Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

The Froot slander :hellno: is it an unpopular opinion when I say that I love it more than TFJ and Electra Heart?

url%5D

9 hours ago, Embach said:

Marina and Chuck attended the same concert last night, at Kacy Hill's concert, I wonder if Lana attendes there too

Based on their stories, it seemed like they were in similar spots. I wonder if they talked at all, I feel like they had to have at least said hi :oprah3:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

honestly TFJ has like 5 AMAZING songs and the rest are bland as hell (imo). With Froot, I really enjoy about half of the album. And with EH… there’s only like two songs I don’t like (Hypocrates & Radioactive)..

so I guess I’m forced to say EH > Froot > TFJ

basic taste perhaps but anyone who says EH isn’t a masterpiece is a liar.

It’s such a shame that she stopped making music after these 3 incredible albums :eyes:

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

6 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

And with EH… there’s only like two songs I don’t like (Hypocrates & Radioactive)..

what the fuck :defeated:

i understand hypocrates but radioactive????

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, bigspender said:

what the fuck :defeated:

i understand hypocrates but radioactive????

I can’t stand that bland ass attempt at a hit. I have neverrrr liked that song since EH first released lmao. but the rest of the album more than makes up for it. It’s like UV’s guns and roses… except well, guns and roses is actually good :nails::eartha:

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

3 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

I can’t stand that bland ass attempt at a hit. I have neverrrr liked that song since EH first released lmao. but the rest of the album more than makes up for it. It’s like UV’s guns and roses… except well, guns and roses is actually good :nails::eartha:

I- :notamused:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

14 hours ago, Mind Melt said:

been listening to the family jewels a lot lately, miss her sm
the next album needs to be on the same level as her first 3, im begging marina pls

she dropped the diamonds from her name along with the quality of the music

young, wild, free but most of all fucking crazy

image.pngScreenshot-20230604-121919-Instagram-1.j

GEi7EdJW0AEEfOR_2.jpg?ex=65c3d371&is=65b

48 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

it’s produced better than ANYTHING on froot :true: and the guns and roses comment is all i needed to hear bc it also sucks :kiss:

giphy.gif

I do wonder if Marina and Chuck spoke to each other, and if Lana was there too??? Chuck seems to have been a Marina fan! (I just cannot get over the way Marina shaded Lana publicly through sub tweets and unfollowing in 2020 so I forever will not Trust Marina or her intentions tbh)

18 hours ago, bigspender said:

i think my ranking goes tfj > electra heart > froot and then everything after that is :awk:

I’m glad you saved yourself with that ranking, so you at least have some taste 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

19 hours ago, bigspender said:

it sounds so bland and underproduced 😭 

ancient dreams’ only good song is purge the poison and that’s only if u don’t listen to the lyrics until the chorus…

maybe it’s a nostalgia thing? with electra heart, most things sound pretty fresh. but that’s mostly because it’s intentionally sugary sweet pop which will never get old. froot is um…… 

I will say the froot demos are very very cool I always wonder why artists end up scrapping the most creative and inventive and usually more intense versions of songs just to put out what they do. Let me love you like a fucking woman I am glaring at you.

Love and Fear makes me feel depressed, that whole era… nothing exciting or tasty about it, the music just fell on its face, she picked the worst songs on the album for the acoustic ep, the clean bandit shenanigans…(sort of unforgivable…) it felt like the death of the artist I had known and not in a good way. Idc if that’s sounds dramatic either I fell in love with Marina BECAUSE she was so weird and different, when she played the basic pop card with the L+F era it was soooo lame and disappointing for such a powerful artist. :smokes:

21 hours ago, bigspender said:

not at all… ‘blue’ aged like milk 

Okay usually I let things go or retort in jest but like....

I'm calling the police. Clearly you're having a manic breakdown and this statement is the cry for help.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

19 hours ago, Slowginfizz said:

I will say the froot demos are very very cool I always wonder why artists end up scrapping the most creative and inventive and usually more intense versions of songs just to put out what they do. Let me love you like a fucking woman I am glaring at you.

marina said that froot originally had a different producer and she worked on the album with them for months before meeting david. this mystery producer was someone she worked with before, and was probably based in the uk (based on her social media). I think this is why she scrapped some of the more 'interesting' production which is a shame.

21 hours ago, Slowginfizz said:

Love and Fear makes me feel depressed, that whole era… nothing exciting or tasty about it, the music just fell on its face, she picked the worst songs on the album for the acoustic ep, the clean bandit shenanigans…(sort of unforgivable…) it felt like the death of the artist I had known and not in a good way. Idc if that’s sounds dramatic either I fell in love with Marina BECAUSE she was so weird and different, when she played the basic pop card with the L+F era it was soooo lame and disappointing for such a powerful artist. :smokes:

Having lived through that time i feel this so bad