Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

On 10/1/2023 at 12:26 PM, williamprb said:

I can’t believe we only have jealousy (one of Marina’s most popular unreleased so much she used to perform it a fair bit) is only available in potato quality 

Jealousy and Sinful are absolute FAVES of mine, and I lament that Jealousy is in potato, and that Sinful is also kind of potato, but yet somehow I have a copy of the Sinful instrumental version that is better quality than the finished/vocal version.

Make it make sense.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

2 hours ago, AtomicMess said:

Jealousy and Sinful are absolute FAVES of mine, and I lament that Jealousy is in potato, and that Sinful is also kind of potato, but yet somehow I have a copy of the Sinful instrumental version that is better quality than the finished/vocal version.

Make it make sense.

The chorus of sinful is so good ughhh.

A funny story is that before I started hardcore stanning Lana I was such a big Marina fan and I got into her unreleased and have probably listened to almost every leaked song of hers (and even an unleaked)  I was so surprised about how hq most of the Lana unreleased songs are likeee.

young, wild, free but most of all fucking crazy

image.pngScreenshot-20230604-121919-Instagram-1.j

GEi7EdJW0AEEfOR_2.jpg?ex=65c3d371&is=65b

58 minutes ago, williamprb said:

The chorus of sinful is so good ughhh.

A funny story is that before I started hardcore stanning Lana I was such a big Marina fan and I got into her unreleased and have probably listened to almost every leaked song of hers (and even an unleaked)  I was so surprised about how hq most of the Lana unreleased songs are likeee.

The fact that I've seen like 3 or 4 unofficial bootleg vinyl albums of Lana's unreleased constantly pressed and in circulation at various record stores is a testament to the quality of the leaks and the determination of the fanbase. Legit.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

The chorus of I'm A Ruin isn't one of my favorites but the verses and pre-chorus might be one of my most replayed Marina moments. The way IaR and Blue capture nuance relationship dynamics so perfectly is just phenomenal

I've had my share of beautiful men
But I'm still young and I want to love again
It's difficult to say goodbye
And easier to live a lover's lie

:cryney2:

And I've tried to say
"Babe, I'm gonna ruin you if you let me stay"
You still mean everything to me, to me
But I wanna be free

:lange:

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

54 minutes ago, Formation said:

The chorus of I'm A Ruin isn't one of my favorites but the verses and pre-chorus might be one of my most replayed Marina moments. The way IaR and Blue capture nuance relationship dynamics so perfectly is just phenomenal

I've had my share of beautiful men
But I'm still young and I want to love again
It's difficult to say goodbye
And easier to live a lover's lie

:cryney2:

And I've tried to say
"Babe, I'm gonna ruin you if you let me stay"
You still mean everything to me, to me
But I wanna be free

:lange:

I'm a Ruin would be a total skip if it wasn't for me listening to this every time my bf and I broke up in 2015, being stupid 18 yr olds with terrible communication.

listening to the Lust and Fear instrumentals, and honestly i think the album would've sat faster with me if it didn't take itself so seriously. The melodies and production are actually good, the lyrics not so much, or should i say the contrast between some or the more serious lyrics and the upbeat music didn't mix well for me? (I also realized that the production has a much glossier sound than her previous work, that of a textured filter) (im so nitpicky lmao). But maybe that's the point? the touch of gloss pop campiness ? Fear 📝in the front and Love 🎼 in the back? 

7 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

Miss Why (Later Demo) {OG FILE}

https://krakenfiles.com/view/c5eDsWvxH4/file.html

Wait stop I’m in the karma server and didn’t know abt this

ppl in the server r saying it’s fake and there’s a higher quality version in their master post already so idk.

I also rlly don’t like the later miss y demos. I mean the “to become great” does not fit at all like the to be great just flows better. Also the background vocals are so loud and jarring like they sound horrible and are way too loud the mic quality of them sounds like scab and plaster demo 1 quality. Especially in the “drop your knees to the floor” section. I hope we get another later demo or maybe even a final (if that even exists) that actually has proper mastering, that later demo has better balance than some demos but it well could be fake.

I usually separate art from artist but it does piss me off when an artist makes constant shallow political statements in their music and then turns around and post some shit like that. The music’s bad AND you stand for nothing, pick a struggle.

qfrWuBl.png

she wants to be woke soooooo bad but it just simply never works. why are you pushing 40 getting all your news and information from a damn instagram post. 

sometimes she just needs to shut the hell up and make some fun pop music like damn 

24 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

The way I’m not even surprised that she’s pro zionism

yup, disappointed but not surprised … 

Coming from the same woman who went to eat dinner at the Sultan of Brunei’s hotel after releasing Man’s World…. 

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore