsia region

Russians dropped two bombs in Vinnytsia region https://pravda.com.ua/news/2022/02/26/7326285/