Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

WARNING: this is gonna be a long post...

I like Marina's music and her psychological underbelly as well, although I have to say that Lana fans have been nicer to me on the Internet and I listen to Lana a little bit more. To be honest, I have to catch up A LOT on this new era even though I've been listening to her for 2 1/2 years now. I was really bummed when I wasn't able to see Marina with Charli XCX before she boom clapped her way to the top back in May 2013. The San Diego show on April 18 is IDEAL for me but the whole presale thing isn't (I already brought this up on MarinaBoards but no one responded to me. I JUST joined go figure  :flutter:

My dad's birthday is the day after this show. It's the weekend right after my spring break, which is still manageable. I live about a half hour away from the venue. There's a parking garage next to the venue. There's also a secret entrance since there's a separate bar connected to the venue. And if I'm unable to get tickets, my friend, who's mom likes Marina, might be able to buy 2 extra tickets for my sister and I. And the tickets are $22.50!!!

My issues are this: There's no info on when the pre-sale ends. The North Park Observatory in San Diego can hold up to 1200. I know Marina's fans are hardcore, but does anyone have a prediction as to how fast these very special FROOT shows may sell out? I also heard they might only be for the hardcore fans according to Marina's FAQin HELL video? I have a Spanish presentation to make half an hour before the pre-sale on Friday morning, and then I have a test in my Government class half an hour after the pre-sale starts. I might have to bring my laptop to school, be the first student to do my Spanish presentation, go to the school library, connect to the Internet, and then just hope for the best. Has anyone ever bought concert tickets while at school? And what's the trick to pre-sales? 

100 days until I see Lana Del Rey...and 73 more days if I'm able to see Marina & the Diamonds!!!

My show was 1000 people and it didn't sell out until hours before, that being said she's way more popular in San Diego and with all the press she's getting would probably sell it out in a matter of minutes.

I buy tickets at school all the time because my classes don't have a no laptop policy, but if I was in your situation I'd have a friend ready to buy them for you if your plan doesn't work out. Pre-sale usually requires you to be registered for something (either the fanclub, venue or promoter) to get the password. Presale is only a set number so if you don't get them then the general sale would work out for you. When it's a big show LiveNation usually crashes (like my Lana show did, go figure), so just be patient

BzhmW.png

Do you and National Anthem tend to disagree?  :ohno:

It's odd how people can have the same musical taste spanning across multiple favorite artists, yet all be more drawn to different songs by them.

100% of the time :thumb:

How can you dislike LHC when your fave is literally almost the same song with different lyrics? :creep:

Because:

LooOOoO0nE LEEEEe E EEe haARRRRTs clUHHHHB d0 you wAnt to BEEe with sumBUDY liKe MEEe ?

just yuck tbh :ohno:

Bubblegum Bitch :byeh8rs:

Well I can't totally hate you for that choice, "Homewrecker" is actually the only one I dislike. BB is definitely in the lower half though  :makeup:

Do you and National Anthem tend to disagree?  :ohno:

It's odd how people can have the same musical taste spanning across multiple favorite artists, yet all be more drawn to different songs by them.

Yeah I actually enjoy it at this point  :w8ing:

H0bDaqU.gif

~

omg qirl chill out i'm sure you will get tickets! to make things easier, create a ticketmaster acc if you dont already have one and load your credit card info in before you purchase the tickets, and make sure to refresh the page a few minutes before the presale starts. good luck! i wish marina had put a florida date on the 1st dates. but i'm sure she'll come here eventually! i cant wait to see her since i missed her on the LHC tour :)

CRYu-l5UcAEhjM4.jpg

Oh! I might try to get tickets for either the Indiana or Ohio dates, as I've been meaning to visit some friends there anyway. 

Is there a presale I should be aware of? I know they're for sale regularly on Friday.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I really wonder if she's going to ditch EH tracks from her setlist, I could see her doing all of Froot and the singles from TFJ. Maaaaaaaybe Primadonna

I doubt she would e that stupid. She will have 4 songs from TFJ+EH each, enough to have an 18 song setlist at least. Marina knows where a larger part of her fan base came from. I would like a healthier mix of all albums so far, but it'll mostly exempt 2 songs from Froot at the most.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

I've seen her 3 times, all in the Electra Heart era because I never got a chance to see her tour The Family Jewels. I really don't care to see any tracks from Electra Heart performed again... I would like to see random old tracks from TFJ like Hermit the Frog though!

(but that will never happen...)  :rollin:

I really wonder if she's going to ditch EH tracks from her setlist, I could see her doing all of Froot and the singles from TFJ. Maaaaaaaybe Primadonna

She said Bubblegum Bitch is her favorite song to perform pretty recently so I don't see why she would