Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

This album sounded four years too late when it was released but I bopped to HH every now and then. It remains the only song on this I can listen to without thinking about how terrible the rest of this bland, flavorless project is. The problem isn't even her voice or melodies.. it's honestly mostly the production and dime a dozen lyrics

always surprised me when people in the early froot era (b4 the album dropped) forgot TFJ existed.... and now that L+F is out people are purposely forgetting it exists  :ohno:

And so did Believe in Love smfh

i mean... i have a 50+ song playlist that includes this song based on the same style chord progression lmao.

You want to write a sad song?

D Bm F#m or ...

D B F# or ...

Eb Cm Gm or...

F Dm Am 

brb adding Believe in Love to it  :oic2:

Also, this song is interpolated in London Boy by Taylor Swift xx

always surprised me when people in the early froot era (b4 the album dropped) forgot TFJ existed.... and now that L+F is out people are purposely forgetting it exists  :ohno:

Wym? It’s still her best album

Just admit that this album would've been hella better if it were produced by Nowels, Kurstin, or Howe, even Diamandis herself.

the lyrics would still have been dire on some of the tracks, but yes the production needed to be more original

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Just admit that this album would've been hella better if it were produced by Nowels, Kurstin, or Howe, even Diamandis herself.

I mean it would’ve been better, but the lyricism and the melodies are still subpar

Love and Fear would've been AOTY if it:

-Wasn't generic

-Had a better, inspired and deep lyrical content like on her previous works (I'm sorry but the lyrical content on this album is mediocre and bad. I'm really disappointed with Marina because she's an amazing songwritter)

-Had better visuals (They're kinda basic)

It's overall a good album but... This isn't the Marina I originally stanned :toofunny:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

i mean... i have a 50+ song playlist that includes this song based on the same style chord progression lmao.

You want to write a sad song?

D Bm F#m or ...

D B F# or ...

Eb Cm Gm or...

F Dm Am

brb adding Believe in Love to it :oic2:

Also, this song is interpolated in London Boy by Taylor Swift xx

ok...

Doesn’t change that Cautious Clay did that song 100x better than marinas song... her choruses on the album drag harder than lana on her vape at the end of a show

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg

For a fucking hot minute this thing popped on my YouTube first page and I thought it was an official upload (the channel have a nice amount of followers\subs too).

Listened again and it's such a simple yet effective song. It's no top-tier-Marina but it feels like... actually GETS it somehow. It's like Enjoy Your Life but better.

The production is not that cheap too.

For a fucking hot minute this thing popped on my YouTube first page and I thought it was an official upload (the channel have a nice amount of followers\subs too).

Listened again and it's such a simple yet effective song. It's no top-tier-Marina but it feels like... actually GETS it somehow. It's like Enjoy Your Life but better.

The production is not that cheap too.

Lmao I thought that too. I was hoping this song was like INHA, but I loved it anyway. I wish she didn't have scrapped, it could have give some "up" in the album, especially because the production doesn't sound that basic like the rest of Love+Fear.  :( I heard she sold this one? 

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

Love and Fear would've been AOTY if it:

-Wasn't generic

-Had a better, inspired and deep lyrical content like on her previous works (I'm sorry but the lyrical content on this album is mediocre and bad. I'm really disappointed with Marina because she's an amazing songwritter)

-Had better visuals (They're kinda basic)

So essentially you're saying... L+F would be AOTY if it wasn't L+F? 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

lol

Anyways
The Family Jewels is still one of the best creative and unique body of works ever made

that i can agree on

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

sometimes I listen to EH & watch the old music videos and it really gets me emo as fuck

like I love marina's recent stuff, I love how she looks and everything but she was REALLY at her peak during EH, totally sucks that it was "all just a character", like the blonde hair and the heart on the cheek was such a fucking LOOK. I wish she wasn't so detached from that era, imagine if her next 2 albums had been on that level... she'd truly be one of the biggest names in pop rn
there isn't a single person who was around 2012-2015 who didn't adore marina, and now....  :toofunny: 
I just wanna see our girl pull through with another incredible era....

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

So essentially you're saying... L+F would be AOTY if it wasn't L+F?

Apparently lol

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Okay girls and gays, I need your help

I'm doing a project about sexism in music, and I need help finding an interview I read about Marina where she said she was treated like she was stupid during the EH era due to her image

It's essential to this project

negAbhB.png

Okay girls and gays, I need your help

I'm doing a project about sexism in music, and I need help finding an interview I read about Marina where she said she was treated like she was stupid during the EH era due to her image

It's essential to this project

https://www.factmag.com/2012/09/25/marina-and-the-diamonds-video-delayed-by-label-allegedly-because-she-looks-ugly-in-it/

This i think?

https://twitter.com/MarinaDiamandis/status/250265964803944450

xMcVPI7.jpg