Rust Dress

Russia’s invasion into Ukraine

1 hour ago, Semafori said:

the russian idiots bombed a german consulate in ukraine 

I feel like we're all just sitting around waiting for them to accidentally (or intentionally) bomb a NATO country

I obviously hope that does not happen but Putin's army does not seem at all competent

Surely there's a disgruntled FSB agent or three who can Novichok him? Where they at

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

3 hours ago, Semafori said:

the russian idiots bombed a german consulate in ukraine 

The germans have been waiting for this to happen since 1945

On 9/22/2022 at 4:04 AM, Rorman Nockwell said:

If you think any Russian-backed vote (and it was) is "independent" then idk what to tell you

And NATO isn't the aggressor here.

Not people defending a literal Anschluss I have to laugh

banner.png

suffer does the wolf crawling to thee

On 9/22/2022 at 5:29 PM, Semafori said:

ironic coming from someone who wont stop bitching in this forum about this and that ,  im sure you would make a great leader by fucking complaining about everything instead of helping to fix the issues, oh wait thats what got us into this situation. I'm sorry i said us, i didn't mean you, i meant the people that are affected by this and whose safety is at stake at this very moment. 

cleareddd

banner.png

4 hours ago, weinendersoldat said:

The germans have been waiting for this to happen since 1945

Not people defending a literal Anschluss I have to laugh

Ohhh I checked your username history and you're that troll

Nothing to see here

Just now, Rorman Nockwell said:

Ohhh I checked your username history and you're that troll

Nothing to see here

I was being sarcastic with the first line and the second one was just commentary, not trolling :toofunny:

banner.png

6 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

not with the army in its current state :awk:

german mobilization has started, and im not talking about spending the amount they said they would pledge on defense spending, but more than that in upkeeping equipment and sending some of the following alongside munitions to the Ukranian force

On 10/11/2022 at 8:03 AM, Rorman Nockwell said:

I feel like we're all just sitting around waiting for them to accidentally (or intentionally) bomb a NATO country

I obviously hope that does not happen but Putin's army does not seem at all competent

Surely there's a disgruntled FSB agent or three who can Novichok him? Where they at

my concern here is if they get rid of Putin, someone worse will come.

giphy.gif

17 minutes ago, baddisease said:

there cannot be anyone worse than putin . the fact that putin is shifting the usage of smart bombs towards hitting civilians instead of against the ukranian counter-offensive is no different than the mustache man refusing to use the railroads east,   to send german soldiers utilities , and accelerating the movement of jews into concentration camps. Putin does not merely fit into the role of an imperialistic , ultranationalist dictator, but goes as far as to follow the same steps (mistakes even) as the mustache man himself .

56 minutes ago, baddisease said:

28 minutes ago, Semafori said:

there cannot be anyone worse than putin . the fact that putin is shifting the usage of smart bombs towards hitting civilians instead of against the ukranian counter-offensive is no different than the mustache man refusing to use the railroads east,   to send german soldiers utilities , and accelerating the movement of jews into concentration camps. Putin does not merely fit into the role of an imperialistic , ultranationalist dictator, but goes as far as to follow the same steps (mistakes even) as the mustache man himself .

I mean there actually kinda is (again, mine is a Western point-of-view, so if there's a Russian here who has a different opinion, please weigh in)

As I said - Medvedev served as a seat-warmer president for Putin when Putin was prime minister in 2012-ish. From what I understand, many Russians are very critical of him (Medvedev) saying he lacks ambition. Going by his unhinged tweets, he feels he has something to prove. He's not a shoo-in if anything happens to Putin, but he is one of the possible successors, and I feel like he'd go scorched earth. There are various other businessmen, oligarchs and hangers-on who may also succeed him but idk much about them, except that they're all probably similar to Putin.

sorry to bump this thread but it seems... important

spoiler for those who those who are faint-hearted

Spoiler

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-war-zelenskyy-kherson-9202c032cf3a5c22761ee71b52ff9d52

main text:

A Russian missile barrage on the Ukrainian power grid sent the war spilling over into neighboring countries Tuesday, hitting NATO member Poland and cutting electricity to much of Moldova.

It was Russia’s biggest barrage yet, and some of the missiles crossed into Poland, where two people were killed, according to a U.S. official. It marked the first time in the war that Russian weapons have come down on a NATO country.

Polish government spokesman Piotr Mueller did not immediately confirm the information from a senior U.S. intelligence official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the situation. But Mueller said top leaders were holding an emergency meeting due to a “crisis situation.”

Polish media reported that two people died Tuesday afternoon after a projectile struck an area where grain was drying in Przewodów, a Polish village near the border with Ukraine. 

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

I mean given the lack of training within the Russian military, it's definitely an accident (NOT that that makes it okay or anything)

I just mean that that may influence the response, if any

Not at all shocking but extremely concerning (and terrifying for Poles, I'd imagine)

To put some people's mind at ease. (BTW I'm no professional but I've studied international relations for four years and talk about it a lot with other people in my major).

First.) This is HIGHLY unlikely to immediately escalate further. Every single government and military (even Russia) right now is taking a step back to evaluate exactly what has happened. Nobody, not even Russia, wants to blow past the gates of war into a nuclear conflict neither side can win. Putin is narcissistic enough that he knows there is no legacy of a man from an extinct species. 

Second.) Is NATO interested in WWIII over an explosion in a small town on the border? likely not. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh to those who were killed but it's just a fact of the matter regarding politics. Now I will say that this definitely brings us to a new point of escalation. I truly think that this is one of the last nice warnings Europe and NATO alike will give to Russia. Not to mention the leader of China has said to Putin multiple times how much he wants this conflict over with. I imagine Putin's allies will be advising him to pull the breaks on large-scale bombings to re-evaluate the situation. 

Third.) At the end of the day it is unlikely a negative end to this war will just happen out of the blue like this. There will be a very clear warning (Example, detonating a nuclear device somewhere in the ocean or otherwise remote to prove readiness of weaponry) before the last stops are finally pulled. 

Long story short, is this likely the start of WWIII/nuclear catastrophe? Most likely not; however, it is certainly a dark and unforeseeable escalation that is going to make Eastern Europe even more of a crucible than it already is. It is certainly one step closer to a global catastrophe but I wouldn't worry just yet. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886568b484a15c22227dc                                  

"Baby you my Bugsy Malone 

and I'm your Suicide Blonde"

last.fm