Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Eh, I'm disappointed. I had high hopes! Although tbh the last two singles and the snippet had me somewhat less excited than when Handmade Heaven came out.

I love Handmade Heaven, True and End Of The Earth, I kind of like Enjoy Your Life but all the rest are pretty bland to me. Haven't heard much of FEAR though, I hope it'll be better!

nice cocc bro

Oh wow .... End Of The Earth????? True is a fucking BANGER???? Enjoy Your Life is amazing as expected???? Not sure why she chose the worst songs (apart from Handmade Heaven) as singles but this is a really solid collection of tracks. It's also so clever how she released this album because now fear just seems so mysterious as she hasn't really talked about/teased it a lot which is exciting. I hope she doesn't release any singles from Fear before the album tbh, it will be cool to digest it as a whole

FzytWEW.png

Does anyone else think To Be Human sounds a lot like Handmade Heaven? They're both produced by Joel Little, which I didn't even realize when I first thought that.  There's just something about them that strikes me as quite similar

Yeah which is why I'm glad they're separated by lots of songs. Both soooo good though, and not too similar for me to be like why

enjoy your life, to be human and end of the earth are fantastic, true is pretty good too- fear cannot get here soon enough honestly

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

my theory is she wanted to have some outtake in place of Baby but her label stepped in and said she needed to cut one to have baby on the album for streams and shit so she cut whatever she thought the album could do without.... truly tragic....

xMcVPI7.jpg

Playing Enjoy Your Life to the music video of Orange Trees.. oh my god we were robbed

Oh wow it fits perfectly, dare to say it fits even better than Orange Trees  :defeated: we were def robbed

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

There's Nothing Wrong With You totally should have been in Baby's place, I'm mad she hid that gem from us :(

I read she cut it from the album cause she worked on it with Jesse Saint John and she found out about the rape and underage flirting tea on him. Don't know if it's true but it's possible.....

My favorite lines/moments from each song:

Handmade Heaven: "This life don't suit me anymore..."

Superstar: "My love is a planet revolving your heart"  :defeated:

Orange Trees: "Flowers in my hair, I belong by the sea..."

Enjoy Your Life: "Cause your worst days they are over, so enjoy your life"

True: "You're skin and bone, full of fear, but you're just a human being." (the chorus is amazing too)

To Be Human: "From Kyoto, Hiroshima, watch the black cloud crawling nearer"  :toofunny:  (BUT THE WHOLE THING IS AMAZING)

End of the Earth: "We're all living in the same universe, where the stars collide and the planets turn, but I'll give you my life I don't care if it hurts, cause I'll love you till the end of time."  :poordat:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Haha I love it when smart production and writing becomes "faux deep" when ppl try to defend basic music. There are plenty of examples how simple music can be great. "Love & Fear" is just going with the most mainstream-ish, already aged-like-milk way of production that lacks any kind of soul. But yeah, to each their own I guess.

The point being that it's not trying to be deep...she's writing simple, happy songs to reflect how she's feeling...simple and happy...away from the pretension of feeling that she needs to be deep or serious. What's not clicking

OAjeWdG.jpg?1