Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

25 minutes ago, Danny Milk said:

I still think I'm the only one here that actually liked Love + Fear

In it's entirety? probably. I liked portions of it but it falls flat in so many areas that it's just bleh to me

xMcVPI7.jpg

6 minutes ago, sweetlikecinnam0n said:

b0mhkxn.png

She's in Greece waiting for her grey hair to grow out so she doesn't have to dye it and kill her hair like last time. Electra Heart (Greek Tragedy Edition, No GMOs) is coming, don't worry

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

10 hours ago, Danny Milk said:

I still think I'm the only one here that actually liked Love + Fear

10 hours ago, OverYourHead said:

I love it??‍♂️

8 hours ago, Sucker said:

i loooove them :crai:

After the era concluded I saw the album differently. I love the concept and now I have an appreciation for every song!!

(except life is strange, she can choke)

Don't know if this has been posted before, but The Other Foot leaked in full months ago lol, it's bad though 

https://dbree.org/v/5e7926

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

So... months ago the MvS EP with the alternate tracklist was shared by a user called pissychu and I realized that ''Horror Pop'' has a different version on it.

The links will be bellow but I think it's definitely the second version of this song since it was burned in lossy on its orginal CDr (the other tracks are real lossless). She probably re-mixed the song and saved it in lossy since the other version (which we already had in FLAC) has a lossless burn..

v1 (track 2): https://dbree.org/v/727052

v2 (track 5): https://dbree.org/v/5f3af9

7qhp.gif

10 hours ago, veinsineon said:

After the era concluded I saw the album differently. I love the concept and now I have an appreciation for every song!!

(except life is strange, she can choke)

literally, why is life is strange so bad ?

I really didn’t care for L + F very much but I wouldn’t say it’s horrendous. I think it’s a little more basic and bland than anything else, where in the past she was always so not. The bits of it I enjoy generally seem to be the things most people hate, though. I like Orange Trees and Superstar, especially the “Acoustic” versions. The lyrics are whatever but the backing vocals in both songs are so lovely and they give them this fairytale vibe that I resonate with. Enjoy your life is kinda dumb but it’s definitely a bop and I’m never mad to hear it. End of the Earth is the one legitimately stellar moment on the record to me. 

14 minutes ago, Danny Milk said:

literally, why is life is strange so bad ?

skfjskfjs there's literally absolutely no reason to write that song either, it's such a dumb statement... we know marina... life IS strange, you aren't the only one who has made that discovery...

xMcVPI7.jpg

I loved Love + Fear, but I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I'd been waiting ages for new Marina music and was so happy that I finally had something fresh and new from my favorite artist. Yet, to this day, I listen to L+F and The Family Jewels the most. Was it her best work? Absolutely not. The way I saw it, Marina set very high standards for herself - which is a great thing, considering her past work - and L+F definitely did not deliver in that direct sense, but I still enjoy it. The only song I do a complete skip on is No More Suckers (sorry). My favorite is Superstar and End of the Earth. 

L+F could have done stupendously in her discography for me if it were an EP/mini-album.

1. Handmade Heaven
2. Superstar
3. Enjoy Your Life
4. To Be Human
5. You (demo version)
6. Emotional Machine
7. Too Afraid
8. End of the Earth
9. Baby (bonus track)

I think the biggest issue with L+F is just how bland the production is. There's a reason why Baby didn't age like the rest of the tracks. Some of the tracks like Superstar and End of the Earth would have so much more replay-ability for me if their production was touched by an angel. We need to some decadent, fresh-sounding production, or we need simply just piano and nothing else, that's where Marina does best.

AND ALSO! She needs to release under Marina Diamandis. Who though MARINA would be a good name change?