Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

11 Diamonds” is the new musical project by Welsh singer-songwriter Marina Diamandis better known by her stage name as Marina and the Diamonds. The project will be released this summer via her first record company, the London-based independent label Neon Gold those who released the single “Obsessions” in 2008 and the EP “The Crown Jewels” in 2009. They were the ones who discovered and supported Marina from the beginning before getting international fame, and sign for 679 and Atlantic Records.

Few details have been given for the project but is speculation about a compilation of 11 previously unreleased tracks recorded between 2008 and 2010. More details will be released soon throughelevendiamonds.co

Furthermore, Marina has recently released a song titled “Just Desserts” beside the British singer and songwriter Charli XCX. Also, still missing the last 3 parts to promote their latest studio album “Electra Heart” (2012), it is not known some day whether or not they came to see the light.

Keep you informed!

Honestly, if it's just old songs....:crossed:

But I tell you what: my two favourite Marina songs, hands down, are "Blindfold Me" and "Bad Kidz". Both only exist in seriously miserable quality, and though I doubt she cares much for either anymore, I'd still love to hear them in HQ one day. :( After that, "Scab & Plaster" is still an awesome, brilliant track, and though she's expressed her displeasure in its leak, I can't see why it shouldn't find its way onto some other release...she didn't seem to hate it that much, it just didn't fit on the album. And don't forget that mystery "Electra Heart" song...if it's really with Calvin Harris, I will freak out.  :deadbanana: 

The rain scenes were truly beautiful and I liked the wood scenes, too. But the rest of the video was kind of redundant. Also, might be the lightening but she lost a lot of weight.

I think it's so brave of her to make a high production music video and wear not an ounce of makeup except for the heart on her cheek (and lips?). She looks so raw and truly beautiful. She'll probably get a lot of crap about it but I admire and respect her for going natural throughout the whole video, spots and oils and all. 

Honestly, if it's just old songs....:crossed:

But I tell you what: my two favourite Marina songs, hands down, are "Blindfold Me" and "Bad Kidz". Both only exist in seriously miserable quality, and though I doubt she cares much for either anymore, I'd still love to hear them in HQ one day. :( After that, "Scab & Plaster" is still an awesome, brilliant track, and though she's expressed her displeasure in its leak, I can't see why it shouldn't find its way onto some other release...she didn't seem to hate it that much, it just didn't fit on the album. And don't forget that mystery "Electra Heart" song...if it's really with Calvin Harris, I will freak out. :deadbanana:

Bad Kidz was a b-side on the UK single version of Hollywood. I have the purchased iTunes file if you don't??? So that exists in HQ unless you mean a different version..

14417469274.gif

It's pretty, especially in the second half. I like the rain and forest parts but the first half of the video is pretty boring tbh... It's just the same shot of her lip syncing for like a minute and then another one for the next minute, then it kind of switches it up a bit and gets interesting visually.

I'm SO disappointed that this doesn't include the new bridge though... You don't even understand, I was CERTAIN we'd have it... Why did she tease us with it singing it live if she's not going to put it on the actual track for a single version? She totally could've released Lies as a single with the new bridge...