Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

2 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I feel like she's going to surprise release the first song like she did with LMLYLAW and the triple singles followed by a proper announcement for the lead and album preoder (like Chemtrails/Arcadia).

Of course I mean surprise in the sense that we won't get an official date from her (but we'll probably know at least a couple of days before) :brows:

My only hope is we get a single and some kind of album info together. I can't take another era of her dropping a single(s) and then completely dropping for months 

"Don’t forget me"

Guys if she releases something soon I’ll find kinda suspicious those videos of her saying that someone stole her computer…it will sound like she was saying something a little bit polemic to promote her new song 👀

35 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

Storyteller starry stellar wants what in the cockpit had :true:

Speaking of, where is Darla?????? They wouldn’t disappoint:ma:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

1 minute ago, marryingkind said:

Guys if she releases something soon I’ll find kinda suspicious that videos of her saying that someone stole her computer…it will sound like she was saying something a little bit polemic to promote her new song 👀

She did it on a private account and deleted the videos 2 minutes after posting them and never mentioned it again :wtf3:

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, marryingkind said:

Guys if she releases something soon I’ll find kinda suspicious that videos of her saying that someone stole her computer…it will sound like she was saying something a little bit polemic to promote her new song 👀

yeah this is exactly why i don't think we're getting anything new at least anytime soon because i don't think she would lie about that

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 minute ago, Venice Peach said:

She did it on a private account and deleted the videos 2 minutes after posting them and never mentioned it again :wtf3:

Yeah but a lot of sites talked about it/fans screenshot the video and posted everywhere

to be clear: I’m not saying that she did that. I do believe in her lol

but i do think that people will find that KINDA suspicious

2 minutes ago, the ocean said:

yeah this is exactly why i don't think we're getting anything new at least anytime soon because i don't think she would lie about that\

But it's not really mutually exclusive tho. Her stuff is gone but her producers have the songs and this happened months ago. If there was a delay on the album it was probably cause she was stressed about the whole thing and stopped working for a while not cause she had to start over (with the album at least)

giphy.gif

Just now, Venice Peach said:

But it's not really mutually exclusive tho. Her stuff is gone but her producers have the songs and this happened months ago. If there was a delay on the album was probably cause she was stressed about the whole thing and stopped working for a while not cause she had to start over (with the album at least)

it's not that i don't think she doesn't have her songs, it's that if she starts promoting the album now it'll look very weird especially after she seemed genuinely stressed & upset about the whole thing - that's kind of my whole point

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Just now, the ocean said:

it's not that i don't think she doesn't have her songs, it's that if she starts promoting the album now it'll look very weird especially after she seemed genuinely stressed & upset about the whole thing - that's kind of my whole point

EXACTLY

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

Ohh I get it now sorry :thumb2:

Yeah it would be kinda weird to release something not even a month after posting that and not mentioning anything about a single coming... so I get what you're saying. But Lana seemed positive and confident about what's to come so who knows

giphy.gif

That's where I'm kinda confused. She was saying on IG that things were delayed due to the theft. My only thing is the theft happened months ago and we have that one post from Ben and the comment from FJM alluding to the album being "soon". So it's not completely clear yet when soon is or even if soon will happen bc of the honeymoon announcement. Ugh :delish:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886568b484a15c22227dc                                  

"Baby you my Bugsy Malone 

and I'm your Suicide Blonde"

last.fm

I don't think it'd be weird if she started promoting the album..she only made the video because of the massive snippet leak we had, and she wanted to hop on and tell everyone the situation. She didn't talk about it months ago when it happened, and she hasn't said anything since. She was just trying to let us know what was happening BTS (and she even said on the video she doesn't like talking about the negatives) and then she quickly deleted the videos. She was just trying to be transparent, and then move on from it. And let's be real, how much do we really think lana is going to do to promote this? :bebe:

"Don’t forget me"

1 minute ago, For K said:

That's where I'm kinda confused. She was saying on IG that things were delayed due to the theft. My only thing is the theft happened months ago and we have that one post from Ben and the comment from FJM alluding to the album being "soon". So it's not completely clear yet when soon is or even if soon will happen bc of the honeymoon announcement. Ugh :delish:

It’s bc things are messy.

love lana and I honestly don’t care about that– idk why it would be important if she sold a lot in her first week.

but, when it comes to promoting something, it seems like their communication is bad/messy.

1 minute ago, For K said:

From what I remember she didn't say that the album is delayed. She only urged fans not to listen to leaks and that she is confident in the record. Most issues were in regards to the book and video footage.

4 minutes ago, For K said:

Yeah the timing of the statement is really confusing. Maybe she wanted to tell us for a while but wanted to wait until things settled and were back on schedule :delish: but I think that she would have mentioned a single coming soon (or maybe she didn't mention it so it didn't take the focus away from the theft).

I need an announcement right now cause I'm suffering a de-delulufication :krylie:

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Yeah the timing of the statement is really confusing. Maybe she wanted to tell us for a while but wanted to wait until things settled and were back on schedule :delish: but I think that she would have mentioned a single coming soon (or maybe she didn't mention it so it didn't take the focus away from the theft).

Making a video about the theft and then advertising the upcoming single in the same video would have been a really bad look :eek:

Just now, Venice Peach said:

Yeah the timing of the statement is really confusing. Maybe she wanted to tell us for a while but wanted to wait until things settled and were back on schedule :delish: but I think that she would have mentioned a single coming soon (or maybe she didn't mention it so it didn't take the focus away from the theft)

She also said in the video that her phone was accessed earlier that week, so maybe she anticipated more things leaking.

She also said "the new music isn't coming yet" that's a very broad statement. Also, Ben just said in October the album was coming soon. I feel like if they were stalled/not releasing music because of the robbery he wouldn't have said that

"Don’t forget me"

3 minutes ago, the ocean said:

if anything is happening soon i can realistically see an announcement in mid-to-late december, single release sometime in january/february, album around the summer

I genuinely think it'll be sooner than the summer. I like to be delulu and say this year (tuesday :oopna:) but I think a single December/January and album January/Feb seems doable. I think at this point it's a waiting game for vinyls to finish up

We also know she isn't against an album coming in December or January because that was her original COTCC time frame, it just got delayed until March because of physicals.

"Don’t forget me"