Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Just here to say I listened to Fear finally and You is an abomination

Edit: as a massive fan of Marina I am kind of taken back by how much I haven’t enjoyed this album. It’s so lacklustre in comparison to the personality I previously loved her for...

Am I the only one who thinks the album version of You is better than the demo snippet 

Also Emotional Machine is the best song on Fear, second best song on the whole album after To Be Human 

nah, i like You too. it sounded like a kidz bop song before. Emotional Machine is a fucking career highlight.

So just listened to Fear from start to end and erm.... Firstly I’m surprised people are enjoying Believe In Love so much, apart from the chorus i’m not a huge fan of it, but it’s definitely not the worst song there. I quite like Life Is Strange, maybe i’m just obsessed with strings idk but i enjoy it and don’t get all the slander for it. I feel so bad for You, the change in production was not needed and took away any impact it had and i miss the extra vocals in the chorus. Karma is actually a bop surprisingly. Emotional Machine is one of the better songs on L+F but i lowkey think the 4/4 kick drum in the verses ruins the atmosphere and tension leading to the pre and chorus, still one of the superior songs. Too Afraid is what i needed, I thought it was going to hit a little harder but still I will be listening to it a lot. Now, No More Suckers... WHY ARE PEOPLE HYPING IT SO MUCH? Honestly NMS was my least favourite song on Fear and one of the lowest on L+F as a whole, the instrumentation is to blame but i don’t particularly like the vocals much either. Finally, Soft To Be Strong is a good closer track, I wish it was more acoustic though and atmospheric.

Skips: No More Suckers

Once In A While: Believe In Love, You, Soft To Be Strong

On Repeat: Life Is Strange, Karma, Emotional Machine, Too Afraid

I need to listen to it more before I decide my favourites.

I love EM, but am I alone in thinking it sounds exactly the same as the live version? Even all the vocal runs are the same. I was expecting some difference, but it still sounds great.

You is still pretty good, but I think I prefer the production on the demo and I hope that version leaks

overall, LOVE < FEAR

end of the earth*

too afraid*

to be human*

handmade heaven*

life is strange*

believe in love*

you

baby

enjoy your life

orange trees

superstar

emotional being

soft to be strong

true

no more suckers

* means really good songs

this album is what you get when you mix TFJ, EH, and Froot but water it down......... a lot

an anology: TFJ is Coca Cola, EH is sprite, Froot is Dr. Pepper, and L+F is la croix 

also, every song sounds like a demo for another artist

Song sorter if anyone's interested:

https://alexdunphy.tumblr.com/lfsorter

I loved it. My tracklist goes like this

1 Believe in Love

1 You

1 Karma

4 To Be Human

5 Too Afraid

6 Handmade Heaven

7 Enjoy Your Life

7 No More Suckers

9 Life Is Strange

10 Emotional Machine

11 Orange Trees

11 End of the Earth

13 True

14 Soft to Be Strong

15 Superstar

15 Baby

1. End of the Earth

2. No More Suckers

3. Soft to Be Strong

4. Enjoy Your Life

5. Believe in Love

6. Emotional Machine

7. Too Afraid

8. Orange Trees

9. Karma

10. You

11. To Be Human

12. True

13. Handmade Heaven

14. Superstar

15. Baby

16. Life Is Strange

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

FEAR is so much better than LOVE to my ears! I'm loving all the tracks.

Soft to Be Strong just broke my heart, what a beautiful song. The line "Somebody hurt me long ago, and though to heal a heart is slow, it's just a consequence of pain" just had me ugly crying, it spoke to me on a personal level.  :icant: