Rust Dress

Russia’s invasion into Ukraine

God, if you’re not here to support Ukraine just fuck outta here fr…. It’s that simple

we’re potentially on the brink of nuclear warfare, ww3, absolutely devastating consequences GLOBALLY impacting everyone (yes you) bc of Russias decision to launch into war and people really be tryna argue over stupid shit here?

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

10 minutes ago, VioletBunny said:

why did they lose Luhansk/Donetsk? 4million people from that region lost.. why’s that? Oh yeah, it was because of the illegal coup that they were protesting against. That’s 4 million people that had mass support for the previous regime and were protesting against the new regime. 

what did the new regime do about that? Oh yeah, declare them terrorists and launch a multi year long assault on the region. 

You're brainwashed, stop licking Putin's ass. You should be banned from Lanaboards, there's no place for Russian propaganda and the justification of the separatist movements. @Elle @sweetie

2 minutes ago, Writer In The Dark said:

You're brainwashed, stop licking Putin's ass. You should be banned from Lanaboards, there's no place for Russian propaganda and the justification of the separatist movements. @Elle @sweetie

So you’re in support of the initial protests against the 2010 government, but you’re against the 2014 protests of the separatist movement? 

How is it a legitimate government when over 10% of the population is protesting against it and less than 50% are in support of it?

and where is the Russian propaganda?? I’m against both countries here lol.

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

Just to like.. make a comparison. It’s okay to not support the US war in Afghanistan and also not support the Taliban. Just like it’s okay to not support the Russia invasion of Ukraine and also not the Ukraine government. 

13 minutes ago, VioletBunny said:

Just to like.. make a comparison. It’s okay to not support the US war in Afghanistan and also not support the Taliban. Just like it’s okay to not support the Russia invasion of Ukraine and also not the Ukraine government. 

That I guess is true but saying this in a thread about Putin's completely unprovoked war, with people dying and losing their homes, is a little insensitive. You can say that you disagree with a government but it just sounds like you're making excuses for this war. Whatever you dislike about Zelensky kind of has no relation to what Putin is doing because it was never about justice or saving anybody. Putin is a right-wing imperialistic madman. That's the entire background of that war. 

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

1hr ago

3 killed civilians killed in Borodyanka of Kyiv region as result of Russian army shelling

💔In Borodyanka, a Russian shell hit a house: 3 people were killed

According to information, there may be more people in the basement. During the search, the bodies of two more people were found.

https://t.me/irpininteresting/3807

42 mins ago

1 civilian killed as result of Russian army shelling bus in Kharkiv region

In the Kharkiv region, Russian troops fired on a bus carrying civilians, killing one person
https://ukrinform.ua/rubric-regions/3413945-na-harkivsini-rosijski-vijska-obstrilali-avtobus-iz-civilnimi-odna-ludina-zaginula.html

tell me this is true :thumb2:

also an hour ago

Belgium will deploy 300 troops to Romania as part of NATO reinforcement and send machine guns to Kyiv, as Russia pounded targets in Ukraine with artillery and cruise missiles for a third day

Belgium will deploy 300 troops to Romania as part of NATO reinforcements and send machine guns to Kiev, as Russia pounded targets in Ukraine with artillery and cruise missiles for a third day.
https://reuters.com/world/europe/belgium-says-deploy-300-troops-romania-send-machine-guns-ukraine-2022-02-26 

7 minutes ago, BlueINK said:

That I guess is true but saying this in a thread about Putin's completely unprovoked war, with people dying and losing their homes, is a little insensitive. You can say that you disagree with a government but it just sounds like you're making excuses for this war. Whatever you dislike about Zelensky kind of has no relation to what Putin is doing because it was never about justice or saving anybody. Putin is a right-wing imperialistic madman. That's the entire background of that war. 

My point was actually in response to the videos of Ukrainian men being pulled away from their families at bus stops and train stations because they’re not allowed to leave & the tweets encouraging people to donate to the Ukrainian army. 

We should be donating to the Ukrainian civilians who are in distress, not to the Government. I think it’s disgraceful that Ukraine is forcing its civilians to fight this war, when they should be allowed to evacuate. 

14 minutes ago, The Siren said:

tell me this is true :thumb2:

I'm afraid it's the other way around sadly. The Russian government blocked Twitter in their country because they didn't like Russians posting critical stuff on there...

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

1 minute ago, BlueINK said:

I think it's the other way around sadly. The Russian government blocked Twitter in their country because they didn't like Russians posting critical stuff on there...

sadge :(

8 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

some people have really shown their asses in this thread, huh? :eyeroll2:

I honestly didn't think that prioritising individual civilian safety over the protection of Governments would be that controversial. But I guess it is.

6 minutes ago, VioletBunny said:

I honestly didn't think that prioritising individual civilian safety over the protection of Governments would be that controversial. But I guess it is.

ukraine making it's men fight the war isn't ideal, of course, but it's either ukraine fights back, or they let their country be destroyed & blown-up & it's people killed & homeless, so, in that case, i don't think it's the absolute worst thing that's come out of this, you should be supporting the people of that country & think about the fact that thousands of people will be losing their homes & are in danger of being killed by explosions

you also made comments about ukraine's government being illegitimate & also ukraine being a country which somehow excuses nazism which people were quite upset by, i'm assuming those statements must be inaccurate

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

I wonder if there would have been an invasion if Trump was still the President of the US and Angela Merkel still Germany‘s chancellor. What are your thoughts about it?

(I know it‘s a very unrealistic scene but I wish there was an upper age limit and term limits for all politicians worldwide or at least for all heads of state. I am sick of 70/80+ grandpas thinking they can play god whenever they want it.)

8 minutes ago, Ariana said:

I wonder if there would have been an invasion if Trump was still the President of the US and Angela Merkel still Germany‘s chancellor. What are your thoughts about it?

(I know it‘s a very unrealistic scene but I wish there was an upper age limit and term limits for all politicians worldwide or at least for all heads of state. I am sick of 70/80+ grandpas thinking they can play god whenever they want it.)

in the us the minimum age requirement is like 35

3 minutes ago, Ariana said:

trump was complimenting putin's 'genius' and 'savvy' like a couple of days ago... :typewriter: merkel's germany was known as the west's bridge to russia politically, but other than that i think the german reaction would be the same, as in prioritize gas supply while also condemning the invasion. 

Just now, Surf Noir said:

you also made comments about ukraine's government being illegitimate & also ukraine being a country which somehow excuses nazism which people were quite upset by, i'm assuming those statements must be inaccurate

I'm just gonna say this one thing, because I don't want anyone to hate me or think that I'm some awful person but I studied European politics & it's something I'm pretty passionate about. I'm not gonna give my opnions on the illegitimate/nazism thing, but there is an informed basis for both of those opinions (there's a lot of governments that can be considered illegitimate, it doesn't actually mean all too much). The in-fighting of Ukraine is pretty well documented, though. 

Me mentioning them wasn't to like say "Russia isn't all that bad, they're invading this baddy government too". It was specifically to say that nobody should be dying to protect their Government. Like, the Ukrainian President really pissed me off with his "I need ammunition comment". Like, he's not fighting. It's the civilians who are fighting for him. He'll never be in any danger. 

I've been seeing twitter threads about how Ukrainian civilians can help too and I just really don't like it. It's commendable that people are so willing to help, but expecting people to go into the streets and fight against well-equipped Russian troops who have trained for years for this.. it's unthinkable. That story that came out on the first day about those 13 soldiers who refused to give up that island, and were told they'd bombed if they didn't. They all died. What does that accomplish? 

At the end of the day, nobody should die for their country. At all. That's all I'm saying. Please don't think I'm defending Russia in any shape or form.

3 minutes ago, House of Balloons said:

trump was complimenting putin's 'genius' and 'savvy' like a couple of days ago... :typewriter: merkel's germany was known as the west's bridge to russia politically, but other than that i think the german reaction would be the same, as in prioritize gas supply while also condemning the invasion. 

Yes, I know Trump said it. But he also implied if he was still the President of the US there would not have been an invasion. It‘s interesting to hear that. And I thought it‘s interesting to hear what you guys think about it…