Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

And also it’s on brand with her mindset in the TFJ era

Like Marina has always had that attitude of feeling “superior” to the rest of “people” whether it be girls who diet or pop singers who make shallow pop music, cause that’s who she is, and tbh I love it. It’s petty AF

That’s why I hate that she’s turned into some kind of guru now. Like we don’t fucking care

idk if you like Astrology but her Leo Moon jumped out lol. Lana has the same Moon and we know Miss LDR always felt superior.

Like Marina has always had that attitude of feeling “superior” to the rest of “people” whether it be girls who diet or pop singers who make shallow pop music, cause that’s who she is, and tbh I love it. It’s petty AF

I’m sorry but...why would you love it? It’s honestly....not cute at all and very cringey. maybe you’re a guy or smth and you see her believing she’s superior to other girls as “iconic” or whatever, but it’s probably the most pathetic thing

Miss LDR always felt superior.

When?

When?

Well, she's been a hater of pop music back in the 2000s, and given her lyrics and some of her statements/tweets/Facebook posts/whatever she obviously felt she was on another level (which she was and still is anyway). Also her whole "I want it all", "Will you still love me", "He calls for me and not for you" attitude is both a psychological sign of insecurity and the need of full attention and recognition. Many people feel like that.

Well, she's been a hater of pop music back in the 2000s, and given her lyrics and some of her statements/tweets/Facebook posts/whatever she obviously felt she was on another level (which she was and still is anyway). Also her whole "I want it all", "Will you still love me", "He calls for me and not for you" attitude is both a psychological sign of insecurity and the need of full attention and recognition. Many people feel like that.

no wonder her and azelia banks are BFFs

Just thinking about how the whole Love + Fear flopped as a concept... IMAGINE all the visuals we could’ve had

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

I reckon you're exaggerating a little. The new snippet, although sounds promising and beautiful, is no different than any random fragment of Handmade Heaven.

original.gif

I’m sorry but...why would you love it? It’s honestly....not cute at all and very cringey. maybe you’re a guy or smth and you see her believing she’s superior to other girls as “iconic” or whatever, but it’s probably the most pathetic thing

I don't like her sexist views back then, I obviously know they're wrong, but I still think she had a really interesting persona. Like, I appreciate them as FLAWS. I know they are, indeed, flaws, and I love that.  Yes they're kinda cringey but that's exactly why I like it. I can't really put into words why I like it, but I do know that a big part of why I do is cause it's flawed. Again, it's weird

Maybe not so much now, cause having a taste of what actual stardom looks like annoyed her, but a few years ago, definitely. 

Like, Lana is the epitome of that *one* girl who feels like she's special, not like the others, etc... the thing is, unlike other girls, she actually has something interesting to say, but tbh it doesn't make it less annoying lol it just makes it bearable 

Also it's probably been already said but Lana has always struck me as the rich white girl with the most boring life ever who literally went out of her way to have an interesting life. Like, the whole trailer stuff, as much as I think it's interesting (and I do believe it) still is so funny when you think about it. IDK. 

Now of course things are totally different cause she DID become a star and got basically everything she wanted and she understood it wasn't her cup of tea and has gone back into semi-hiding lol

if Marina would’ve debuted her gray hair when Handmade Heaven came out it would’ve made sense since the whole Love+Fear era was black and white and now Marina’s hair is black and white lol

if Marina would’ve debuted her gray hair when Handmade Heaven came out it would’ve made sense since the whole Love+Fear era was black and white and now Marina’s hair is black and white lol

Such a funny joke. I am screaming so hard.

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

so she's kinda a douche? 

the thing is, unlike other girls, she actually has something interesting to say, 

i disagree. what interesting thing does she have to say? her music is very unique yes but smth to say? that would go more to lorde and someone like marina, even though both different, they provide a lot of their opinions and viewpoints that differ from most through their music

i'm not sure about that. she thought she was getting criticized because l+f was unconventional or sumt. she really thinks she did something with that trash album, doesn't she?

L + F was absolutely awful.

It's the only Marina album I don't like and didn't bother buying. 

The strings in the new song sounds promising. I loved the sound as soon as I heard it. 

i disagree. what interesting thing does she have to say? her music is very unique yes but smth to say? that would go more to lorde and someone like marina, even though both different, they provide a lot of their opinions and viewpoints that differ from most through their music

Lana has something to say that actually only very few artists are able to: I think the main ideology? of LDR's discography as of now is the power of change. Change within one self. The analysis we could come up with... there is beauty, pain, some really important feelings and ideas portrayed in her music. The fact that people can change. Out of the dark into the blue.

She forgives. She loved the wrong ones. She still loves those who are flawed. She accepts those flaws, as she accepts hers. She wants to be accepted with those flaws, and she also wants her change to be recognized, appreciated and celebrated.

having something interesting to say, MUSICALLY, means your music is interesting. I agree she looks like a boring person but from a musical standpoint she does have something interesting