Rust Dress

Russia’s invasion into Ukraine

2 minutes ago, House of Balloons said:

that’s so fucked, hope your friends and their families are all okay 

So far, so good. Mainly concerned for my Ukrainian friend who have been in a metro station bomb shelter with her family for the past couple of days. She checks in regularly because she knows everyone is worried. She's really pissed at Russia and NATO, understandably.

This is why regimes like Putin's are so difficult to topple; people feel powerless and scared. You can't change something if you're not even allowed to TALK about it.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

7 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

So far, so good. Mainly concerned for my Ukrainian friend who have been in a metro station bomb shelter with her family for the past couple of days. She checks in regularly because she knows everyone is worried. She's really pissed at Russia and NATO, understandably.

This is why regimes like Putin's are so difficult to topple; people feel powerless and scared. You can't change something if you're not even allowed to TALK about it.

That’s horrible. I can only imagine what she and the rest of the Ukrainians hiding in bunkers and basements must be going through right now, let alone the ones who were given arms to fight back. No one should go through these conditions. There’s truly no coming back from this for Putin and Russia as a whole. 

13 minutes ago, House of Balloons said:

That’s horrible. I can only imagine what she and the rest of the Ukrainians hiding in bunkers and basements must be going through right now, let alone the ones who were given arms to fight back. No one should go through these conditions. There’s truly no coming back from this for Putin and Russia as a whole. 

Yeah I can't imagine how she feels. She and her sister both have their cats with them and they are very worried they will have to leave them if they need to evacuate the metro. They are their BABIES like imagine having your country invaded and bombed and having to leave your home and then you are also told to leave your beloved pet. So obviously very much hoping that they can safely stay where they are or better yet Putin is somehow stopped and everyone can go HOME

22 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

So obviously very much hoping that they can safely stay where they are or better yet Putin is somehow stopped and everyone can go HOME

I think there's a tiny sliver of hope there? If the upper class continues to be anti-war. 

The Russian people (and please correct me if I'm wrong, as you clearly would be more knowledgable, I'm just going by observation), though at mercy to govt propaganda on a lot of their media, are much more sophisticated and worldly than the people of N. Korea, e.g. They have access to social channels, quite a few of them have traveled to other places in Europe (tho that might be a thing of the past, as Russian budget airlines lose landing rights). They also have friends and family in the area that's being bombed. 

Yes there is still a scary amount of control the govt exerts through fear, but I feel like they could lose control of the population very quickly. Espc if the upper classes lead the way. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

8 minutes ago, Mer said:

I think there's a tiny sliver of hope there? If the upper class continues to be anti-war. 

The Russian people (and please correct me if I'm wrong, as you clearly would be more knowledgable, I'm just going by observation), though at mercy to govt propaganda on a lot of their media, are much more sophisticated and worldly than the people of N. Korea, e.g. They have access to social channels, quite a few of them have traveled to other places in Europe (tho that might be a thing of the past, as Russian budget airlines lose landing rights). They also have friends and family in the area that's being bombed. 

Yes there is still a scary amount of control the govt exerts through fear, but I feel like they could lose control of the population very quickly. Espc if the upper classes lead the way. 

Yes, that's my impression - both from my time spent in Russia, and from what I've been told from friends. With that said, it's possible that my observations are somewhat skewed - I met all of my friends through working on international events in Russia, and all of them speak English, are well travelled, and are very liberally minded. So it's not necessarily an accurate cross-section of ordinary Russians BUT if you read all of the discussion on socials rn, it's clear that most Russians on the respective platforms are vehemently against this. And, as you say, even the upper class is objecting. I was actually really shocked that Alex Ovechkin (NHL player) criticised Putin; in the past he has even organised ice hockey matches with Putin in them, and they are friends.

Other countries are now sending weapons and at the beginning they were not going to do that, so that is reassuring but also scary because no one knows what he's gonna do next.

Has Putin even been heard of/seen since this (the invasion) began? 

I feel like SpaceX should provide Russian people with access to unfiltered internet (if possible) as well. Universal free internet is a cornerstone of functional democracy. 

I could be wrong but Putin's mistake [that could be a benefit for us in the end] was going to war with people that share similar culture ancestry and ideology. Like I am sure people have families in Ukraine and live/work in  Russia and vice versa. Like what idiot pits cousins together   

Good luck to this white bald man, he better make sure his food don't taste funny if someone cooks for him, especially as he's fkd over a lot of billionaires money with their monetary value collapsing 

4 minutes ago, TRENCH said:

I could be wrong but Putin's mistake [that could be a benefit for us in the end] was going to war with people that share similar culture ancestry and ideology. Like I am sure people have families in Ukraine and live/work in  Russia and vice versa. Like what idiot pits cousins together   

Good luck to this white bald man, he better make sure his food don't taste funny if someone cooks for him, especially as he's fkd over a lot of billionaires money with their monetary value collapsing 

100% ... I've seen lots of "We are the same people. Why are we fighting them?" type comments. I don't know why he thought this would be popular but he was wrong

22 minutes ago, The Siren said:

Can y'all believe this or is it bullshit 👀

this is not true - it was actually Chechnya's leader Ramzen Kadyrov who said gays dont exist, I dont recall Putin saying that though. as for the tracking part, i dont really buy that, that Twitter acc is satire after all

image.png

an hour ago

Russian troops captured Shulginka village in Luhansk region

Spoiler

The village of Shulhynka south of Starobilsk is occupied by dogs. Video of the head of the community:

31 minutes ago

Zelensky press-secretary: we are aware that Russian delegation arrived in Homiel, we've indeed discussed talks there, but then Russia issued ultimatum that Ukrainian military should lay down the weapons, so there will be no Ukrainian delegation there

Spoiler

Spokesman for President Zelensky

Uhm I tried to google it but couldn‘t find any info on the subject but does anybody here know how long it can take minimum for weapons to be delivered to Ukraine? Is anybody familiar with that lmao

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

3 hours ago, BlueINK said:

Uhm I tried to google it but couldn‘t find any info on the subject but does anybody here know how long it can take minimum for weapons to be delivered to Ukraine? Is anybody familiar with that lmao

I think the ones from America will take a few days/a week?

10 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Friend in Novosibirsk's husband was taken away by the police and questioned for reposting pro-Ukrainian content on Facebook. They let him go, but she said everyone is scared because the government is starting to try to silence people

Putin knows he fucked up and now he's up to old tricks

I almost had a heart attack reading this last night 🥺

10 hours ago, Mer said:

one can dream that instead of becoming a large scale conflict this shoots back and turns into a regime collapse in Russia...

Let's hope it's a Russian revolution against the Romanovs part 2 :true:

Found another info map

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/2022/02/27/follow-the-russia-ukraine-monitor-map/